State of the Union

Lookout

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2007
I tried to watch the whole thing but couldn't fight the overwhelming urge to vomit. How does that man speak and his tongue not catch fire? Talk about brain washing the American public and SPIN!!! And now he is not content opening up the trade routes to Peru and letting the cocaine in, he is going to open up the trade routes to Columbia and south america. Guess he wants to bring in the Pot, Hash and more Heroin. Here comes the 70's and 80's all over again.

I kept hearing him use the word “trust”. We are to trust people (his people). If he wants people to trust him, then he needs to be more transparent. This is one of the biggest criticisms I have of his administration. I don’t think that even Clinton was more secretive. The Bush establishment even wanted to keep the White House Guest Book put of public view.

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/13953.html

…Dick Cheney insisted that his visitor logs remain classified, the WaPo sued the administration for access. A federal judge eventually ruled that the logs were public information, prompting Cheney to direct the Justice Department to block the decision on national security grounds.

My distrust for the Bush administration started long ago during the Cheney Energy Task Force activities:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Task_Force

Most of the activities of the Energy Task Force had not been disclosed to the public, even though Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests (since 19 April 2001) have sought to gain access to its materials.

Of course we have all probably heard of the NSA warrantless surveillance controversy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSA_warrantless_surveillance_controversy

Bush may have a few good qualities but they don’t make up for the secretive nature of him and his administration. Trust – I don’t think so. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

History repeats itself and another man who did not know how to manage government throws out words and slogans in hope history forgets. Nixon/Ford, Reagan/Bush, and now Bush junior all left large messes, enormous debts, and faltering economies. And yet money and power love them as Fox faux news preaches daily. Today we have a mechanic and a dreamer, Hillary and Barack hoping to set right the mistakes of those who only cater to the rich. History repeats itself. Reagan was a dreamer too and succeeded for a while till he spent us into bankruptcy, but maybe Obama will be able to create a dream that includes more than just the rich and powerful. Or maybe we need another mechanic, someone like Hilliary to work on the mess those cannot govern create too often. Looks like Hillary or Barack v Romney. hmm...

Midcan:

I don't see how anyone who is liberal can support a corrupt political family like the Clintons, or for that matter support putting into office a member of one of two families that have already been in the White House for a straight 20 years.

Midcan:

I don't see how anyone who is liberal can support a corrupt political family like the Clintons, or for that matter support putting into office a member of one of two families that have already been in the White House for a straight 20 years.

Concur, but the Repubs aren't looking any better, Ron Paul excluded. Romney is utterly corrupt, and besides looks too much like a Ken Doll for my personal liking. If he gets any more plastic, I'm afraid he'll melt in all the spotlights.

I'm just excited that it was his last SOTU. And it seemed like there wasn't very much applause for much of anything he said.

I just read today that there were over 70 interruptions for applause, which is apparently quite a bit.

I thought the whole thing was a waste of time.

The sitting and standing certainly is. I remember thinking, "just get on with the damn state of the state address" when blunt jr gave his a couple weeks ago.

The sitting and standing certainly is. I remember thinking, "just get on with the damn state of the state address" when blunt jr gave his a couple weeks ago.

The only thing worse than the SOTU was Gov. Sebelius extremely boring response. I heard her talk at a reception in Topeka a couple weeks ago, and she was so damn boring I could hardly take it.

I believe that is what the games on your cell phone are for.

Sometimes cell Blackjack and poker are lifesavers.

Steerpike wrote:
I don't see how anyone who is liberal can support a corrupt political family like the Clintons

256wyvt.jpg

Looked like a retard convention LIVE from a Catholic church..........:rolleyes: :eusa_whistle:

The onlything missing from it when they all stood to applaud, was to put out their outstretched arm and yell "Zig Hiel"! Is it just me or did it look like an old Nazi war film with Hitler giving a speach to the masses?

Hey, I have another question...If the "Terrorists" You know, the ones whose boss lives in a cave, If they are so damn good at what they do and are responsible for 911, Why couldn't they wait for the state of the union address? Seems to me, if "THEY" really wanted to hurt the United States, they could have taken out the whole slew of top Government officials at the SOTU. All that was needed was an air jet liner dropping 7000 feet at 500 mph. doing a 270 degree turn and then fly 4 feet off the ground for a block or two!!!LOLOL:rolleyes: :cuckoo: Has anyone else also figured out that "IF" a commercial airliner was capable of doing that maneuver, "WHICH IT IS NOT!!!" That the light poles that "Suposedly" got hit by the wings, would not just lay down in the middle of the street!!!. They would have ended up on the other side of the Pentagon!!! If you were to hit a light pole with ANYTHING going 500 mph. they would fly so far, you would be lucky to even find them.

