States consider drug tests for welfare recipients Mar 26 2009

Sealybobo: lmao rofl @ you. How pompous and righteous can you sound. You didn't give away your rights? You asked for OUR money as a welfare recipient, but you still have the right to waste money on drugs, alcohol, hookers and (fill in the blank)? You want free money, piss in the cup. If your piss is so valuable, fine...keep it!

It always amuses me how drug users and advocates get ALL riled up when you start talking about catching them busting the law.

Father time: if someone wants their privacy, fine. Dont ask for handouts, food, rent money, or your bills paid. However, if you can't stay off drugs and booze, you have no business taking free money. This country has become SO spineless than people not only expect free money but they expect it on their terms.

While you and your brethren amuse me, and that is your belief, it doesn't mean its right or correct. It only means its whats in your head.

Last edited:
no i do not agree with it..... we have a right to privacy....or we are suppose to and this is a slippery slope, why should the 92% who do not use drugs be subjected to this invasion of privacy or humiliated and made to take a test that is NONE of your or the government's business, these people ARE THE GOVERNMENT if it is the government of the people?

utter bullshit!!!!
Agreed. Also, most welfare recipients have children so in reality it is the children we would be punishing. Sometimes Americans make me ashamed.

no i do not agree with it..... we have a right to privacy....or we are suppose to and this is a slippery slope, why should the 92% who do not use drugs be subjected to this invasion of privacy or humiliated and made to take a test that is NONE of your or the government's business, these people ARE THE GOVERNMENT if it is the government of the people?

utter bullshit!!!!
Agreed. Also, most welfare recipients have children so in reality it is the children we would be punishing. Sometimes Americans make me ashamed.

They aren't already being punished when the parents use the money for drugs instead of food?

Care4all: whats the matter with donating an oz of urine to prove you are a lawabiding citizen? Or are you saving all your urine for some specific reason, or do you feel your urine is valuable for some reason? If not, shut up, pizz in the cup and get on with life and quit feeling so special.

None of you whiny assed RIGHT TO PRIVACY hypocrites were standing up for John McCain's right to privacy when you were demanding that his medical records be made public.. hypocrites!

Hye, I know!

We should test welfare CHILDREN for CHOCOLATE use.

We surely wouldn't like to discover that poor children are eating chocolate off the taxpayers dime, now, would we?

Cause that would be really bad if they were happy for a brief moment in their miserable existences, wouldn't it?

These kids need to learn that poverty is crime and understand that they are worthless people that everybody hates.

Cause you know that'll do a lot to help them become productive citizens and what not.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken that exactly what motivated BILL GATES to become so rich, wasn't it?

It always amuses me how drug users and advocates get ALL riled up when you start talking about catching them busting the law.

Father time: if someone wants their privacy, fine. Dont ask for handouts, food, rent money, or your bills paid. However, if you can't stay off drugs and booze, you have no business taking free money. This country has become SO spineless than people not only expect free money but they expect it on their terms.

While you and your brethren amuse me, and that is your belief, it doesn't mean its right or correct. It only means its whats in your head.

You do realize you are a member in the new American Republican Subculture, right?

Yes, you are in the minority. Can you believe it? Now that doesn't mean you are wrong, but in this case, you are wrong.

First off, pot should be legal. The only reason it is not legal is because of people like you and the tobacco lobbyists who pay your party and my party billions of dollars to keep pot illegal.

That's all you are catching lady, Pot smokers. Meanwhile all the heroine, cocaine, meth addicts are still collecting.

And it cost you millions of dollars to bust a few pot heads. I thought you said you were fiscally conservative? See, another reason why Republicans can't keep their word. They have a hard on for the war on drugs. And this war cost most than Iraq. Suckers.

Even Obama, the pussy, said no to legalizing pot last night. Fucking puss!!! I know he knows it should be legal, but he can't say it in his first term.

And what about the kids? Come on! Aren't you a COMPASSIONATE conservative anymore?

Did you know that counselors are better at finding the real drug addicts than these drug tests? Again, coke and heroine go out of your body after a couple/few days.

Anyways, I don't think we will take your advice anymore on the War on Drugs. Or any wars for that matter. It seems to me that Republicans always lose wars. It started back in the Civil war when we kicked your ass then. Then you lost viet nam. Then Iraq & Afganistan.

Hye, I know!

We should test welfare CHILDREN for CHOCOLATE use.

We surely wouldn't like to discover that poor children are eating chocolate off the taxpayers dime, now, would we?

Cause that would be really bad if they were happy for a brief moment in their miserable existences, wouldn't it?

These kids need to learn that poverty is crime and understand that they are worthless people that everybody hates.

Cause you know that'll do a lot to help them become productive citizens and what not.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken that exactly what motivated BILL GATES to become so rich, wasn't it?
Excellent idea. If we catch them eating at McD's we should just go ahead and execute them.

