State Politics & The War On Drugs: USSC A Solution?

Should California's overproduction of pot for assumed-export be tolerated?

• No. We have federal eradication money going to Mexico to stem the tide at those borders too.

• Yes. Weed is inevitable. Other states will just have to live with California's influences.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Papaver Somniferum are completely legal to grow. They are one of the worlds most beautiful flowers. Where do you think Poppy Bread Seed comes from? Of course it's not legal to scar the seedpods and scrap off the resin and let it dry, and put it in your pipe and smoke it ...... LOL.

I think you can buy the seeds through wal-mart online too.

If enough people are doing it and want that legal in a given state to produce and sell to other states (via over production they can't possibly sell to just their citizens), then why not?

The Feds should be able to tax recreational drugs at a reasonable rate, like they tax alcohol, tobacco and coffee.

The war on American Citizens who use non-government approved recreational drugs has failed and is drawing us closer to a police state than ever before. It should end.

Yep, they hit legal smokes at about 300% of production costs, 400-500% of production costs for illegal marijuana sounds about right.

The Feds should be able to tax recreational drugs at a reasonable rate, like they tax alcohol, tobacco and coffee.

The war on American Citizens who use non-government approved recreational drugs has failed and is drawing us closer to a police state than ever before. It should end.

Would you include heroin as a recreational drug in that statement? Because it's quite popular with the kids these days. I should know. My son has lost a couple of old high school chums to overdose. And it can be relatively easy to produce in your own back yard. It fits all the same as pot. You can get lung cancer from smoking pot= death. You can die from impaired driving while high on pot = death. You can overdose from heroin = death. Both are popular. Both are recreationally used and have medical uses. Both come from simple plants easy to grow. Why one and not the other?

Today Trump spoke out about the opioid epidemic. Marijuana is a completely safe alternative to the legal opioids that kill thousands of people a year by overdose.
And opiods are a "completely safe" alternative to cigarettes. What's your point?

You just said it. You can eat it, you can drink it, you can take it in pill form, etc, perfectly safely. But you know what you can’t do on it? Overdose. If only the thousands that die every year had been using Marijuana instead of dangerous, organ destroying opioids.

Agreed. Opium use does result in more deaths (for now). And that's detrimental to society. We shun that. Equally detrimental is a person hazed daily on pot that they become a non-contributing layabout.

Look, I'll be frank with you. I used to be quite the pot head back in my day. It was in high school. I was a straight A student before and after that era (started smoking around age 12, quit around age 16). You can plot my grade decline straight along with the use of dope. It was a direct correlation. I started getting B-, then Cs regularly. Then when a couple of Ds showed up my parents became alarmed. It was the paranoia and general malaise I started to feel getting high that clinched quitting for me. That and a couple of older friends who I could see were going nowhere fast at a much more advanced stage of psychological dependence upon pot.

Recently I took a puff off a joint of the typical strong pot you see nowadays. Don't know what got into me. Peer pressure I guess or some stupid nostalgic whim. Anyway, I got really high and made the bad decision to drive home. It was a short distance; a mile or so. The whole time I was driving my mind kept wandering to things I saw on the side of the road or some random floating thoughts. I would jerk back and remind myself "you're high, pay attention to the dotted lines in the middle of the road". Then their pattern started looking interesting to me so I'd stop focusing on signs coming up. Then I jerked again and said to myself "whoa!! There's a stop sign, slow down, you're going too fast!" (I was). So I barely made the stop with my front tires going over the white line. I turned and kept saying to myself "hang in there, just a couple more driveways" *swerve swerve*.

I mean, it was a friggin' nightmare just to get home. And you want the giant commuting state of California to be cool with getting high? Wow. There will be a predictable decline in California's productivity. Her "grades" will start slipping. And, there will be deaths with legal weed in commuting California. Trust me. Just not the "not waking up" kind. They'll be more brutal for sure.

Today Trump spoke out about the opioid epidemic. Marijuana is a completely safe alternative to the legal opioids that kill thousands of people a year by overdose.
That's your opinion. Meanwhile the opinions of New York parents concerned about California importing all those pounds stands in stark contrast to your opinion. Mind-altering is mind-altering. Marijuana/heroin. PotAto/Potaato.

I've seen people trip hard (not in a good way) on pot; particularly the edible kind. Smoking is never good for you. So you're wrong about "marijuana being completely safe". It isn't.

