State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Religious nutters, freedom of religion has NOTHING to do with discriminating against people. The line is drawn. Your religious views can NOT conflict with our secular laws or violate another person's CIVIL rights. You nutters could say slavery is a part of your religious beliefs, or child molestation ( which obviously IS a belief in some religions anyways). Us SANE people say no way. You are free to practice your nutty beliefs, but you are not free to force them upon others through your business dealings or anywhere else.
So the gays can force their dealings on people, but it cant be the other way around? Hell, really, it isn't the other waqy around. They just don't want to sell their product to someone. If a black refused to make me a cake because I was white, I would laugh and go next door. Why in the fuck cant anyone else do that instead of supporting state sponsored mental conformity?
Also, I really don't think its "nutty" to be disgusted with gays.. Im not, but I understand if someone else is. People cant all be the same. Its not possible. And fascist legislation like this only divides further, puts one group of people over another and ruins lives for having a personal opinion. Its crazy!

Gays are not forcing anyone to do anything. If you feel you cannot serve gays (I use the term "you" generally, not YOU in particular :)), and cannot follow your state's anti-discrimination SECULAR laws which are based on equality in business dealings, then you do not have to go into business.

People can feel disgusted or any other way they happen to feel, but that does not give them any right to single out any particular group of tax-paying American citizens who contribute to our economy. It is bad and STUPID business for any state to adopt. That is why it is illegal in our country. We are not Iran and our laws do not support any particular theology, thankfully.

Instead of feeling "slighted" it is important to look at the bigger picture and why it is important to keep religious beliefs out of government and business. You are still free to practice any religion of your choosing and perform your religious customs/ceremonies/whatever.
Good morning BTW :)
Yes, that is EXACTLY what gays are doing. They are FORCING people to go against their will.
Equality in business dealings? How is it equal when you don't have free will?
If I had a car for sale and one of my enemies came to look at it, I wouldn't sell it to him. Should that be illegal? It is the SAME premise.
No, we are not Iran. Thank gawd :)
It isn't necessarily all about religion. Like I said, some people just find it disgusting and don't want to support something they don't like. Again, it is called free will and personal liberty.

So the gays can force their dealings on people, but it cant be the other way around? !

GLBTs can force heterosexual Christians to comply. Pro-abortionists who demand the right to be able to kill babies at any stage of pregnancy can force you to pay for it by seizing and using your tax dollars. Obama arms Mexican Drug Cartels and Islamic terrorists the same way, against your will. We can't be discriminating against anyone, no matter how immoral, unethical, or despicable they may be.

There's room under the Liberal 'Tent' for everyone - GLBTs, Mexican Drug Cartels, Al Qaeida, HAMAS, Syrian 'rebels', Illegal alien felons, Black Lives Matter, New Black Panthers, etc... it's all good.

Once you apply for and sign a business permit, you are already agreeing to abide by that particular state's laws regarding business practice.
I will not argue that. lol
My only argument is its not right. I dont agree with mental conformity.
I do agree with free will and personal liberty.
Did I mention I was "pro-choice"? :rofl:

Religious nutters, freedom of religion has NOTHING to do with discriminating against people. The line is drawn. Your religious views can NOT conflict with our secular laws or violate another person's CIVIL rights. You nutters could say slavery is a part of your religious beliefs, or child molestation ( which obviously IS a belief in some religions anyways). Us SANE people say no way. You are free to practice your nutty beliefs, but you are not free to force them upon others through your business dealings or anywhere else.
So the gays can force their dealings on people, but it cant be the other way around? Hell, really, it isn't the other waqy around. They just don't want to sell their product to someone. If a black refused to make me a cake because I was white, I would laugh and go next door. Why in the fuck cant anyone else do that instead of supporting state sponsored mental conformity?
Also, I really don't think its "nutty" to be disgusted with gays.. Im not, but I understand if someone else is. People cant all be the same. Its not possible. And fascist legislation like this only divides further, puts one group of people over another and ruins lives for having a personal opinion. Its crazy!