It is a big deal. You gave away your rights in the army. We didn't.

Oh yea, they said on the Ron Reagan show too that all you are going to find is pot smokers if you drug test, because most drugs leave the system in a couple days. Maybe the person isn't buying the pot. Ever think of that?

Also, what about the kids? Dad may smoke a joint. That doesn't mean let the kids go without food.

PS. If we are collecting unemployment, we earned it. We paid into it. So we deserve it, no matter what we spend the money on.

I dont give two hots and a cot if you use your own money to buy weed thats a personal decision. But when you take money from people under the pretense that you are buying food and paying rent and utilities then buy drugs with it you got the money dishonestly. I am helping fellow Americans who are going through hard times not funding drug habbits with my tax dollars. You dress it up however you like but the bottom line is you advocate using tax dollars to fund the purchase of illegal substances and that to me is unnacceptable.

Oh yea, they said on the Ron Reagan show too that all you are going to find is pot smokers if you drug test, because most drugs leave the system in a couple days. Maybe the person isn't buying the pot. Ever think of that?

Also, what about the kids? Dad may smoke a joint. That doesn't mean let the kids go without food.

PS. If we are collecting unemployment, we earned it. We paid into it. So we deserve it, no matter what we spend the money on.

I dont give two hots and a cot if you use your own money to buy weed thats a personal decision. But when you take money from people under the pretense that you are buying food and paying rent and utilities then buy drugs with it you got the money dishonestly. I am helping fellow Americans who are going through hard times not funding drug habbits with my tax dollars. You dress it up however you like but the bottom line is you advocate using tax dollars to fund the purchase of illegal substances and that to me is unnacceptable.

That's exactly right, welfare is a bailout, if we can haul AIG into court and make them account for how they spent the money then we can make the citizen who has his hand out for a bailout each month prove that he spends the money on that which it was given for. If not a drug test then receipts will help. We need receipts.

Fuck you how I use my money. We're talking unemployment here. I earned it! And I'll spend it however I like.

If you are rich and don't need it, do you have to give it back? Then fuck you how I spend mine!

And I didn't dress it up. I told you the fucking facts. I explained how it is unconstitutional to drug test, and this is going to get shot down.

So, don't cry that some people might be using some of the money for drugs.

What, because they are unemployed, you assume they are guilty?

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Fucking so unAmerican.

PS. This is how I reply when I'm worked up. Nothing against you. I just am passionate! And the curse words help me express it.

Nothing against you SIR!

That's exactly right, welfare is a bailout, if we can haul AIG into court and make them account for how they spent the money then we can make the citizen who has his hand out for a bailout each month prove that he spends the money on that which it was given for. If not a drug test then receipts will help. We need receipts.

My bad. Last night on the Ron Reagan show, I thought they were saying to drug test people getting unemployment.

I still say no to drug testing, but not as passionately when it is for welfare people.

Its still a bad idea, and unconstitutional, so no, but I'm going to bow out of this now. Sorry Mr Prez.

Fuck you how I use my money. We're talking unemployment here. I earned it! And I'll spend it however I like.

If you are rich and don't need it, do you have to give it back? Then fuck you how I spend mine!

And I didn't dress it up. I told you the fucking facts. I explained how it is unconstitutional to drug test, and this is going to get shot down.

Fucking so unAmerican.

PS. This is how I reply when I'm worked up. Nothing against you. I just am passionate! And the curse words help me express it.

Nothing against you SIR!

When employers can legally drug test why can't the government do so? You are meeting requirements to recieve a check the same thing you do at work. I do not assume people are guilty because thet are unemployed. I do however think that a personal decision must be made is the assistancce worth a drug test? If not do not apply for it. If you go on an interview and piss hot you will not get hired, thus you will not get paid. If you go to the government for a check and piss hot you will not get the check.

If you read what I said you would know that I believe only people who have recieved aid 6 out of the last 24 months should be tested. Why? Because if an average Joe who needs some assistance smokes weed on his own time so be it give the man a check. But after 6 months there is a dependency on the assistance developing and we need to make sure that the money is not going to a drug habbit.

Fucking so unAmerican.

Nothing against you SIR!

When employers can legally drug test why can't the government do so? You are meeting requirements to recieve a check the same thing you do at work. I do not assume people are guilty because thet are unemployed. I do however think that a personal decision must be made is the assistancce worth a drug test? If not do not apply for it. If you go on an interview and piss hot you will not get hired, thus you will not get paid. If you go to the government for a check and piss hot you will not get the check.

If you read what I said you would know that I believe only people who have recieved aid 6 out of the last 24 months should be tested. Why? Because if an average Joe who needs some assistance smokes weed on his own time so be it give the man a check. But after 6 months there is a dependency on the assistance developing and we need to make sure that the money is not going to a drug habbit.

