States are the best place for healthcare!!

When all other arguments fail, this is the GOP's fallback argument.

Here is the answer. American citizens have the right to LIFE, liberty and the persuit of happiness. LIFE baby!!!

And our government breaks up monopolies.

And we already have medicare and social security. Are those unconstitutional too?

If they are, then you have lost this argument a long time ago.

Now go vote for Bob Barr or Ron Paul.

So in your perversion of the constitution you get to do whatever you want to do to your body but someone else has the obligation to pay for it. You realize that's what you just said, right?

Yup!

While I appreciate your passion mid, what is good for one states residents may not be the best thing for anothers. I know I would not want to pay the taxes that Mass. residents pay or be subject to the property taxes in Ca. however in both of those cases it's a trade off for living there as it is for where I live. Sometimes I think people forget it's called the United STATES!!!! and not just United. I had started another thread to show people some idea of the Arizona state house feelings on this matter, and many who have seen are quite surprised by it. Arizona is adopting a measure to thwart mandatory healthcare for our residents. and leave the choice to it's residence. It has passed the House and is on the way to the Senate. So I have to disagree with you, this is a nation of individual states all with different needs, not all of them completely homogeneous.

No one is surprised at the Arizona GOP's reaction to Democrats ideas.

And it isn't mandatory healtcare. You keep posting lies/misinformation.

Guess you didn't listen to Obama's interview with Dian Sawyer did you? he quite clearly stated this only works if everyone does it.

No he did not.

Obama also seemed to back off from his promise that people who like their health care plans will be able to keep them under his plan for reform, and instead of saying that "no one" will take away any American's health insurance, today he said only that the government would not do so.

(BUT YOU WILL HANG ON THIS BECAUSE YOU ARE A FEAR MONGER)

ABC News asked how the president could make such a guarantee if the public-run plan was cheaper, thus possibly enticing employers to enroll employees in that plan.

"When I say if you have your plan and you like it, ... or you have a doctor and you like your doctor, that you don't have to change plans, what I'm saying is the government is not going to make you change plans under health reform," the president said.

This was a shift from what the president said just last week, when he told a gathering of the nation's doctors, "If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what."

Obama Touts Health Care Plan In Press Conference - ABC News

Guess you didn't listen to Obama's interview with Dian Sawyer did you? he quite clearly stated this only works if everyone does it.

No he did not.

Obama also seemed to back off from his promise that people who like their health care plans will be able to keep them under his plan for reform, and instead of saying that "no one" will take away any American's health insurance, today he said only that the government would not do so.

ABC News asked how the president could make such a guarantee if the public-run plan was cheaper, thus possibly enticing employers to enroll employees in that plan.

"When I say if you have your plan and you like it, ... or you have a doctor and you like your doctor, that you don't have to change plans, what I'm saying is the government is not going to make you change plans under health reform," the president said.

This was a shift from what the president said just last week, when he told a gathering of the nation's doctors, "If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what."

What the Big O is not telling you....employers will eventually drop their health plans because they can shift this cost over to the Feds...

.....will you then be able to keep the doctor you like?.....who knows.....government rules will rule you......and of course they can change at any time.....at the whim of the current politicians in power....who will now control your medical services....oh boy oh boy...

sealy I will keep posting the facts from reasonable sources, almost all of which do not come from what can even be remotly considered as Republican controlled. In fact I often quote from what are considered, liberal or Govt. sources for that very reason. The facts are simple, when you impose a so called "public option" and do so without making it mandatory as well as doing so without fixing other issues related to healthcare costs you have accomplished exactly nothing expect cause this economy to go even furhter into a hole. Now I know you want and need affordable healthcare many people do, I submit there many ways to accomplish this without bankrupting this country and do so in a manner that does not force people off their employer sponsored healthcare as well. I will agree with you on one thing, Arizona has a long history of seeing bad ideas for what they are and reacting to them. This is just one more reaction.

Navy, I didn't question your source, but we all know the Arizona State Legislature is no better than the John Boehner run GOP, or Tom Delay GOP.

Healthcare is why we are in a hole. How many people have to lose their homes because of healthcare?

No one has any disposable income because of healthcare.

Companies can't afford to stay in America because they have to pay for healthcare.

Navy, explain this statement:

when you impose a so called "public option" and do so without making it mandatory you have accomplished exactly nothing except cause this economy to go even furhter into a hole.

