Stay asleep

The fundamental flaw is that in the absence of growth and innovation capitalism is a failure, not exactly something that only occurred after Obama was elected. There are no more new territories to develop, no more new, cheaper labor to exploit, there is not even any growth without periodic crashes. we are bumping up against the limit of what capitalism can do within the rules of our society.

The only reason growth is disappearing is the fact that we have practically abolished capitalism. As usual, the leftist blames capitalism for the problems caused by his moronic schemes to bring on the new Utopia.

Calling it what is, is the essence of finding the solution. The call to end capitalism today is reactionary out of a complete misunderstanding of the problem. The booms and busts, i do not believe are deliberately engineered. They are the result of arcane academic belief in economics as a hard, or natural science, vs. what it truly is, which is a social or philisophical one. It has been happening for almost a century now.

Complexity theory dictates that the more complex a system becomes, the less energy will come out of it than that put in. This is known as the law of diminishing returns. Our govt. is on the end of this curve that signals collapse. The same can be said for the fiat money system that is in place.

Capitalism will, after a period of chaos, become the soluition and re-establishment of what was lost in this once great nation, and perhaps the entire world.

Societies crave stability, capitalism alone cannot offer any kind of stable long term prosperity that promotes faith in an economic system because it is devoid of altruism.

You're caught up in the typical collective thought model. It assumes that everyone has the exact same goals, ambitions and talents. That is false. Societies are made up of individuals, each with a distinct skill set, goal, dream and ultimately pursuit. A set of rules to follow was handed to the US by the constitution to allow everyone (with the exception of the social flaws of the era) to enhance these individuals abilities to pursue.

Capitalism, coupled with the laws to allow for the above, is what made this nation great. The altruism is the loyalty to ones own pursuits, and defending their liberty to pursue those things to the death.

Don't tread on me, remember?

Not to mention those who are "better" than others want to be rewarded for their contributions to society. The way we reward them is with money, considering there is no way to measure "contribution to society" or contribution period.

Of course capitalism works on a supply and demand basis..

I suppose the ditch digger in a capitalist economy could - in theory - be the elite if only a few knew how to dig a ditch.

So why isn't the economy better?

One word: Obama.

It's because we are still trying to dig out of the last crash that seemed to hurt everyone except the people who caused it, You can't buy low and sell high if things stay relatively stable. For a very few this recession was an incredible windfall, sucked for the rest of us but we do not matter to the likes of Goldman Sachs.

The people who caused it are politicians who implemented policies that you support.

Societies crave stability, capitalism alone cannot offer any kind of stable long term prosperity that promotes faith in an economic system because it is devoid of altruism.

You're caught up in the typical collective thought model. It assumes that everyone has the exact same goals, ambitions and talents. That is false. Societies are made up of individuals, each with a distinct skill set, goal, dream and ultimately pursuit. A set of rules to follow was handed to the US by the constitution to allow everyone (with the exception of the social flaws of the era) to enhance these individuals abilities to pursue.

Capitalism, coupled with the laws to allow for the above, is what made this nation great. The altruism is the loyalty to ones own pursuits, and defending their liberty to pursue those things to the death.

Really so what would you do if a hypothetical stock you owned only grew at the same rate as the population? That's right, you would dump it, stability is a loss to capitalism, only engineered bubbles, artificial shortages and well timed short sells remain.

You're running in circles. This hypothetical is not sufficient to an outcome to say capitalism is lost to stability. The instability of the world today in the financial and capital markets is a result of everything I've already said. State spoonsored monopolies (most profoundly in banking and currency monopolies) and market interventionists.

These "engineered bubbles", are the symptoms of attempting to centrally plan economically. And again, form from the moral hazards that arise, the unseen consequences and distortions of the market from this planning. Governments do not create markets, nor can they stabilize money (or anything else for that matter).

Are you trying for a world of complete stability void of any risks or dangers? That's just not possible in any way, shape or form.

