Staten Island is mad

Yep, no FEMA, no Red Cross. People are dead and dying. Where's the help? Sound familiar.

The media isn't focusing on those in need because it might make Obama look bad. Instead they are gushing over how presidential he looked when he toured through the area and hugged a few people. They say things are already getting better for the people there.

They still haven't finished the search and rescue part of this and it all takes time and lots of manpower. Shame that Obama and Christie had to go there and cause local officials to redirect the law enforcement to taking care of their security instead of pressing on with far more urgent matters, like those people still trapped in their homes.

Shame that Obama and Christie had to go there and cause local officials to redirect the law enforcement to taking care of their security
Is that true?

I know I saw Romney hand out a a few groceries to a place where he was going to campaign anyway in Ohio, just to be seen on TV. and then he was off and running and could give a shit

The event was planned before the storm asshole.

They turned the event into a donation center and folks who were there to see a speech, instead volenteered their time and effort to the relief help.

YOU FAIL.

They turned the event into a photo-op for Romney. The Romney campaign bought canned food and handed the cans to people who didn't bring their own so that Romney could be seen accepting the food from them. They even started the event with a Romney campaign video -- the same one used to introduce him at the RNC. Now you want to tell me this wasn't a campaign event?

No worries. I saw Obama campaigning in Wisconsin saying that our prayers are with them.

I know I saw Romney hand out a a few groceries to a place where he was going to campaign anyway in Ohio, just to be seen on TV. and then he was off and running and could give a shit

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Romney just assumed the job and started telling people what to do in FEMA?

Even better, Romney could round up trucks of biggie sized sodas to give those people something to drink just to tempt Mayor Bloomberg into arresting him.

Yes, it would be really hilarious to watch FEMA tell Romney to go pound sand.

Yep, no FEMA, no Red Cross. People are dead and dying. Where's the help? Sound familiar.

When it was Katrina everything was Bush's fault.
Even though people were told to evacuate it was still Bush's fault.

Today on morning Joe on MSNBC, John Heilemann responding to people on Staten Island getting angry about the lack of assistance had this to say.I'm paraphrasing here.

Well the only way this is going to work is for the people to work with government.
I feel for these people but they were told to evacuate.

With Katrina those told to evacuate and did not everything was Bush's fault.
With Sandy those told to evacuate and didn't it's their fault.

Can any one here say the word hypocrisy with me in regard to the Liberal media. :mad:

Yeah....I saw that video clip of that woman last night.....they ended the piece with....

"AND A FEW HOURS LATER, THE NATIONAL GUARD ARRIVED."

But do blather on.

ladysludgeslinger is a braindead delusional hack.

not much else to be expected from "her".

Coming from the self hating Princess, that means ZIP.. Stow it big mouth. No one but you kool-aid slurping Barry freaks buys any of the crap you squat and shit all over the forum.

Is bath time in the residence over?
I see that they've let you have some time at the computer.
You get such wonderful care there.

Dress up warmly tomorrow, they say that it might be a little cloudy.

Shhhhhhhhhhh.......remember who's president........:cool:

The media isn't focusing on those in need because it might make Obama look bad. Instead they are gushing over how presidential he looked when he toured through the area and hugged a few people. They say things are already getting better for the people there.

They still haven't finished the search and rescue part of this and it all takes time and lots of manpower. Shame that Obama and Christie had to go there and cause local officials to redirect the law enforcement to taking care of their security instead of pressing on with far more urgent matters, like those people still trapped in their homes.

What is sad and sick is watching people attempt to score cheap political points against the President using tragedy and loos of life as a pretext.

What is insane is the comparisons with Katrina. I remember watching FOX (I watched cable back then) and Sheppard had to scold the FOX Friends when he was reporting tragedy and the Network lunatics were making believe reality was different than it was.

Even Major had issues with his team at FOX

Sickening isn't it? I suppose that is the price you pay for conditioning people to look to the President for all your needs and wants. Trust me, people think the world will either end or be saved this next election cycle and the only vote that matters is for who is Prez.