Hey, I have another question...If the "Terrorists" You know, the ones whose boss lives in a cave, If they are so damn good at what they do and are responsible for 911, Why couldn't they wait for the state of the union address? Seems to me, if "THEY" really wanted to hurt the United States, they could have taken out the whole slew of top Government officials at the SOTU. All that was needed was an air jet liner dropping 7000 feet at 500 mph. doing a 270 degree turn and then fly 4 feet off the ground for a block or two!!!LOLOL:rolleyes: :cuckoo:

HURTthe United States you say.......................with all that accomplishment it would've been like doing A COLON CLEANZ..................:eusa_whistle:

Agree with Mattskramer. Esp. the secret Cheney energy meeting. That one set the secrecy tone for the past seven years and the "it's none of your damned business what we do" tone.
As for the SOTU, I was amazed that so many did stand and applaud. Well, at least on the lesser membership side of the aisle they did. Perhaps they were appealing to the folks back home for their support in an election year? "Look how I can pander to the neo-con" type of thing?
As for the content of the speech and for the performance, WOW!
That old boy sure showed how tough he has become. I looked at poor Dick sitting there looking as bored as could be. Seems George took his balls for the night.
"You send me a package I don't like and I'll veto it!"
Oooooo, I'll bet that scared them, huh?
When the camera panned the faces on the higher membership side, what looks of absolute, "Wanna bet you'll get that measure passed, boy king?"
And fear. Let us not forget to play the fear card amidst the lies. "We stopped an attempt on LA." (That would be the Libery Bldg. Didn't happen, by the way.) And another foiled attempt he mentioned that never happened. And do not let me fail to mention Iran and nucular devices four or five times.
Yep, alive and well and pandering to fear.
He put on such a show trying to tell everyone that he is so still relevant. Ain't so, George. You're not.
Damn, I for one am glad, too, it was his last SOTU.
Oh, and Nibor, your scenario of wiping out a joint session has been done, at least figuratively by Tom Clancy in one of his books. Sorry. Good idea already done.

Trust is not a word the bushies respect.

I kept hearing him use the word “trust”. We are to trust people (his people). If he wants people to trust him, then he needs to be more transparent. This is one of the biggest criticisms I have of his administration. I don’t think that even Clinton was more secretive. The Bush establishment even wanted to keep the White House Guest Book put of public view.

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/13953.html

…Dick Cheney insisted that his visitor logs remain classified, the WaPo sued the administration for access. A federal judge eventually ruled that the logs were public information, prompting Cheney to direct the Justice Department to block the decision on national security grounds.

My distrust for the Bush administration started long ago during the Cheney Energy Task Force activities:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Task_Force

Most of the activities of the Energy Task Force had not been disclosed to the public, even though Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests (since 19 April 2001) have sought to gain access to its materials.

Of course we have all probably heard of the NSA warrantless surveillance controversy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSA_warrantless_surveillance_controversy

Bush may have a few good qualities but they don’t make up for the secretive nature of him and his administration. Trust – I don’t think so. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

They would rather that we simply believe with quiet discontent than to ever expect that we might demonstrate mistrust.

Oh, and Nibor, your scenario of wiping out a joint session has been done, at least figuratively by Tom Clancy in one of his books. Sorry. Good idea already done.

Um yeah my metaphor of a scenario of ridulousness, which was displayed..........................and more than probably displayed as a time fill in to actual answers that should've been displayed but haven't been...........by anyone in this gubment in recent memory and beyond...........was more an exercise in frustration than a suggestion.:rolleyes:

As a liberal, first of all, all politicians are corrupt. You have to be to get to the national level. It's just a matter of who is willing to do the investigations to get to the bottom of what form their corruption takes.
Second, I'm really tired of people referring to Hilary and Bill as if they are the same person. I really like Bill and I can't stand Hilary anymore. Trust me, just because two people are married does not mean that they agree on everything or that they have the same values or would do the same things in the same job.

The right will continue to use "Billary" and any other means to attack them. It's all words and no content. Slime works.

Forum List

Back