Steele Attacks Kagan For Citing Thurgood Marshall's Criticism Of Slavery

cause they're afraid they'll look racist if they fire his butt...

wow jilly, even for you.
of course the Democrat-Progressive party doesn't have a problem kicking their colored folks to the curb if they don't conform to the party line, now do they.:eusa_whistle:

not at all.. You see, WE don't tend to use the occasional non-white as a token so it's easier to treat people of all colors as individuals and criticize their actions as such without fearing the loss of token examples of pluralism. Hell, that you'd even suggest that he should remain just because he's black is fucking hilarious. and racist but mostly hilarious.

Oh you don't?
I made no such suggestion on anything. but rant on anyway.

Hahaha. Jesus. You just defended slavery as the right thing to do at the time.

There are no words.

You would have preferred that the union not be formed at all? :eusa_eh:

Are you surmising that without the 3/5 representation, there would never have been a union????

In all honesty, it seemed to the founders at the time a compromise had to be made about slavery. The original preamble had a strong rebuke against the slave trade. The finished product omitted that. I disagree that the compromise was helpful. Maybe the Union would have had fewer states, but they would have started out with an ethical mandate that future generations would have to live up to, and what would they have lost? Not much, really. Those states would have been much more agreeable as supplicants to the union rather than the "conquered and rebellious" that they continue to portray themselves as. As for the current crop? Fuck em running and let them go. Like hungry kids on laundry day, they'd be back, and a damned sight more agreeable to the rules of the house than they would be as "prisoners."

The three-fifths rule empowered the Northern States. Remember... population allows more representation. The Southern States would have had a representative advantage if slaves had been fully counted.

It's true that the founders 'kicked the can down the road', and the price for that was blood. :(
But it's also true that the U.S. Constitution has a built-in method of repairing problems through the amendment process.

Wow...a prime example of Double Speak. Giving Southern Slaveholders the right to count slaves (property) as representation empowered the North????? :eusa_eh:

Are you just ignorant, or do you approve of slavery? :eusa_eh:

Both representation and federal taxation were linked to population in those days. Blacks and women couldn't vote. So, counting slaves one on one was a Southern ADVANTAGE in terms of representation. They'd have more rich, white, land owners in Congress than they would if slaves were under-counted.

From the Northern perspective, the preference would likely have been to count none. But the South would have had lots of workers that they didn't have to count AT ALL as population when the tax bill came due.

wow jilly, even for you.
of course the Democrat-Progressive party doesn't have a problem kicking their colored folks to the curb if they don't conform to the party line, now do they.:eusa_whistle:

not at all.. You see, WE don't tend to use the occasional non-white as a token so it's easier to treat people of all colors as individuals and criticize their actions as such without fearing the loss of token examples of pluralism. Hell, that you'd even suggest that he should remain just because he's black is fucking hilarious. and racist but mostly hilarious.

Oh you don't?

no, WE don't, Condi. Can you provide an example of such, Steele? You suggested that we dems have no problem kicking minorities to the curb if they don't meet the party standard. Indeed, this is the result of accepting people regardless of their skin color and not waving them around like a fucking dark skinned puppet. You know, as opposed to YOUR kind who use Steele like a fucking Aunt Jemima syrup label.

wow jilly, even for you.

Who is "we"?

read the post that I was referring to since it defined the "we" that I referred to.. Or, don't. whatever.

*yawn*

Oh you don't?

no, WE don't, Condi. Can you provide an example of such, Steele? You suggested that we dems have no problem kicking minorities to the curb if they don't meet the party standard. Indeed, this is the result of accepting people regardless of their skin color and not waving them around like a fucking dark skinned puppet. You know, as opposed to YOUR kind who use Steele like a fucking Aunt Jemima syrup label.

whooboy, take a breath. we all know you Liberals consider yourselves that pure as the driven snow.:lol:

Last edited:
Oh you don't?

whooboy, take a breath. we all know you Liberals consider yourselves that pure as the driven snow.:lol:

On the issue of race it's pretty much as solid as Newton's observations on gravity. Sucks to be you on MLK day, doesn't it?

On the issue of race it's pretty much as solid as Newton's observations on gravity. Sucks to be you on MLK day, doesn't it?

oh so now you know me. when did we meet? I sure as hell don't remember it. musta been a real bore.

oh so now you know me. when did we meet? I sure as hell don't remember it. musta been a real bore.

that sure doesn't stop you from making laughable generalizations about progressive democrats... go scramble your silly fucking ass back to the plantation, massah.

that sure doesn't stop you from making laughable generalizations about progressive democrats... go scramble your silly fucking ass back to the plantation, massah.

funny thing is, I wasn't even talking to you to begin with, unless you are jilly in disguise.. but here you are with your panties all in a bunch over sumthing.

and of course you didn't make any kind of generalization or assumptions about the Republican party, oh HELL no you didn't.:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Ummm... you do know that Dr. King was a Republican, don't you? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back