States to fight Healthcare Bill

WhiteLion

WMS.
Aug 26, 2008
Pearl, Mississippi
Arizona Governor Issues Statement on Federal Health Care Plan
Arizona Governor Issues Statement on Federal Health Care Plan | Phoenix Arizona Real Estate Local News and Business Directory

Second, the Senate bill actually punishes Arizona because (as in 5 other states) it has already expanded coverage (as mandated by the voters) and will not receive the same level of support from Congress as states that did not expand coverage. This inequitable policy treatment results in over $15 billion in costs to the State through fiscal year 2020 that would not have been incurred without expansion.

Third, the Senate bill redistributes Arizona taxpayer money and gives it to other states (such as Nebraska, Louisiana, Massachusetts, and others) to fund coverage through special side deals.

Finally the Senate bill establishes full federal control of the Medicaid program and eliminates any discretion or options for states to meaningfully control costs.

A revolving door to the rabbits hole( in a word a perpetual bottomless money pit)
If this Healthcare Bill isnt repealed in its entirity which i doubt it will happen, we are looking at possible national bankruptcy in the very near future whos ripples affect will know no bounds....

Cloward and Piven were radical Columbia professors in the 1960s who believed in "change" and "social justice." Inspired by the riots in Los Angeles in 1965, they wrote and published their article which outlined the best way to bring the kind of Saul Alinsky-type social change to America. In their estimation, it was to overwhelm the system and bring about the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with impossible demands and bring on economic collapse.

Cloward and Piven instructed activists that if a crisis did not exist, promote or manufacture one by exaggerating some unthreatening predicament. (Global warming anyone? And to an extent, health care?)

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -Thomas Jefferson

Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases. -Thomas Jefferson

Impact of Proposed Health Care Legislation on the Economy
Impact of Proposed Health Care Legislation on the Economy | Free Speech Politics--Right-Wing Conservatism

IRS looking to hiring thousands of armed tax agents to enforce health care laws
IRS looking to hiring thousands of armed tax agents to enforce health care laws | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Panthera Leo Kruger

I heard Gibbs saying that the lawsuits don't have a chance because the government is operating within its bounds under the interstate commerce laws.

I understand that the government can regulate the sale of products across state lines.
But where does it say in these laws that the government can force citizens to buy a product?

And if forcing everyone to purchase insurance is good for the country then certainly forcing everyone to buy a Chevy is equally as good.

What about forcing people to buy a government approved bag of groceries? After all if everyone else's health is now my business I want to be sure people aren't eating badly.

Can we mandate under the penalty of taxes that everyone join a gym and prove to a horde of IRS agents that they work out for an hour every day too?

Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum said Monday that he and the attorneys general of nine other states plan to file a lawsuit Tuesday in an effort to block the landmark health care legislation passed by Congress.

The lawsuit, he said, will be filed as soon as President Barack Obama signs the bill into law.

McCollum plans to fight health care bill in court - South Florida Business Journal:

The Democrats only thought they won something last night. Looks like the fight is just beginning. Obama would be smart to pigeonhole that sucker.

Don't get your hopes up, fellas. These lawsuits are going to be an unmitigated joke, akin to Philip Berg's lawsuits challenging the eligibility of Barack for President. They'll never get out of district court.

Take a little common sense on the issue. These people are lawmakers by profession, most of them attorneys. Do you really think they would have campaigned on, debated on, fought for, whipped for over a year for a bill that could be overturned on constitutional grounds?

Sure, it's big news because of the controversial nature of the reform bill, but these lawsuits have a 0.00% chance in court. The states that passed laws to outlaw the bill are trumped by federal law, which I'm sure they realized before they wasted resources on them. Mere grandstanding.

Love it, hate it, be indifferent about it; The bill is here, it will be signed, it will happen.

Don't get your hopes up, fellas. These lawsuits are going to be an unmitigated joke, akin to Philip Berg's lawsuits challenging the eligibility of Barack for President. They'll never get out of district court.

