stay classy, barack

Any time, man.

I would be honored more by the president's salute than being brushed under the rug to keep things pc.

honoring a request for privacy is not being brushed under the rug, and i wouldn't equate that request with an attempt to be politically correct.

They got privacy. Give us the names of the people who didn't get privacy.

Any time, man.

I would be honored more by the president's salute than being brushed under the rug to keep things pc.

honoring a request for privacy is not being brushed under the rug, and i wouldn't equate that request with an attempt to be politically correct.

They got privacy. Give us the names of the people who didn't get privacy.

:eusa_shhh:

the adults are talking

toddle on down the way

I like the one from August 8.

Thanks for the link, it doesn't seem that any of the pictures there are put up with partisan intent.

partisan intent has nothing to do with it.

the families of the dead servicemen wanted NO PICTURES taken of the event.

not no pictures except if the president's there. no fucking pictures, period.

additionally, the white house sent pictures to the media for publication.

I didn't know about that part.

Wasn't very far down in the article, actually

***An official White House photo of a saluting Obama was distributed to news media and published widely.***

What's the word I'm looking for?????

Arrogant? Egotistical?

Reminds me of Fat Albert: NCAA
No
Class
At
All
:(

I can only repeat that I would like the president to salute me if I died for our country.

And as hard as I look, I can't see any disrespect on Obama's part.

I'm done with this thread.

I can only repeat that I would like the president to salute me if I died for our country.

There is none, but with the field of weak republican candidates they have to do something.

I can't get excited about this either way. On the one hand, we had a president who was controversial because when he was young, dumb and full of cum, he wrote a letter that said something about loathing the military. Then we had a president whose military service was questioned because he served in the Guard (although many brave young men who served in the Guard are buried in the Arlington National Cemetery as dead war heroes.)

I think the fact that President Obama took the time to honor fallen warriors is commendable. I don't think he personally was involved in the decision to try to get some political gain out of this although it ultimately reflects on him. The big difference is when President Bush visited the families of fallen warriors to comfort them, the only thing we have to rely on as proof is word of mouth because there were no reporters or photographers present.

I don't hold it against Obama that he went out to honor these brave warriors. I think some idiot on his staff screwed up.

May God comfort the families and loved ones of the 30 heroes who sacrificed their lives to help an endangered brother at arms.

They deserve all our hearts, respect, and caring. We cannot fill that hollow ache in each loved one's heart. But we can pray or meditate that their grief passes, that they reach out to others who've lost a loved one on the battlefields of cruelty and be assured their loved one's life was lived in the purest love for them and this country of ours.

Greater love hath no man.

the facts are as follows, *dude*

the media wasn't present because the families didn't want any pictures taken

they didn't say, *we don't want any pics except for the president's photographer's*.

the wh ignored the bereaved families' wishes by a) taking the picture(s) and b) distributing them to the media.

i can see you're fine with that.

stay classy :thup:

Your own over-sized font quote mentioned "the media". I didn't want the fuckers around either when we were honoring our dead, but that doesn't mean I objected to a Marine Corps photographer. If you want to "stay classy", sir, then I suggest a more civil tone and a more cordial attitude.

I didn't know about that part.

Yeah, me either. I think I need a "link."

Now news organizations are wondering why the White House was allowed to take and distribute that photo when media covering the event were barred from taking any.

The guiding rule since 2009 has been that if families approved, the sad events at Dover AFB could be memorialized in photographs. But in this case, 19 of 30 families nixed the idea, and the Pentagon said no pictures could be taken even if they didn't show the cases of fallen Navy SEALs and others, despite protests from several news groups.

Even the Pentagon itself didn't take photos. But the White House did, posting it on its website and sending it out so that newspapers could portray their president saluting.
Photo of Obama saluting fallen troops questioned - The Oval - USATODAY.com

thx for the link.....so;

White House press secretary Jay Carney said the single photo was distributed "in the interests of transparency."

what transparency could he possibly be alluding to? seriously?

"The reason why we were able to release a photo is -- it was carefully done so that none of the transfer cases that contained remains were in the picture," he said.

and he apparently cannot read either or was unaware that the restrictions applied to photos even if they did not contain images of the remains etc...

AND Notice he said; why we were able to release a photo is....

and there it is.

There is none, but with the field of weak republican candidates they have to do something.

I see, so disrespecting families wishes doesn't qualify? got it. :clap2:

The problem I have with these people is simply the fact that they don't genuinely give a shit. It's just an act to look like the good caring leader, so they can collect the votes on election day. While they say they "support the troops", and shake our hands, they continually stab us in the back. Yes, it's a pretty photo, and that's all it is.

Last edited:
I can't get excited about this either way. On the one hand, we had a president who was controversial because when he was young, dumb and full of cum, he wrote a letter that said something about loathing the military. Then we had a president whose military service was questioned because he served in the Guard (although many brave young men who served in the Guard are buried in the Arlington National Cemetery as dead war heroes.)

I think the fact that President Obama took the time to honor fallen warriors is commendable. I don't think he personally was involved in the decision to try to get some political gain out of this although it ultimately reflects on him. The big difference is when President Bush visited the families of fallen warriors to comfort them, the only thing we have to rely on as proof is word of mouth because there were no reporters or photographers present.

I don't hold it against Obama that he went out to honor these brave warriors. I think some idiot on his staff screwed up.

The problem I have with these people is simply the fact that they don't genuinely give a shit. It's just an act to look like the good caring leader, so they can collect the votes on election day. While they say they "support the troops", and shake our hands, they continually stab us in the back. Yes, it's a pretty photo, and that's all it is.

I think I fall somewhere in here too.... All the hubbub is silly really.
If he didnt go, we'd bitch, and when he does go... we bitch. I say good for him for trying, but his previous record clouds by viewpoint... I will admit to that.

Forum List

Back