OSHA makes businesses have a safety program,if in this program
you want to have substance abuse testing for employees (who maybe operate machinery) all you are doing is following the OSHA
requirements. Perfectly legal and safety programs are to be read
on a regular basis for all employees to know.

I'm amazed at how many people think drug addicted welfare moochers is some sort of major problem, without even the slightest shred of data to support such a position.

Fucking so unAmerican.

Nothing against you SIR!

If the employer drug tests me and I have drugs in my system, no criminal charges are brought. The law never finds out.

But you make some very compelling arguments. I still say I don't want this done. For reasons I have mentioned before, like the cost of doing this, the constitutionality, the kids, and the fact that I think pot should be legal.

If they were catching cocaine addicts, then fine, but they won't. They'll only catch us dopers.

PS. I would love to do this to cigarette smokers. First off, make those things illegal. Secondly, tell them they can lose their jobs or welfare if they get caught.

Why should our money go to welfare bums who can afford $5 a pack a day?

"Anyways, I don't think we will take your advice anymore on the War on Drugs. Or any wars for that matter. It seems to me that Republicans always lose wars. It started back in the Civil war when we kicked your ass then. Then you lost viet nam. Then Iraq & Afganistan."

If I am not mistaken the north won the civil war with a republican president- Mr. Lincoln. If my memory serves, (yeah, i am old enough), Vietnam was a conflict that both our worthless parties kept going until the American people had raised enough hell to make our leaders worry.
I think the jury is still out on Iraq and Afghanistan simply because it isn't over. A republican President certainly started it but it appears that despite what he says, a democratic president is more than willing to step up the action.
I remember when drug testing started, Reagan used it as a means to create jobs. He drummed up support by calling for a drug free workplace, which is hard to argue with no matter what you think.
Before Reagan there wasn't drug testing labs in every town. He created an entire industry.
I don't know if it reduced workplace accidents or not, it did create a lot of jobs in the drug testing industry.

Dammit I forgot why I wanted to post here. A lot of you guys will indentify with this.
My wife took the kids and went to New York 7 years ago. She has 3 degrees, but when she left she said she was sick of working and was going to New York to live on welfare that I would pay for. She said the state of New York would take me to the cleaners.
Well, she was right. I am supposed to pay 800 a month iun child support, but since she is on welfare, by the time the state adds on their administration fees, its really 1140 a month.
She sits at home and smokes dope all day that she buys with her welfare money. I was able to pay what I was supposed to until illness(diabetes then a heart attack) caused me to be unable to work any more. I petitioned the court to change the amount, but they refuse to hear it. Twice the state of New York issued a warrant to arrest me for non-support. Twice they requested that Arizona arrest and extradite me to New York. Twice Navajo County Sherrifs deputies showed up to arrest me and the first time refused to take me from a hospital bed to do it, the second time they refused to take responsibility for providing my medical care during the arrest or transport to NY. I am planning on working this summer and am told that the state of New York will garnish every cent I make. My employer says he can't withold more than is allowed by AZ law, 65% of the amount over some basic poverty threshold.
In the meantime my miserable K**T of an ex-wife, otherwise known as the wicked witch of the east, is sitting home everyday smoking her state funded pot.
I hope they do test people on welfare for drugs and alchohol, and tobbacco and everything else that is a waste of taxpayer money. I hope they send them to jail if they fail more than once. I hope my ex is first in and last out......

This is always such an issue. Firstly, someone mentioned, WHAT IF THEY DIDN"T EVEN BUY THE POT ? If you've never been a pot smoker, you may not understand how common sharing is. Hell, some of you may be unfamiliar with the idea of sharing at all. But when a marujuana cigarette is rolled and fire put to it, it will often be passed around to whomever is in the general vicinity. Several people will partake that didn't pay for the weed. I haven't bought marijuana in over 10 years but when one gets passed around, I don't skip it. I really don't think many here will care. I think most just want any excuse used to take away someone's welfare. Even if it cost more to take it away than it does to give it.

Secondly, why do so few acknowledge the fact that WE ALREADY take welfare away from convicted drug users ? If you get caught and charged, you lose your welfare. How many regular drug users do you know that get away with buying and posessing pot, for any period of time, without getting caught ? I know a lot of folks that are regular pot smokers and MOST of them have been caught, at one time or another, without the expense of drug test. Cops have a hard on for pot smokers that makes you folks look like you're soft on drugs. You're already paying for drug enforcement.

The facts are, we already have a federal law to keep drug users from getting welfare. You folks talk like we're not doing anything about this. WE ARE. The real question here, that no one is addressing, is HOW MUCH WILL THIS COST ? You folks that are claiming some concern about the use of your tax dollars seem pretty complacent about paying for drug testing. This is going to cost you.

Forum List

Back