State Rep convicted of taking bribes, only receives probation

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
Yea, the rep. is a Democrat. I suspect the judge is too who did, by the way, reject the prosecution's call for jail time. The rep took $3K as a bribe and received 23 months probation. And, no, the rep has not yet resigned and there's no guarantee that they will.

Pa. state lawmaker sentenced in bribery case

Yea, the rep. is a Democrat. I suspect the judge is too who did, by the way, reject the prosecution's call for jail time. The rep took $3K as a bribe and received 23 months probation. And, no, the rep has not yet resigned and there's no guarantee that they will.

Sounds a lot like Texas AG Ken Paxton(R) who was indicted 3 years ago for fraud, but republican judges have managed to delay his trial. His grounds for delay right now is he thinks prosecutors wages are too high. Oddly, those judges don't seem to have a problem with prosecutors wages in all the other cases they present to the court.

How about a Potus who is beholden to Russia and Saudi Arabia??

• Banned

Sounds a lot like Texas AG Ken Paxton(R) who was indicted 3 years ago for fraud, but republican judges have managed to delay his trial. His grounds for delay right now is he thinks prosecutors wages are too high. Oddly, those judges don't seem to have a problem with prosecutors wages in all the other cases they present to the court.

Well, why didn't you say so earlier? This information changes everything! The Pennsylvania state representative that was convicted should, obviously, be exonerated on all charges. Thanks for clearing this up.

• Banned

You're right. Any and all crime committed by public officials must now be exonerated because Trump is "beholden to Russia and Saudi Arabia". Brilliant analysis. Thanks.

You're right. Any and all crime committed by public officials must now be exonerated because Trump is "beholden to Russia and Saudi Arabia". Brilliant analysis. Thanks.

No I think all crooks should be indicted by law, and no one is above the law, and that includes all the lobbyist that work in the WH. Price comes to mind, he is a free man isn't he.

Well, why didn't you say so earlier? This information changes everything! The Pennsylvania state representative that was convicted should, obviously, be exonerated on all charges. Thanks for clearing this up.

I never said that. Anyone from either party who commits a crime should pay the consequences. However, your thread claimed his political affiliation afforded him a light sentence. That certainly seems to be the case for the Texas AG.

• Banned

I never said that. Anyone from either party who commits a crime should pay the consequences. However, your thread claimed his political affiliation afforded him a light sentence. That certainly seems to be the case for the Texas AG.

Rather than condemning what the Pa. state rep did, you segued into something regarding some guy in Texas. You're a political hack.

• Banned

No I think all crooks should be indicted by law, and no one is above the law, and that includes all the lobbyist that work in the WH. Price comes to mind, he is a free man isn't he.

Well, this crook was beyond indicted, she was CONVICTED of accepting bribes, and will receive NO JAIL TIME. That is beyond absurd.

Well, this crook was beyond indicted, she was CONVICTED of accepting bribes, and will receive NO JAIL TIME. That is beyond absurd.

The new charge relates to how Brown filed two financial disclosure statements for 2011, Dauphin County District Attorney Fran Chardo said in an interview Friday. The first statement did not disclosure $5,005 worth of gifts, but the second one did, he said. Under Pennsylvania law, he said, public officials can be charged with making false claims by filing two separate reports because one of them must be fake.

Wow, what a great way to get other people to throw down the pom poms and get in the game if probation is the only thing that they are going to end up with for a punishment.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

New Topics

Forum List

Back