State of Connecticut wants to Ban Possession of All Magazines Over 10 Rounds

Yes, the Slipper Slope. If I don't let you buy a nuclear rifle today, I'll be taking away your pocket knives tomorrow :rolleyes:

is it not a fact that most of the people pushing for these clip size limits also are proponents of banning handguns/semi-automatics altogether?
I don't give a damn if they're in favour of banning nachos. When they put forward a bill to do so, then we'll discuss that and vote accordingly. Until such time as they put forward such a bill, let's focus on the real world and the actual bill put forward.

But you have to understand why people who support gun rights are so wary of things like this? This legislation basicaly does NOTHING to prevent those sort of massacres from occuring, as a person crazy enough to perform a shooting using that much ammo is also crazy enough not to give a rats ass about the law in general, never mind a mag size restriction law.

It also effects law abiding citizens, whose guns are intrinsically made with mags greater than 10 rounds, who now have to modify such guns, or get rid of them. Basically you are punishing them for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

By making the limit 10, instead of say, 20, all they are doing is trying to make an end around ban of many popular semi-automaitc handguns, such as many 9mm's. When viewed as such, is it such a big suprise that legal gun owners mistrust those who try to get these things passed as law?

As an aside, i guess a waiver will be granted to police officers, whos semi-autos usually include at least 12 round magazines.

The Hi Point gets a pretty bad wrap, IMO. True, it is a piece of junk, not something I'd really want to carry daily and stake my life on in a life or death moment, but if you take care of it and only shoot high quality ammo out of it, they are fine defense weapons. I have one that has had over 10,000 rounds through it. It is a shop gun.

I keep one in all my vehicles because I figure if I shoot someone, they're going to confiscate the weapon for evidence and I may never get it back. With the Hi Point, I'd tell them "just keep it, I'm done with that one." :)

I have sold about 700 Hi Points in the past 2 years. We sell them from $139 to $159, depending on the caliber. Really a good bargain for the money, if you're willing to clean and maintain after every practice. They are a true "throw away gun," and the staple of gangsters and thugs.

Gangbangers buy guns every day, don't kid yourself.
But they are just fine if you maintain them with care.

Piece of crap?

Watch these test videos in the order they are posted.

Oh and a gang banger is not going to buy a gun he will steal it.

I've already said they get a bad wrap, and that they're a fine weapon, with the proper care and maintenance.

But there is a reason they are $114 wholesale.

Yep your money isn't going to pay someone else in another country that makes them. It's one hundred percent American made, by Americans in America. They are for people who cannot afford that 500.00 to 600.00 dollar price tag. You also said
They are a true "throw away gun," and the staple of gangsters and thugs.

As I said a gangbanger is not going to go apply for a purchase permit and go buy a gun, he will steal it.

Last edited by a moderator:
is it not a fact that most of the people pushing for these clip size limits also are proponents of banning handguns/semi-automatics altogether?
I don't give a damn if they're in favour of banning nachos. When they put forward a bill to do so, then we'll discuss that and vote accordingly. Until such time as they put forward such a bill, let's focus on the real world and the actual bill put forward.

But you have to understand why people who support gun rights are so wary of things like this?

Banning Davey Crocketts in evry home =/= banning pocket knives

But yes, Reb already make sit clear why the Right is threatening to kill cops over this- they think a slightly larger magazine will enable them to blow up thanks by shooting the fuel cells, shoot planes out of the sky, and destroy the US Army when they overthrow the federal government. They're afraid that this will prevent them from living out their Rambo fantasies and killing everyone who doesn't vote Republican.

This legislation basicaly does NOTHING to prevent those sort of massacres from occuring

Not letting people buy nuclear rifles doesn't make it harder for them to reach the streets or Al Queda?
, as a person crazy enough to perform a shooting using that much ammo is also crazy enough not to give a rats ass about the law in general, never mind a mag size restriction law.

Ending their sale and trying to reduce the number still out there makes it harder for then next kids to shoot up their school to get them.
It also effects law abiding citizens, whose guns are intrinsically made with mags greater than 10 rounds, who now have to modify such guns, or get rid of them. Basically you are punishing them for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

No more than we were when we put limits on fully-auto firearms with 50-round drums- weapons used only by gangs and mass murderers. It's not about punishing anyone, it's about making it more difficult for lunatics to go on shooting sprees and kill everyone. You don't need a banana clip to defend yourself or your home- you need it to kill scores of innocent people.

People like Reb make the real motives of the gun wackos clear- and make it clear why people like him should be monitored so they can't live out the cop-killing 'revolutionary' fantasies he's expressed in this very thread. It seems the Hutaree still has at least one chapter in operation.

Forum List

Back