Status of Obama's Jobs Bill?

Yes, its been presented. Most GOP leaders have already stated that the tax increases and big spending portions of it are DOA. It will be a couple weeks most likely before we see the reworked version put forth by the House.

• Banned
I'm not sure I asked right. Is it an official bill yet?

Aw heck, I probably don't know enough about how something officially becomes a bill. I need to go review my schoolhouse rock lessons.

What's happening with it? Is it really DOA?

Has anyone presented it formally? Who is signing onto it?

Kinda Depends. If Obama and the Democrats insist on an all or nothing, up or Down vote on his package as is. It's DOA. If he will accept revisions, and only Parts of it being passed. There are Compromises that can be made.

The Main Problem is Obama's assertion that it's Paid for. The last page of the Bill spells out how it is paid for. Basically it says, you know that super Committee. the one that is suppose to cut 1.5 Trillion even though Nobody believes they will ever be able to agree on anything? Well I want them to change that to 1.95 Trillion, and if that does not work, Raise taxes on the rich, Eliminate the Right off for Charitable Contributions. Etc.

So the real test is now. Is Obama serious about this plan, and willing to compromise to get key elements of it passed, or is he just trying to set him self up to run against a "do Nothing" Congress by giving them a bill and insisting they accept it as is or not at all, when he knows they can not accept it as it.

What's happening with it? Is it really DOA?

Has anyone presented it formally? Who is signing onto it?

Kinda Depends. If Obama and the Democrats insist on an all or nothing, up or Down vote on his package as is. It's DOA. If he will accept revisions, and only Parts of it being passed. There are Compromises that can be made.

In other words, if Obama excepts every demand by the GOP and the bill gets watered down to the point of impotency, then maybe a few GOP will vote for it.

Forum List

Back