Gays are not forcing anyone to do anything. If you feel you cannot serve gays (I use the term "you" generally, not YOU in particular :)), and cannot follow your state's anti-discrimination SECULAR laws which are based on equality in business dealings, then you do not have to go into business.

People can feel disgusted or any other way they happen to feel, but that does not give them any right to single out any particular group of tax-paying American citizens who contribute to our economy. It is bad and STUPID business for any state to adopt. That is why it is illegal in our country. We are not Iran and our laws do not support any particular theology, thankfully.

Instead of feeling "slighted" it is important to look at the bigger picture and why it is important to keep religious beliefs out of government and business. You are still free to practice any religion of your choosing and perform your religious customs/ceremonies/whatever.
Yes, that is EXACTLY what gays are doing. They are FORCING people to go against their will.
If I had a car for sale and one of my enemies came to look at it, I wouldn't sell it to him. Should that be illegal? It is the SAME premise.
It isn't necessarily all about religion. Like I said, some people just find it disgusting and don't want to support something they don't like. Again, it is called free will and personal liberty.

Thanks. GM to you! :)

It is not the same at all. You are not singling out an entire group of tax-paying American citizen, rather your example is due to a personal issue. Now, if you caught a person shoplifting from your store or a person came into your business and behaved in an unruly manner, that is your prerogative to "ban" such a person from your place of business, but you cannot say, "I will not serve THESE particular Americans because it goes against my religious beliefs." This is just not going to fly. For one thing, discrimination is not a recognized religious custom or practice.

People can be disgusted at whatever they want. I find some very fat people to be disgusting. Should I be able to refuse to serve fat people? You have to realize the trouble this would cause. The state wants a smooth operation of business and flow of people doing business. THAT is in the best interest of everyone and the state's own bottom line.

How come the homo mafia hasn't targeted a Muslim business?
Wait...you think this couple "targetted" that bakery? I see that you are not familiar with what happened.
I know the details very well. The business owners were deliberately targeted.
False...so you really know nothing about this case. Color me surprised.
False. I've followed this story and the pizza shop and the florist from day one of each event. All targeted and orchestrated by the homo mafia. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that there is no such thing as the homo mafia, huh.

Also called the GAYstapo.
Yes...scary.

It is not the same at all. You are not singling out an entire group of tax-paying American citizen, rather your example is due to a personal issue. Now, if you caught a person shoplifting from your store or a person came into your business and behaved in an unruly manner, that is your prerogative to "ban" such a person from your place of business, but you cannot say, "I will not serve THESE particular Americans because it goes against my religious beliefs." This is just not going to fly. For one thing, discrimination is not a recognized religious custom or practice.

People can be disgusted at whatever they want. I find some very fat people to be disgusting. Should I be able to refuse to serve fat people? You have to realize the trouble this would cause. The state wants a smooth operation of business and flow of people doing business. THAT is in the best interest of everyone and the state's own bottom line.

The whole premise of PA laws was to fight systemic discrimination that had definable economic impacts on those discriminated against. It wasn't to protect the feelings of people. In the current state of society one baker not wanting to bake a cake for a gay wedding is not systemic, and is not economic harm.

People should only be forced to do things against their will when there is a compelling government interest.

Once you apply for and sign a business permit, you are already agreeing to abide by that particular state's laws regarding business practice.

I am pro free will and liberty too. Nobody forces you to open a public accommodation business. :) No one is telling how to conduct your personal life or how to feel, but yes, there are going to be rules and regulations whenever you open a business.

This is the same argument that was used against anti-discrimination laws against black people way back when, such as interracial marriages, and serving black people at certain businesses. The only difference? The discrimination now against our gay citizens is based upon personal sexual habits rather than skin color. It failed then and fails now.

YES, it is. You don't think people not liking gays is personal? lol
You SHOULD be able to. No one should be forced to do ANYTHING as long as it doesn't trample on someone elses right. No one has a right to get a cake at a bakery. They have a RIGHT to ask for one. And frankly, just because our bloated, oversized govt says you have a right, you don't. Look at trhe definitions of liberty, free will etc. If you leave out emotion, you will get what im saying.

