State's Pot Rights?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ragnar, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    Hot Air Blog Archive Buzzkill: DEA raids pot grower despite complying with state laws
    (Hot Air is a right of center blog)
    Owner who bragged of large medical-pot operation jailed in DEA raid - The Denver Post

I believe there are more issues going on than the blog report alone lets on. (not that I'd let that get in the way of a good thread title) The Denver Post suggest the proximity of a school may be a factor, plus the fact that (if I read the article right) the grower got arrested before the TV segment aired. What rights do a State have verses the Federal law and its enforcement... if any?

Still, all in all, a good jumping off point to start talking about the lawfare being waged on We the People. I consede ignorence of the law should not excuse breaking the law. But how does one function under tens of thousands of pages of law regulating our daily lives. Even if they were all somehow for our own good. (OK, I'll also concede most of our daily lives don't include giant indoor pot farms)

2. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Why even waste resources on enforcing laws on a plant is a violation of our rights,imho.

3. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,962
    As much as I'm in favor of complete legalization (not just medical marijuana), there's no reason to brag on national television about your stash. I just think it's kind of stupid. The people in charge of the DEA are old-school Ddrug Warriors, and they'd take something like this as a personal insult.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  4. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    That is because most communist prefer for the people to be doped up. It has nothing to do with enforcing someone's personal choice.

5. theDoctorisIn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,962
    ???

What are you talking about?

6. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    Most people that I have ran into that want to legalize pot want to because they want to smoke it themselves. They don't do it because they believe in someone's personal choice but because they want to smoke up and get high without the cops bugging them. The same people who support the legalization of pot also support taxes on cigs and unhealthy sugary drinks so I can't say they believe in someone's right to choose for themselves.

7. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    Get the population doped up, drunk, stoned, and then they won't resist you. That is the reason why vodka was so prevalent in the soviet union.

8. theDoctorisIn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,962
    Provably false. I don't support a tax on sugary drinks, nor on cigarettes. And I do support legalization. Broad brush much?

9. theDoctorisIn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,962
    So is that how you justify big government drug war? And you call yourself a conservative?

10. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I think people should mind their own business and not worry so much about weather a person is smoking pot in his own home anymore than they worry about drinking in their own home, now, getting doped up in public, with children and things of this nature should of course always be illegal. The same with cigarettes and sugary drinks, that is a personal right, now, we should not as a society be forced to pay for their healthcare either, if they want to smoke and then they get emphysema, taxpayers should not be forced to care for them.