State of Connecticut wants to Ban Possession of All Magazines Over 10 Rounds

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Let me be clear about this issue to the people of Connecticut

I would like to point out that some SKS semi automatic rifles have a fixed 20 round magazine, meaning it cannot be removed without making alterations to it. If that happens according to the law would make that rifle illegal unless you make it 992r compliant, under Federal law. I think even if you are replacing the 20 round fixed magazine to a 10 round fixed magazine you will be altering the rifle into something other than it's original state that it was created as. This new legislation if passed would be violating the second amendment and the recently supreme court ruling Heller vs. D.C. and McDonald vs. Chicago.

A bill introduced in the Connecticut General Assembly (Raised Bill Number 1094) by anti-gun state Sen. Martin Looney (D) would ban the possession of any magazine (rifle, pistol or shotgun) capable of holding more than 10 rounds. If this bill passes, law-abiding gun owners will have to begin surrendering their magazines by July,
Hoffman's Legislative Alert - Magazine Ban!

1 Section 1. (NEW) (Effective July 1, 2011) (a) As used in this section,
2 "large capacity magazine" means any detachable ammunition feeding
3 device with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds of
4 ammunition, but does not include: (1) A feeding device that has been
5 permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than ten
6 rounds, (2) a .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device, or (3) a
7 tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/TOB/s/pdf/2011SB-01094-R00-SB.pdf

States rights don't extend to not letting someone go on a shooting spree with 30-rounds before reloading?

And before you start- those extra bullets won't do shit against a tank, so spare us the 'my home needs to be stockpiled with enough weapons to take on the US military' bullshit

States rights don't extend to not letting someone go on a shooting spree with 30-rounds before reloading?

And before you start- those extra bullets won't do shit against a tank, so spare us the 'my home needs to be stockpiled with enough weapons to take on the US military' bullshit

Nor does the state ove ride the second amendment.

And before you start- those extra bullets won't do shit against a tank, so spare us the 'my home needs to be stockpiled with enough weapons to take on the US military' bullshit.

I will not be going head to head with tanks hit and run is what they call it.

considering it takes a trained person only 2-3 seconds or so to change mags how much good does this law do, considering the maniac is already on a shooting spree?

Oh, and of course he will follow the law, and only carry 10 round clips at all times.

Just more feel good window dressing from gun control people that does no real good, except make them feel like they did something, and move more toward thier gun free "utopia"

I will not be going head to head with tanks hit and run is what they call it.
Rambo-Penticton.jpg

Pictured: Anyone who has a 20-round mag :thup:

:rolleyes:

considering it takes a trained person only 2-3 seconds or so to change mags how much good does this law do, considering the maniac is already on a shooting spree?

Google: tucson giffords shooter stopped when need to reload

Let me be clear about this issue to the people of Connecticut

I would like to point out that some SKS semi automatic rifles have a fixed 20 round magazine, meaning it cannot be removed without making alterations to it. If that happens according to the law would make that rifle illegal unless you make it 992r compliant, under Federal law. I think even if you are replacing the 20 round fixed magazine to a 10 round fixed magazine you will be altering the rifle into something other than it's original state that it was created as. This new legislation if passed would be violating the second amendment and the recently supreme court ruling Heller vs. D.C. and McDonald vs. Chicago.

A bill introduced in the Connecticut General Assembly (Raised Bill Number 1094) by anti-gun state Sen. Martin Looney (D) would ban the possession of any magazine (rifle, pistol or shotgun) capable of holding more than 10 rounds. If this bill passes, law-abiding gun owners will have to begin surrendering their magazines by July,
Hoffman's Legislative Alert - Magazine Ban!

And there is this:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/157634-federal-ban-on-large-capacity-ammunition-magazines.html

So the only argument you have against sensible legislation is your Rambo fantasy of over throwing the government of the United States?
Why are you wanting to over throw the government? If you are not wanting to do that why did you bring it up?
You seem to have the rambo fantasy you brought him up. Sensible legislation? There's nothing sensible about it. All it will do is create a lot of felons and a lot of dead cops. Most gun owners I know who have extended mags will not turn their mags in.

Last edited:
Yes, ending the sale of extended clips will kill cops :cuckoo:

Moron

It has been mention that the state police will be going to homes and confiscating them, when and if this bill becomes law.. And yes there will be some dead cops when that happens. Hell their were a lot of dead british soldiers killed for less a tea tax.

Right... so now we shouldn't seek to prevent another Tucson because you're threatening to kill cops...

That makes you different than Al Queda threatening to kill people if they don't like American policy how, exactly?

Right... so now we shouldn't seek to prevent another Tucson because you're threatening to kill cops...

That makes you different than Al Queda threatening to kill people if they don't like American policy how, exactly?

So how many shootings have we had rambo? And how many gun owners are their rambo? You are such a drama queen You are the one making threats with you insinuation when no threat was made. I'm just telling you this is not Russia and if they start coming to homes and confiscating mags cops will die. No gun owner I know will be handing over anything that deals with their guns. Thats just a fact not a threat.

And when OBL talks about another attack, it's also a fact and not a threat...

'If we don't like your politics, we'll kill cops!'

Never knew you were Hutaree

Yes, ending the sale of extended clips will kill cops :cuckoo:

Moron

It has been mention that the state police will be going to homes and confiscating them, when and if this bill becomes law.. And yes there will be some dead cops when that happens. Hell their were a lot of dead british soldiers killed for less a tea tax.

Most cops I know are on the side of liberty. If the government becomes too oppressive and is required to confiscate guns, they will not enforce the law.

See, even you admit they're not talking about taking your guns away.

But god forbid Loughner had to reload before killing that little girl- you'll kill all the cops in America to ensure the next lunatic can kill even more people, right?

Forum List

Back