You SHOULD be able to. No one should be forced to do ANYTHING as long as it doesn't trample on someone elses right. No one has a right to get a cake at a bakery. They have a RIGHT to ask for one. And frankly, just because our bloated, oversized govt says you have a right, you don't. Look at trhe definitions of liberty, free will etc. If you leave out emotion, you will get what im saying.

It has been determined that refusing service to certain groups of Americans based upon personal discriminatory beliefs is harmful, not only to that individual but also to the economy of the state. Otherwise, such laws wouldn't exist. Sorry, but you can't turn back the hands of time. It has been determined that personal religious beliefs do not trump the rights of others. You are still able to discriminate against whomever you wish in your personal life. You are still able to choose any religious belief to follow and practice it openly and without fear of government reprisal. It's another story when you wish to conduct a business in this manner because it effects others believe it or not.

I am pro free will and liberty too. Nobody forces you to open a public accommodation business. :) No one is telling how to conduct your personal life or how to feel, but yes, there are going to be rules and regulations whenever you open a business.

This is the same argument that was used against anti-discrimination laws against black people way back when, such as interracial marriages, and serving black people at certain businesses. The only difference? The discrimination now against our gay citizens is based upon personal sexual habits rather than skin color. It failed then and fails now.
I agree with the top. Im not saying these people didn't break the law, I am saying it shouldn't be a law in the first place. In fact, if you gave me a couple hours I could probably gather some good information to explain how it is also unconstitutional. Because, frankly, there is no possible way that it is.
People should be able to refuse service to anyone they feel they don't want to sell their product to. People have a right to feel uncomfortable, a right to personal opinion, a right to the company they OWN and a right to be an asshole.

If we allow people to behave in this manner when conducting business, where does it end? Nope, we still have laws regarding business practice, and the states are perfectly within their rights to make reasonable laws and regulations regarding business practice. We are all considered equal and the same in the eyes of the law, regardless of your personal religious beliefs. :dunno: That's how it should be.

It has been determined that refusing service to certain groups of Americans based upon personal discriminatory beliefs is harmful, not only to that individual but also to the economy of the state. Otherwise, such laws wouldn't exist. Sorry, but you can't turn back the hands of time. It has been determined that personal religious beliefs do not trump the rights of others. You are still able to discriminate against whomever you wish in your personal life. You are still able to choose any religious belief to follow and practice it openly and without fear of government reprisal. It's another story when you wish to conduct a business in this manner because it effects others believe it or not.
It isn't only about religion. I have a buddy that is agnostic like me and he doesn't support gays. If he owned a bakery, he would kick them out. How would it effect the economy? The people wouldn't go somewhere else? They would just give up on a cake because of some asshole?

Nope...they didn't mind serving gay people...it was about gay people getting married...legally, not even religiously...and a cake that goes to a reception...not even part of any marriage ceremony. In other words, Cafeteria Christianity...picking and choosing what kind of religious tenets they want to pretend to follow.

I can't speak to whatever hypocricy they practice in their religion. I don't follow religion; i follow morality.

I agree with the top. Im not saying these people didn't break the law, I am saying it shouldn't be a law in the first place. In fact, if you gave me a couple hours I could probably gather some good information to explain how it is also unconstitutional. Because, frankly, there is no possible way that it is.
People should be able to refuse service to anyone they feel they don't want to sell their product to. People have a right to feel uncomfortable, a right to personal opinion, a right to the company they OWN and a right to be an asshole.

The only thing this would accomplish is to make SOME people feel satisfied and cause a cluster fuck in business matters for the states to deal with.

Sorry but we are well past the No ******* Food and Gas now. Tried that, it failed. Move on...

Nope...they didn't mind serving gay people...it was about gay people getting married...legally, not even religiously...and a cake that goes to a reception...not even part of any marriage ceremony. In other words, Cafeteria Christianity...picking and choosing what kind of religious tenets they want to pretend to follow.

I can't speak to whatever hypocricy they practice in their religion. I don't follow religion; i follow morality.
No one who supports and defends the enslavement of others actually has morals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back