I didn't start the thread to score political points. The point was government response to things of this magnitude are never fast enough or a big enough scale. People suffer and get frustrated with the government. Liberals had their shot at political point scoring with Katrina, now they cry foul some conservatives are using this event. Both are wrong.

The press seems to be down playing the looting at this point.

I didn't start the thread to score political points. The point was government response to things of this magnitude are never fast enough or a big enough scale. People suffer and get frustrated with the government. Liberals had their shot at political point scoring with Katrina, now they cry foul some conservatives are using this event. Both are wrong.

The press seems to be down playing the looting at this point.

Yes, they laid the foundation for this with Katrina and blaming Bush for everything that happened. Now when the shoe is on the other foot, they cry foul. One wonders when everyone will just start demonizing the hypocrisy and seeing it for what it is. You can only cry wolf for so long, and it's wearing out its welcome with the normal, average citizen.

3 days and its not even cold.

They ought to have tried living in downtown Boston after the Blizzard of 78.

Try a week without power in a town where most apartments are heated with electicity.

New York hasn't seen anything, yet.

the discussion has to start being about climate change...what we have to do in response to it and what precautions need to be taken against it IN ADVANCE of what seems to be more and more intense weather.

i heard that it will take 5 billion dollars a barrier to protect nyc's undergrouond infrastructure from surges like this in the future. that would be about 20 billion dollars. given that ny has suffered about 60 billion in damage, it seems like an appropriate investment.

And where is that (highly under-cut) 20 billion (plus another 20 for budgeting incompetence, unforseen issues, etc...) coming from? NY has a 2 billion dollar budget gap, and is already stroking Obama to get federal aid money.

The answer for a LOLberal is "it doesn't matter". Borrow it, print it, take it from the rich.
Or maybe Obama has been paying down the debt like FDR.... :lmao:

Such a fuckign dumby you are, jillian.

Shhhhhhhhhhh.......remember who's president........:cool:

What is sad and sick is watching people attempt to score cheap political points against the President using tragedy and loos of life as a pretext.

What is insane is the comparisons with Katrina. I remember watching FOX (I watched cable back then) and Sheppard had to scold the FOX Friends when he was reporting tragedy and the Network lunatics were making believe reality was different than it was.

Even Major had issues with his team at FOX
yet, here you were, taking cheap political shots at Bush during the crisis.

BTW....At least Bush had the common decency to stay OUT of New Orleans during the crisis. Not Obama. He needed to ensure that valuable resources were diverted to protecting his skank ass.

Last edited:
Remember all of this when Michigan asks for a barrier against the glaciers. Idiots.

obama's photo op sucking up resources for a short while will be NOTHING compared to Bloomy's use of resources to cover the marathon. We might see riots in Staten Island and Long Island before that day is done.

obama's photo op sucking up resources for a short while will be NOTHING compared to Bloomy's use of resources to cover the marathon. We might see riots in Staten Island and Long Island before that day is done.
Very true. Those generators could be put to good use anywhere but at a marathon.

NYC Mayor Bloomberg: Marathon won’t divert resources from Sandy’s victims - The Washington Post

Seriously, sometimes it is best to just remain silent and leave people wondering if you're a moron, instead of opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

And sometimes people will believe anything they are told.

Common sense and a tiny bit of critical thinking will result in KNOWING that those generators could be put to good use in recovery operations.

Common sense and critical thinking tell me that the restoration of power to lower Manhattan will significantly free up labor resources. A few hours of a long since scheduled marathon that generates millions of dollars, but cuts off local trafiic in intervals, is a sound economic decision.

Do you live in NYC?

Ohhh Bloomy SAID so! Well, that makes it cast in concrete doesn't it?

It's almost as believable as obama saying that military transport planes carrying aid were already IN THE AIR yesterday.

I don't have to believe Bloomberg. I live here and can get my scoop from NYPD personel directly if i so choose.

If you want to bitch about something, lets bitch about the amount of OT WE NYC taxpayers will pay to have additional police all over the boroughs to "protect" and "serve".

Forum List

Back