Really so what would you do if a hypothetical stock you owned only grew at the same rate as the population? That's right, you would dump it, stability is a loss to capitalism, only engineered bubbles, artificial shortages and well timed short sells remain.

What do you do when your population outgrows your food supply??? oh yeah you CULL AND PURGE PEOPLE.....

That's what communists do - because under communism (planned economy) individuals are nothing more than stock...

So would you rather gamble with money or individuals lives???

Remember "The Wall" dummy?

Criticizing capitalism is not necessarily an endorsement of communism, a careful examination of it's flaws is a lot healthier than a quasi-religious acceptance of its perfection.

Capitalism isn't flawed in anyway shape or form....

Our problem isn't with capitalism it's with those (government) who attempt to manipulate the capitalist model...

Capitalism (if left alone) is a self-regulating model....

Really???

Because Wilson and FDR are ALSO responsible for our economic mess due to their unprecedented policies which are now precedent (see Obamafuck)...

Sure planned economies TEMPORARILY WORK - they just don't last...

Sell the future out for the present is pretty much the motto..... Like Wilson or FDR even gave a shit about the future, they knew they would be dead before they would have the finger wagging at them.
So I guess the fact that Americans set the standard for quality of life since the end of WWII does not weigh in the balance of your poor and inept argument.

The industrial revolution and private sector set "the quality of life" - not the government or public sector...

Name one product our government invented????

Oh yeah that's right - our federal government doesn't do a fucking thing except attempt to regulate the private sector...

Our government is the problem - not our economic model.
Our government is not our economic model. By the same token, our government is not the all consuming, all corrupting entity you would like to believe, or at least try feebly to convince us that it is.

Try the G.I. Bill on for size and tell me if there were any benefits from that. How about NASA? No good came from that program either, I assume.

You are never going to convince the reasonable and sane people that government only corrupts and restricts and never produces any good results. People with that attitude usually end up in an FBI poster after they blow up a federal building.

One question, if I may. If government is indeed the corrupting, restricting force that is the enemy of all things good and natural, why would anyone sign up to fight for that government? Conservatives of every stripe would be the draft dodging est, most anti-war people around. And yet they sign up to fight and perchance die for the very government they tell us to hate and fear.

What do you do when your population outgrows your food supply??? oh yeah you CULL AND PURGE PEOPLE.....

That's what communists do - because under communism (planned economy) individuals are nothing more than stock...

So would you rather gamble with money or individuals lives???

Remember "The Wall" dummy?

Criticizing capitalism is not necessarily an endorsement of communism, a careful examination of it's flaws is a lot healthier than a quasi-religious acceptance of its perfection.

Our problem isn't with capitalism it's with those (government) who attempt to manipulate the capitalist model...

Right! Just look at Somolia! There's no government there to slow down Capitalism!

So I guess the fact that Americans set the standard for quality of life since the end of WWII does not weigh in the balance of your poor and inept argument.

The industrial revolution and private sector set "the quality of life" - not the government or public sector...

Oh yeah that's right - our federal government doesn't do a fucking thing except attempt to regulate the private sector...

Our government is not our economic model. By the same token, our government is not the all consuming, all corrupting entity you would like to believe, or at least try feebly to convince us that it is.

Try the G.I. Bill on for size and tell me if there were any benefits from that. How about NASA? No good came from that program either, I assume.

You are never going to convince the reasonable and sane people that government only corrupts and restricts and never produces any good results. People with that attitude usually end up in an FBI poster after they blow up a federal building.

One question, if I may. If government is indeed the corrupting, restricting force that is the enemy of all things good and natural, why would anyone sign up to fight for that government? Conservatives of every stripe would be the draft dodging est, most anti-war people around. And yet they sign up to fight and perchance die for the very government they tell us to hate and fear.

Our government dictates our economy via regulations and taxes...

No, our government just DICTATES the capitalist model.

When the idiot assclown politician suggests "we tax the rich" at 50% - that is de facto economic regulation - not only that but it grows government which will in turn regulate our economy more...

