States have no power to regulate federal elections

On one hand, it says that each state shall appoint, "in such matter as the legislature thereof may direct, a number of electors."

Something to consider here too, states are given wide lattitude to so as they please with electors and when we vote for President the state has fairly wide lattitude in that area under the constitution, so that might be your answer there.

I'm not sure that's the case. Why would such a law be unconstitutional? However, a law saying you could be 18 and be elected president would be unconstitutional.

The same reason why it is unconstitutional for a state to place term limits on its own Representatives and Senators. The states have no power to levy qualifications. The constitution alone sets the qualifications for President, as it does for Representatives and Senators.

If that holds true then why does each state have different ballot requirements?

ok, so you should be able to quote where the constitution says judges interpret the constitution. i cant find it, so please, i am asking you to help me.

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish....The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority; to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls; to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction; to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party; to Controversies between two or more States; between a State and Citizens of another State; between Citizens of different States; between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.

ok, but where does it say interpret? come on, help me out here.

Bullshit. The War of Northern Aggression decided by force who could regulate what, despite the plain English in the US Constitution.

:lol: Tell it to the Supreme Court. It's their words you just said "bullshit" to.

If that holds true then why does each state have different ballot requirements?

If it holds true? State set term limits for members of Congress is exactly the issue that was before the court in the case I excerpted. The Supreme Court ruled that the Arkansas law setting such limits was unconstitutional.

I've already said, "judicial power" is the power to interpret the law. Just like "legislative power" is the power to create law. If you can't understand that, then the help you need isn't going to be found here. It's in a grade school social studies class.

I've already said, "judicial power" is the power to interpret the law. Just like "legislative power" is the power to create law. If you can't understand that, then the help you need isn't going to be found here. It's in a grade school social studies class.

you said the constitution said the word interpret. Does it or doesn't it?

Forum List

Back