Staten Island is mad

Common sense and critical thinking tell me that the restoration of power to lower Manhattan will significantly free up labor resources. A few hours of a long since scheduled marathon that generates millions of dollars, but cuts off local trafiic in intervals, is a sound economic decision.

Do you live in NYC?

I have a friend that lives on Long Island.

Tried calling him but all I get is a msg saying his voice mail is full.

I hope he's alright. Things were tough for him even before the storm hit.

Common sense and critical thinking tell me that the restoration of power to lower Manhattan will significantly free up labor resources. A few hours of a long since scheduled marathon that generates millions of dollars, but cuts off local trafiic in intervals, is a sound economic decision.

Do you live in NYC?

Hope your friend is alright, I am sure you will be able to get through soon.

Bloomberg is already diverting resources.

NYC Mayor Bloomberg: Marathon won’t divert resources from Sandy’s victims - The Washington Post

Bloomberg had already started diverting resources when he said that no resources would be diverted.

Exactly Kats, I saw on the news this morning that people are really pissed to see 2 huge generators sitting for a marathon that many want to postpone.
What does he get brownie point for making money during this time?
Seeing those generators sitting there makes me mad.

Do you live in NYC?

Power outages are wide spread there. It's going to be that way a while.

NYC Mayor Bloomberg: Marathon won’t divert resources from Sandy’s victims - The Washington Post

Bloomberg had already started diverting resources when he said that no resources would be diverted.

Exactly Kats, I saw on the news this morning that people are really pissed to see 2 huge generators sitting for a marathon that many want to postpone.

Bloomberg exists in his own personal alternate reality. He just doesn't get it. For a Statist Fascist, who supports soda bans, Obama, disputed Scientific claims over rule of law and due process, he is not all that bad..... He is an Elitist Prick, with zero tolerance for outside perspective. His way or the highway. Enjoy your Marathon, Putz.

Cut him a break. The generators are private, after all. It's not like there was any need for them elsewhere.......;) Ding-ding-ding-dong

By ASHLEY JENNINGS (@ashleyjjennings)
Oct. 31, 2012

New York City's Bellevue Hospital Center was evacuating hundreds of patients to other hospitals, according to city officials, making it the latest hospital in the city forced to transfer patients after damage from Superstorm Sandy.

The evacuations from Bellevue -- perhaps the best known of the 11 hospitals that make up New York City's public hospital system -- followed other transfers from NYU Langone Medical Center on Monday and Coney Island Hospital on Tuesday.

When Sandy hit the New York area Monday night, Bellevue, located on 1st Avenue and 27th Street in flood-stricken Lower Manhattan, almost lost its generators. At least one got repaired just in time to stave off an evacuation, but it's been difficult to keep the hospital going.

Photos: Assessing Sandy's Destruction

Bellevue, its staff and its remaining patients have been struggling along in the aftermath of Sandy with failing power, partially lighted halls and no computers, making it difficult to locate patients within the facility, hospital staff told ABC News today. Staff members spoke of long walks up and down dark stairwells and hallways to treat patients.

"It's Katrina-esque in there," one nurse told ABC News.

Similar conditions existed at Metropolitan Hospital, another city facility that was running on backup generator power. That hospital is located on 1st Avenue and East 97th Street in Manhattan.

New York City's Bellevue Hospital Forced to Evacuate Patients After Sandy - ABC News

Oh My!!! Good call, that Marathon is really going to help with the recovery. ;)

You think those two generators, even if they could be safely transported and set up to work in the building, is enough to not cause evacuation?

:lmao:

Those hospitals were suppose to check their generator situation PRIOR tot he storm. So if they failed, it's on the hospital. The race will generate MILLIONS in charity work for a 8 hour event. Quit fucking whining, people.

So many trying to score a political point over this.

For the record, Bloomberg is a cocksucker. But this is not where it needs to be pointed out.

Yep, no FEMA, no Red Cross. People are dead and dying. Where's the help? Sound familiar.

Well, conservatives never hesitate to remind us that we don't need FEMA,

and,

that private charity can handle everything.

Looks like the people on Staten Island think you're full of shit on both counts.

Or is it more likely that you northern liberals are so used to the idea of the govt meeting your needs, you've forgotten that trait that USED to be common among Americans, self reliance?.

tornado alley?

tell that to those Bible Belt morons and those Gulf Coast imbeciles.

now fuck off with the tough guy routine loser.

:eusa_whistle:

Storm of the century and mister Goofball reveals he hates America

Cuomo is looking good, sort of governs like a Republican, in some ways. Looking to solve problems, more than obstruct. That's how it looks to me, anyway. Maybe he is trying to compensate and atone for his sins during his HUD Years. :)

You think those two generators, even if they could be safely transported and set up to work in the building, is enough to not cause evacuation?

:lmao:

Those hospitals were suppose to check their generator situation PRIOR tot he storm. So if they failed, it's on the hospital. The race will generate MILLIONS in charity work for a 8 hour event. Quit fucking whining, people.

So many trying to score a political point over this.

For the record, Bloomberg is a cocksucker. But this is not where it needs to be pointed out.

Those size generators, yes.

The Right Wing has been ripped into such a frenzy over Ben Ghazzi and Staten Island, it's as if the rest of reality is all illusion.

Natural disasters and terrorist attacks on America is the new Right Wing focus point

Bloomberg exists in his own personal alternate reality. He just doesn't get it. For a Statist Fascist, who supports soda bans, Obama, disputed Scientific claims over rule of law and due process, he is not all that bad..... He is an Elitist Prick, with zero tolerance for outside perspective. His way or the highway. Enjoy your Marathon, Putz.

I have a feeling that the people of New York are going to stand up and postpone the marathon.
Yeah he wants normalcy, but so many are still living the nightmare.

I have a feeling that the people of New York are going to stand up and postpone the marathon.
Yeah he wants normalcy, but so many are still living the nightmare.

The people of Staten Island might beg please don't leave us. But they have already been left.

Staten Island residents plead for help from Mayor Bloomberg after storm - NY Daily News

Bloomy's marathon starts in Staten Island. He will have a nice Potemkin Village all ready for the media to show how good it is in Staten Island. See the recovery, how fast, miraculous really. Democrats can really get things done fast.

Forum List

Back