State of the Union: Barack Obama gets an F for world leadership

Are you SERIOUS???? "a little emotional support and condolence"? Wow....I will rethink you and your views. Tell you what, if you are SO interested in what the folks across the pond think of us, AND you want us involved in world affairs everywhere, why don't you ask those blokes why they have provided such a tiny fraction of the total ground forces in Iraq and Afghanistan?

So, what is your suggestion in dealing with Iran? Do you agree with Ahamadinejad's abuse of the people?... their government's obvious pursuit of nuclear weapons?... the stated desire to use them on their neighbor, Israel? :eusa_eh:

What is YOUR answer to how we should deal with Iran?

You know, when you meet them one on one, Iranians are typically nice people. And while I wouldn't suggest that we go to war for their liberation, I think it would be in the best interest of all nations, and in particular the Iranians themselves, to shake of the yoke of theocratic tyranny.

Are you SERIOUS???? "a little emotional support and condolence"? Wow....I will rethink you and your views. Tell you what, if you are SO interested in what the folks across the pond think of us, AND you want us involved in world affairs everywhere, why don't you ask those blokes why they have provided such a tiny fraction of the total ground forces in Iraq and Afghanistan?

So, what is your suggestion in dealing with Iran? Do you agree with Ahamadinejad's abuse of the people?... their government's obvious pursuit of nuclear weapons?... the stated desire to use them on their neighbor, Israel? :eusa_eh:

You know, when you meet them one on one, Iranians are typically nice people. And while I wouldn't suggest that we go to war for their liberation, I think it would be in the best interest of all nations, and in particular the Iranians themselves, to shake of the yoke of theocratic tyranny.

No. I certainly do NOT agree with Ahamadinejad's abuses. However, I also do NOT agree that it is our duty or job to do anything about it. We are in the mess we are with Iraq because someone thought we needed to effect a regime change. See where that got us?

How do we deal with Iran? Leave them alone. Ahamadinejad's abuses of his people are not our concern.

We have at one point or another SUPPORTED virtually EVERY dictator during the 20th century and you wonder WHY so much of the world HATES us. When we go and support OUR STRATEGIC interests (see Saddam and Iraq vs Iran) and then we come out smelling like SHIT because of it we have no one to blame but OURSELVES!!!

No. I certainly do NOT agree with Ahamadinejad's abuses. However, I also do NOT agree that it is our duty or job to do anything about it. We are in the mess we are with Iraq because someone thought we needed to effect a regime change. See where that got us?

How do we deal with Iran? Leave them alone. Ahamadinejad's abuses of his people are not our concern.

As I said, I'm not suggesting that we go into Iran and affect a regime change. But, we've always stood publicly against human rights abuses, openly criticizing them when we see them. Obama's SOTU address was such an obvious opportunity to do that, that the absence of comment was notable. That's what the British blogger was pointing out.

Should the Iranian regime develop nuclear weaponry and then USE it... we're facing global nuclear war. :eek:
But in Obama's response to the people of Honduras, there's no reason for the people of Iran to believe that a change of regime would garner immediate acceptance and good will from the U.S. A few reassuring and benign words would have been politically astute, having flubbed Honduras as he did. It's not like Ahmadinejad isn't going to blame us for any and all of his failures anyways. He's already doing that. It's a win/win to criticize his human rights abuses.

Wasn't a big whine about how chimpola destoryed US credibilty in Europe, and Barry would restore it?

Looks like this is yet another area Barry fucked up in.

But are we allowed to offer assistance, monetary or other, in the wake of a natural disaster, such as an earthquake?? Mmmmmmm I'm craving cherries.:lol:

But are we allowed to offer assistance, monetary or other, in the wake of a natural disaster, such as an earthquake?? Mmmmmmm I'm craving cherries.:lol:

Thank you for pointing out the fact that you are too dimwitted to understand the differences between the two situations and the types of support needed.

Thank you for pointing out the fact that you are too dimwitted to understand the differences between the two situations and the types of support needed.

No, twatwaffle, that's exactly what I was pointing out. But you keep cherry picking who and what is worthy of your "compassion".

Justice served. This is what happens when you run on being "The President of the World" rather than the President of the United States. A bit of poetic justice no? Globalism/Internationalism is vastly overrated. I think more & more Americans are beginning to agree with me on that.

Forum List

Back