You either believe the people should decide who leads this country or you don't.

Except the GOP primaries are about who will lead the GOP, not the nation.
The GOP is made up of Republicans registered to the GOP..........without them they have no party.......of course they just ignore their votes and do as they please and say it's for your own good.........

In a Presidential election there has been only 2 real choices forever.................and not being allowed a voice on who 1 of those choices will be in November goes against the core principles of this nation..............the PEOPLE ELECTING our representatives and leadership.............

If votes don't matter to the party by their members then there is no real reason to vote anymore at all........let the elitist DECIDE WHO WE WILL CHOOSE.................

It's rigged and the people of this country know it............and are sick of it...............Which is why most of this country doesn't trust their own government anymore in polls time after time...............

These decisions should be BY THE PEOPLE..........FOR THE PEOPLE.........are they are BS........

gettysburganniv_v1.jpg

the PEOPLE ELECTING our representatives and leadership.............

I ask myself often "Why do I bother?"

Okay. In a party primary no one is election a representative in government. They are election a representative of their party. Leadership is by definition an elitist thing, no? Do you disagree? Are you taking the Occupy message of popular/direct democracy?

the PEOPLE ELECTING our representatives and leadership.............

I ask myself often "Why do I bother?"

Okay. In a party primary no one is election a representative in government. They are election a representative of their party. Leadership is by definition an elitist thing, no? Do you disagree? Are you taking the Occupy message of popular/direct democracy?
Colorado...............they didn't vote for the candidates..........they selected the delegates long ago to DECIDE who gets the nods.............

Voting for a Presidential need not apply..............which is BS..............and unless you don't give a rats ass about the people having a voice in this process you'd know it's wrong.

Ironic how Trump supporters like eagle1462010 attempt to argue against the opinion in the op-ed, and end up reinforcing the point I made about Trump's defenders supporting Trump with nothing more than bumper sticker slogans
Since Trump's entire campaign has been ad-libs and slogans, it only makes sense his supporters would follow suit.

The GOP is made up of Republicans registered to the GOP..........without them they have no party....
The GOP is made up of people who are active in the party. The GOP voting base can change with party registration on any given day. People who sign up to vote at the last minute, and people who play independent or non partisan and then later vote in a GOP primary, do not keep the party alive.

The GOP is a confederation of state parties, made up of local parties. If those state parties had dwindling registration, they would still exist even if they lost most every election (see Green and other parties).

You're just another example of the low information voter who has things force fed to them by populists and other fraudsters

The GOP is made up of Republicans registered to the GOP..........without them they have no party....
The GOP is made up of people who are active in the party. The GOP voting base can change with party registration on any given day. People who sign up to vote at the last minute, and people who play independent or non partisan and then later vote in a GOP primary, do not keep the party alive.

The GOP is a confederation of state parties, made up of local parties. If those state parties had dwindling registration, they would still exist even if they lost most every election (see Green and other parties).

You're just another example of the low information voter who has things force fed to them by populists and other fraudsters
Excuses excuses...............that is all you got............................

They are deciding FOR US who we can vote for........if you support I suggest you read the constitution, Federalist papers...........and relearn what this country was supposed to be about.

Or hold your nose......blow real hard.........and dislodge your head from your ass.

`Do you people eagle1462010 even know how few Americans actually had the vote in the late 1700s and early 1800s? Not even all white men were eligible to vote

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now you prove that you are more than just a simple example of the low information voter who has things force fed to them by populists and other fraudsters. Now you add an element of surprise. You must have come to the level of ignorance in your last post, all on your own.

Excuses excuses...............that is all you got............................

They are deciding FOR US who we can vote for........if you support I suggest you read the constitution, Federalist papers...........and relearn what this country was supposed to be about.

Or hold your nose......blow real hard.........and dislodge your head from your ass.
I don't like the way the nomination process works either. However, the parties follow the principals laid down in the constitution when selecting their nominee.

The founders were very afraid of democracy. They did not want the people making any decisions at the federal level. So they came up with the electoral college in which each state would select electors by whatever means the state chose. These electors would choose a president.

Over time the states gave the people more and more voice in the selection of electors and more and more people were allowed to vote.

However, when Americans first voted for presidents, that is selected electors to select a president, it was nothing like today's voting. The only people that could vote were free men over the age of 21 that owned land and in some states, were a member of whatever religious denomination was predominate in that state. People would gather at a pub, a rich landowner's home, or town hall to vote. It was usually a social occasion. At some point in the socializing, someone would call for the vote to select electors. Then the festivities would continue.

Political parties tried to follow the same pattern used to select a president. Locals would gather to caucus and select delegates who would select a nominee for president at a convention.

In the early days delegates and electors had a great deal of freedom in making their selection. Today state laws in many states require electors to vote in accordance with the vote of the people.

Today as in the past, party members vote for delegates to select the nominee. Some delegates remain uncommitted so they can vote for any candidate. Others are pledge to a candidate. If no candidate get's a majority of the votes on the 1st ballot at the convention, then delegates are released from their pledge and the horse trading begins.

If you think this is a democracy, think again.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back