You should really understand the process before you attempt to have an opinion on it...

Another of those Somolia anaolgies. It doesn't work. No one is saying government altogether is bad, corrupted or inherently restrictive. It is about the size and scope of that government that becomes the problem. Which is why the founders attempted to chain government from becoming what it has become today. What that is, is corrupted, restrictive and liberty reducing of the individuals abilities to compete within the market. That's the problem. Government needs to be strictly limited in its ability to interfere with markets. IN every aspect. We have laws they are sworn to uphold to keep the playing field even, maintain, enhance and enforce the the rules in favor of individual/private property from fraud.

Not run funny money, state sponsor monopolies, create rules that crush competition and a host of other problems that we see crippling our abilities to run our own lives properly.

You're running in circles. This hypothetical is not sufficient to an outcome to say capitalism is lost to stability. The instability of the world today in the financial and capital markets is a result of everything I've already said. State spoonsored monopolies (most profoundly in banking and currency monopolies) and market interventionists.

These "engineered bubbles", are the symptoms of attempting to centrally plan economically. And again, form from the moral hazards that arise, the unseen consequences and distortions of the market from this planning. Governments do not create markets, nor can they stabilize money (or anything else for that matter).

Are you trying for a world of complete stability void of any risks or dangers? That's just not possible in any way, shape or form.

Nope, just saying that a lot of things that cause instability like factory closures and outsourcing are deliberately done for no other reason than to keep the stock price up and are therefore not any kind of benefit to society at large.

Right! Just look at Somolia! There's no government there to slow down Capitalism!

Are you fucking kidding me???

What resources does Somolia have?

Now what resources does the US have??

Oh yeah...

The problem with Somolia is that they have nothing....

Not to mention the Muslims in Somolia are lunatic fundamentalists...

When the idiot assclown politician suggests "we tax the rich" at 50% - that is de facto economic regulation - not only that but it grows government which will in turn regulate our economy more...

You should really understand the process before you attempt to have an opinion on it...
Unregulated Capitalism is a death warrant for society. Without law, without rules, without a code of conduct, Capitalism, if left to its own devices, will destroy society rendering it down to the very wealthy and the very poor with no middle class to speak of.

It's been tried before and sooner or later society chafes under the oppression that Capitalism inevitably bears and decisions are made to regulate the Capitalists before they steal the last slice of the cake.

Oh yeah...

But there's no government in Somalia to restrict Capitalism! There are no regulations to make sure that the environment is clean or that workers get a fair wage in return for their labor. It's paradise!

Attacks by flimsy association didn't work in 2008. But hellfire, give it another whirl in 2012.

Unregulated Capitalism is a death warrant for society. Without law, without rules, without a code of conduct, Capitalism, if left to its own devices, will destroy society rendering it down to the very wealthy and the very poor with no middle class to speak of.

It's been tried before and sooner or later society chafes under the oppression that Capitalism inevitably bears and decisions are made to regulate the Capitalists before they steal the last slice of the cake.

It's quite clear that you have no concept of capital or currency...

The wealthy rely on you as much as you rely on the wealthy - it's what makes our money worth something...

The super rich wouldn't be super rich without you spending money and buying whatever it is they peddle.....

If you have no money their money becomes worthless ....

If terrorists were smart they would counterfeit trillions in US currency and NOT smash airplanes into buildings but drop that currency over major US cities....

Do you understand capitalism now or will it take 900.00 gallon of milk to make you understand, while you defend the 900.00 gallon of milk in the process?

Oh yeah...

But there's no government in Somalia to restrict Capitalism! There are no regulations to make sure that the environment is clean or that workers get a fair wage in return for their labor. It's paradise!

What don't your realize about NO RESOURCES??? (Not to mention religious lunatics)..

You are a fucking idiot...

It is quite obvious you know nothing about the basis of ALL economic models - resources and labor...

New Topics

Forum List

Back