The problem you're evading here is the legal precedent. If one Schedule I mind-altering substance can be "outlegislated" at the state level because it's popular and can be grown/produced easily, you can't pick and choose. One day Oklahoma will want to legalize opium poppy production for sale to outside states. What think you then?
Fine by me. Probably better than the status quo.

I've seen people trip hard (not in a good way) on pot; particularly the edible kind. Smoking is never good for you. So you're wrong about "marijuana being completely safe". It isn't.

Then they ate too much or it was altered. Most people do not trip on marijuana. Just did some edible the other night for pain and have been pain free over 48 hours. And I'm not a kid. Didn't trip either.

Smoke six or seven doobs all day long, you have a problem.
Knock back a case of beer or a quart of bourbon all day long, you have a problem.

Smoke a bowl or two after work, not a problem.
Have a beer or two after work, not a problem.

I've never seen anyone "trip" from pot. Maybe fall asleep.

I have.

He ate all my Fritos, called everyone, "DUUUUUUDE!" for 20 minutes, and fell asleep on the porch.

Then they ate too much or it was altered. Most people do not trip on marijuana. Just did some edible the other night for pain and have been pain free over 48 hours. And I'm not a kid. Didn't trip either.

Knock back a case of beer or a quart of bourbon all day long, you have a problem.

thats what happens when someone with no experience with the stuff comments....lots of "overdoses" are happening because of synthetic pot,something that should be made illegal right now,its dangerous stuff....
It's not pot...it is a science experiment gone awry that is called "pot". Plenty of it IS illegal.

So, build a wall around New York and make California pay for it. Maybe the feds should get off their high horse and legalize it already. They should also stop spending money abroad to prevent production.

And of opium poppies as well? If they're popular and people want to get high off them, why not?

Papaver Somniferum are completely legal to grow. They are one of the worlds most beautiful flowers. Where do you think Poppy Bread Seed comes from? Of course it's not legal to scar the seedpods and scrap off the resin and let it dry, and put it in your pipe and smoke it ...... LOL.

I think you can buy the seeds through wal-mart online too.
Amazon sells them.

thats what happens when someone with no experience with the stuff comments....lots of "overdoses" are happening because of synthetic pot,something that should be made illegal right now,its dangerous stuff....
It's not pot...it is a science experiment gone awry that is called "pot". Plenty of it IS illegal.
where i lived you could by it at liqueur and convenience stores...

That's your opinion. Meanwhile the opinions of New York parents concerned about California importing all those pounds stands in stark contrast to your opinion. Mind-altering is mind-altering. Marijuana/heroin. PotAto/Potaato.

The problem you're evading here is the legal precedent. If one Schedule I mind-altering substance can be "outlegislated" at the state level because it's popular and can be grown/produced easily, you can't pick and choose. One day Oklahoma will want to legalize opium poppy production for sale to outside states. What think you then?

And just how often do people actually DIE from smoking pot? Never. How often do people die from junk? Constantly. The drug problem is unsolvable because humans always have and always will intoxicate themselves. You can't rid the world of drugs any more than you can divide a number by zero.

And just how often do people actually DIE from smoking pot? Never. How often do people die from junk? Constantly. The drug problem is unsolvable because humans always have and always will intoxicate themselves. You can't rid the world of drugs any more than you can divide a number by zero.
So you're in favor of removing pot from Schedule I, but leaving heroin? And if heroin becomes more popular, then legalize it? I mean there are risks associated with the use of pot and of heroin. Alcohol kills more than heroin does. I'm confused...

We assume the feds have their reasons for Schedule I placement. California doesn't have the unilateral authority to remove pot from Schedule I and export it for sale to New York where it remains state and federally illegal.

Riiiiiight deeply inhaling a burning plant into your lungs, totally safe. o_O
Hey dipshit, you can eat it, drink it, or take it in pill form. Completely safe.

Or if you'd rather smoke it, at least it's not something that kills thousands a year by overdosing.

Riiiiiight deeply inhaling a burning plant into your lungs, totally safe. o_O
Hey dipshit, you can eat it, drink it, or take it in pill form. Completely safe.

Or if you'd rather smoke it, at least it's not something that kills thousands a year by overdosing.

Riiiiiiight a mind altering drug the fucks with your brain, totally safe. I'd mock you as stupid but its implied.

[
Riiiiiiight a mind altering drug the fucks with your brain, totally safe.

And you think opioids don't? Dipshit. Along with the caveat of thousands of overdose deaths every year.

Goal posts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> new location. You said it was completely safe, I called you a moron for saying so.
It is completely safe. I could eat a pot brownie every day for 60 years and my health wouldn't be affected.

Forum List

Back