Take a little common sense on the issue. These people are lawmakers by profession, most of them attorneys. Do you really think they would have campaigned on, debated on, fought for, whipped for over a year for a bill that could be overturned on constitutional grounds?

Sure, it's big news because of the controversial nature of the reform bill, but these lawsuits have a 0.00% chance in court. The states that passed laws to outlaw the bill are trumped by federal law, which I'm sure they realized before they wasted resources on them. Mere grandstanding.

Love it, hate it, be indifferent about it; The bill is here, it will be signed, it will happen.

It will be signed no doubt but it may also be repealed.

No may to it. I believe it will be repealed.

And yes Cujo, the lefty loonies are so far gone on Obamatrix that they would do exactly that.

And yes Cujo, the lefty loonies are so far gone on Obamatrix that they would do exactly that.

You're not slated to win a majority in either house in November, let alone 2/3rds to override Barack's veto. Perhaps in 2012 if you win the White House and both majorities they can begin the process of repealing it. I highly doubt it though. I'd say about a 1 in 50 chance at best to repeal this in the next 20 years. But then, that's just my opinion, isn't it.

"...They would do exactly that." They'd do exactly what? <---Scratch that

Now I get it, campaign on a bill that could be overturned on constitutional issues.

No, my friend, no they wouldn't.

Last edited:
Well, setting aside the "commerce clause," the thing is not constitutional by reason of the way it has been done. A bill must begin in the House and then go to the Senate. The original House bill was killed in the Senate and rather than tell the House to "try again," the Senate set out to originate its own bill to be presented to the House for approval.

Then there's always that Rep. from SC who, when questioned about the constitutionality of the House bill earlier on, responded, "Constitution? We don't care what's in the Constitution. We just do what we want to do."

And damned if they haven't.

As a side note, apparently more people that Phillip Berg brought lawsuits and it was in the news that Chief Justice Roberts said the Court would entertain taking up these suits.

LOL. And how many challenges did Social Security and Medicare get? It will be the same. New faces, same ol' yap-yap. And once again you will lose, and be remembered by history as Luddites that once again could not stop progress.

You're not slated to win a majority in either house in November, let alone 2/3rds to override Barack's veto. Perhaps in 2012 if you win the White House and both majorities they can begin the process of repealing it. I highly doubt it though. I'd say about a 1 in 50 chance at best to repeal this in the next 20 years. But then, that's just my opinion, isn't it.

"...They would do exactly that." They'd do exactly what? <---Scratch that

Now I get it, campaign on a bill that could be overturned on constitutional issues.

No, my friend, no they wouldn't.

It will have bankrupted the country by then. . . .

LOL. And how many challenges did Social Security and Medicare get? It will be the same. New faces, same ol' yap-yap. And once again you will lose, and be remembered by history as Luddites that once again could not stop progress.

IMHO this is anything but progress. It may have even set real healthcare reform back 20 years or more.

Here is what everyone seems to have forgotten.

Original Idea: to make health care more affordable so more Americans would have health care.

End Result: More taxes, probable higher premiums, special deals for some citizens. Sweet heart deals for others. Screw you to most.

There is nothing in this bill to bring down costs. NOTHING!

IMHO this is anything but progress. It may have even set real healthcare reform back 20 years or more.

Original Idea: to make health care more affordable so more Americans would have health care.

End Result: More taxes, probable higher premiums, special deals for some citizens. Sweet heart deals for others. Screw you to most.

The bill works in theory. In practice, we'll have to wait and see.

If the insurance companies continue to game the system, just this side of the law as they have been, and continue abuses, public option goes back in, done and done.

If the insurance companies continue to game the system, just this side of the law as they have been, and continue abuses, public option goes back in, done and done.

Public Option meet Filibuster.

Allah is please that Obama gave Americans the right to have Health Insurance.

Public Option meet Filibuster.

I'm talkin years down the road, Ollie.

New Topics

Forum List

Back