State of the Union

Obama's first State of the Union Address is coming up fast.

The address not only reports on the condition of the nation but also allows the president to outline his legislative agenda and national priorities to Congress.

What will he have to say?

So far I've heard about how he will reconnect with the people, which tells me he knows he is failing. I wonder how he will spin this first year.

I was listening to Howie Carr ( conservative radio talk-show host on WRKO in Boston ) for a few minutes this afternoon. He had a great idea for a drinking game that can be played during Obama's State of the Union address tomorrow night. He had a list of words or phrases that he suspects Obama will say during his speech. Each time Barack says one of these words or phrases, those playing along at home, take a drink! What a way to make a painfully boring speech, more fun!

Here are a few.

If Barack says the following, take a drink ...

inherited
the past eight years / previous 8 years
make no mistake
when he refers to any number in regards to jobs created or jobs saved
if he refers to himself in the third person ( which he's started doing )

Please ... feel free to add to the list. I couldn't listen to the entire show, but that's what I got from the few minutes I did listen.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

YOu bet. He'll only have to say three words. "It's Bush's Fault." Then he can shut up and we can all go to bed. After all. Even the telepromter deserves a night off from one of his speechfests.

I would think he's smarter than that. to blame Bush in front of a national audience after his disaster last year will all but sink his boat. and the remotes will start clickin

But he'll do it, he has to, he just can't help himself.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

YOu bet. He'll only have to say three words. "It's Bush's Fault." Then he can shut up and we can all go to bed. After all. Even the telepromter deserves a night off from one of his speechfests.

I would think he's smarter than that. to blame Bush in front of a national audience after his disaster last year will all but sink his boat. and the remotes will start clickin

OH IM sitting here tonight praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaying he says, "we inherited..........."

Please...........please do say that Mr President!!!!!:clap2:

He will express regret for not being able to clean up the last eight years of failed policies all in his first year.
He will highlight his efforts to bring health care to all Americans, efforts blocked by the Republicans.
He will highlight his administration's actions in Haiti and our increased standing in the world.
He will pledge to renew his fight for you, the American people, by enacting tax cuts for the middle class.
He will plead to "keep hope alive" and promise to deliver on his "mandate for change."

In other words, every word of his speech will be a lie, including "and" and "but."

Forum List

Back