I'd be happy to sealy, healthcare costs are not a result of just the insurance companies being profit happy. As the number of uninsured Americans are not a result of everyone not being able to afford insurance or for that matter even being American. My point is that is the Obama Adminsitration assumes that this "public option" is a catch all one stop fix and does not attempt to fix ALL the economic issues associated with rising costs then all the "public option" will accomplish is nothing but add one more layer of costs. I think in all of my healthcare posts, I have pointed out several factors that cause healthcare to rise, and if those are not addressed. Then it's spending money for the sake of spending money. The country already has a massive deficit you know this, high unemployment, and by spending Trillions of dollars and NOT fixing any of the associated issues realted to healthcare cost, you end up adding more to the deficit and causing the economy to get even weaker. There are many many ways to accomplish the goals of reducing the costs of healthcare sealy, its my humble opinion that have the Federal Govt. manage and compete with private insurance companies is not one of them, especially if your not going to fix an issue that costs 80 billion dollars a year and thats Illegal Immigrant healthcare. Obama says he intends to pay for this plan over 10 years so whats 80 billion over 10 years ? thats 800 Billion dollars and that not even taking into account rising numbers of illegal immigrants. Take drugs for instance, you have long term patents issued to drug companies making them the sole source for that medicine, basically zero competetion. While I don't begrudge anyone a pantent, I'm sure that the patent office i.e. the Govt. can work some agreement with this companies to provide license sharing to off brand makers as a pretext for aquiring a patent. Those are just some of the examples I cite..

No he did not.

Perhaps you would like to take a crack at spinning this then:

"People have made some pretty compelling arguments to me that if we want to have a system that drives down costs for everybody, then we've got to have healthier people not opt out of the system," the president said in an exclusive interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer today on "Good Morning America." "

It's too late for that. If any Repub was interested in Healthcare legislation, they would have taken this up long ago when they were in charge.

The Democrats now have it, we have a president who intends to get UHC done and America wants it.

You're not keeping up with the news. Universal health insurance is off the table for all practical purposes because no one has been able to come up with a plan for universal coverage that will not either require some sort of large middle class tax increase or trillions of dollars of new debt. So, having failed to deliver on their primary promise of universal health insurance, the Congressional Dems turned to a public plan in the hope of showing some sort of victory, but it is a virtual certainty that it will not pass the Senate. It is uncertain at this point if the Dems will be able to deliver any major health insurance or health care changes.

No, you aren't keeping up. And we aren't sure if its going to be universal healthcare, public, single payer, or a combination. But regardless, right wingers are against all of the alternatives.

Universal health care is health care coverage for all eligible residents of a political region and often covers medical, dental and mental health care. These programs vary in their structure and funding mechanisms. Typically, most costs are met via a single-payer health care system or national health insurance, or else by compulsory regulated pluralist insurance (public, private or mutual) meeting certain regulated standards. Universal health care is implemented in all but one of the wealthy, industrialized countries, with the exception being the United States.[1][2] It is also provided in many developing countries and is the trend worldwide.

And we are going to get er done. Just wait till Al Franken gets seated.

One down and 9 to go:

These Democratic Senators are against it:
Senator Blanche Lincoln (D-AR)

Senator Tom Carper (D-DE)

Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA)

Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR)

Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL)

Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA)

Senator Kay Hagan (D-NC)

Senator Kent Conrad (D-ND)

Senator Max Baucus (D-MT)

These names are reported by The Hill
Update: Senator Jeff Binghaman (D-NM) says he supports a public option.

No, universal coverage is out. Neither Dodd's committee nor Baucus' is even considering it now. None of the plans are proposing a single payer system, and its clear that a public plan that would be able to receive government subsidies private plans weren't eligible for will not pass the Senate. If they want to pass a public plan that would not be able to receive such subsidies, there would be little opposition to it from either side of the aisle.

No he did not.

Perhaps you would like to take a crack at spinning this then:

"People have made some pretty compelling arguments to me that if we want to have a system that drives down costs for everybody, then we've got to have healthier people not opt out of the system," the president said in an exclusive interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer today on "Good Morning America." "

The Big O is using the same logic that was made regarding auto insurance.....everybody by law now has to buy auto insurance whether or not you want to.....even those of you who have never had an accident.....of course Romney uses the same logic with his health plan in Mass....

....individual choice is disappearing...

Forum List

Back