State Politics & The War On Drugs: USSC A Solution?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Silhouette, Oct 26, 2017.

?

Should California's overproduction of pot for assumed-export be tolerated?

1. No. We have federal eradication money going to Mexico to stem the tide at those borders too.

2. Yes. Weed is inevitable. Other states will just have to live with California's influences.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Silhouette

Silhouette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,502
    Should New York sue California in the USSC for this?

Read here first: 10 busts in massive California-New York pot ring

If the State of New York could prove that California is over-producing pot, demonstrating an intent to export, it might have legal action against CA in the USSC. Pot is federally illegal for a reason. Just like heroin is. And as I recall they're both on the same schedule. Let's assume that say Oklahoma wanted to make heroin legal in order to boost their economy since "hey everyone is doing it anyway, legalization is inevitable" (same rationale in CA used to defy federal statutes). So would we be OK with Oklahoma overproducing heroin for presumed export to other states so their state could get rich on the blood and demise of children (and adults) in other states?

I'd think we'd have a problem with Oklahoma doing that. So California would have to canvass its population to demonstrate the need for internal consumption for pot vs the production within its borders. If the production far exceeds its own consumption, a legal assumption can be made that it intends to export; which is a violation of several severe federal statutes.

NY suing CA would force an end to CA's overweening influence on the rest of the nation. A thing she readily takes for granted and even celebrates. The CA debauchery lifestyle has bled over into assumption-by-force into other states via other USSC cases induced by clever legal posturing and appeals within the CA borders on up. So how about it? You want to stop massive drugs coming across the border with Mexico. Meanwhile the DEA sits idly while CA exports massive drugs across the nation to its collective demise.

Do other states have to be forced to assume or bear the impact of CA's values by virtue of her own (illegal) internal policies and statutes? By the way, the "legal weed" laws in CA were not even allowed to be on the ballot there because in order to get things on the ballot there, they can't be proposals that violate federal laws. There's another point of contention at the USSC level. The state legislators had a mandate to disallow those proposals on their ballot. So I think you can find defendants if forced to pick individuals to sue for CA illegal controlled substance/drug export program.

CA Constitution Article II, Section 8: Codes Display Text
    And Section 10:

I'd say on the whole, defiance of federal law would render a statute revokable without voters' permission in CA. Is this the United States of America? Or the unilateral Republik of Kalifornia? Sue them New York. Clip the wings of that social dragon for once.

And I don't want to hear any whining from Californians saying "but pot tax base is going to save our budget woes!" #1, other states are already flooding California's chances at that. Prices nationwide are plummeting where it will cost the same as a pack of smokes. BigTobacco is going to flood the market anyway, do their subtle advertising to children; and when they run out of marketing in the states where they can grow legally, guess what they're going to lobby Congress to relax federal statutes on? Yep, the kids in YOUR state. and #2. You don't balance a state's budget woes by the blood of children and #3. Setting this precedent for a simple herb one can grow in one's backyard, that is Schedule 1 narcotic, busts open the door for opium poppy cultivation which is already starting to take off and become normalized just like pot was in the 1960s. And if you don't think that's a train wreck coming hard, just take a look around your own community.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  2. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,230
    The Feds should be able to tax recreational drugs at a reasonable rate, like they tax alcohol, tobacco and coffee.

The war on American Citizens who use non-government approved recreational drugs has failed and is drawing us closer to a police state than ever before. It should end.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Adamantium Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,416
    By the way, the "legal weed" laws in CA were not even allowed to be on the ballot there because in order to get things on the ballot there, they can't be proposals that violate federal laws.
    you do realize that a few other states made pot legal before california right?.....

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Silhouette

Silhouette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,502
    Define "recreational drugs". As I understand it, they are drugs used by many people to get high or alter their state of mind, that people lobbied given states to "legalize" (while they remain Schedule I federally prohibited and controlled). Both pot and heroin therefore are "recreational drugs" because as we know, the use of opium or heroin proper now fits that definition.

This thread is more about the recreational use of heroin, using pot as a precedent. That and how irresponsible outlaw states can affect the entire nation. And yes, I realize California isn't the first state to "legalize" for recreational use. I zeroed in on it because of the recent bust coming from California that happened in New York; and New York's potential legal action against California to put this absurd legal dichotomy between federal and state laws to bed at the USSC level.

5. TheOldSchool

TheOldSchool Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    last stop for sanity before reaching the south
    Ratings:
    +36,733
    Today Trump spoke out about the opioid epidemic. Marijuana is a completely safe alternative to the legal opioids that kill thousands of people a year by overdose.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Silhouette

Silhouette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,502
    That's your opinion. Meanwhile the opinions of New York parents concerned about California importing all those pounds stands in stark contrast to your opinion. Mind-altering is mind-altering. Marijuana/heroin. PotAto/Potaato.

I've seen people trip hard (not in a good way) on pot; particularly the edible kind. Smoking is never good for you. So you're wrong about "marijuana being completely safe". It isn't.

The problem you're evading here is the legal precedent. If one Schedule I mind-altering substance can be "outlegislated" at the state level because it's popular and can be grown/produced easily, you can't pick and choose. One day Oklahoma will want to legalize opium poppy production for sale to outside states. What think you then?

7. TheOldSchool

TheOldSchool Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    last stop for sanity before reaching the south
    Ratings:
    +36,733
    You just said it. You can eat it, you can drink it, you can take it in pill form, etc, perfectly safely. But you know what you can’t do on it? Overdose. If only the thousands that die every year had been using Marijuana instead of dangerous, organ destroying opioids.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. debbiedowner

debbiedowner Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,488
    I've seen people trip hard (not in a good way) on pot; particularly the edible kind. Smoking is never good for you. So you're wrong about "marijuana being completely safe". It isn't.

Then they ate too much or it was altered. Most people do not trip on marijuana. Just did some edible the other night for pain and have been pain free over 48 hours. And I'm not a kid. Didn't trip either.

9. Billy_Kinetta

Billy_Kinetta Paladin of the Lost Hour Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,725
    Smoke six or seven doobs all day long, you have a problem.
    Knock back a case of beer or a quart of bourbon all day long, you have a problem.

Smoke a bowl or two after work, not a problem.
    Have a beer or two after work, not a problem.

I've never seen anyone "trip" from pot. Maybe fall asleep.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Adamantium Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,416
    thats what happens when someone with no experience with the stuff comments....lots of "overdoses" are happening because of synthetic pot,something that should be made illegal right now,its dangerous stuff....