State House passes Illinois version of DREAM Act for children of immigrants

Vindicator

Rookie
May 30, 2011
SPRINGFIELD — The Illinois House passed a state version of the DREAM Act Thursday in a vote hailed by immigration-rights advocates as historic.

By a 61-53 vote, the House approved and sent to Gov. Pat Quinn legislation that would set up a state fund that would route privately funded college scholarships to as many as 95,000 children of undocumented immigrants.

Quinn has expressed support for the legislation, whose chief House sponsor was Rep. Edward Acevedo (D-Chicago).

The measure, also pushed by Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Cardinal Francis George, would allow undocumented immigrants ages 18 to 29 with taxpayer-identification cards to invest in the state’s Bright Start and College Illinois programs.

“I’m super excited this bill got passed. Illinois is going on a different path,” said Rep. Maria Antonia Berrios (D-Chicago), co-chair of the Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus.

Read more:
State House passes Illinois version of DREAM Act for children of immigrants - Chicago Sun-Times

----------------------------------------------------------

“A lot of people feel they shouldn’t be spending their tax dollars for people who aren’t citizens or people who are trying to become citizens,” said Rep. Robert Pritchard (R-Hinckley), who voted against the measure.

But Acevedo insisted that wasn’t the case.

“There’s not one tax dollar that goes into this program,” he said.

Who are they trying to kid. Money that would feed REAL Americans will be diverted to give diplomas to criminal aliens.

American college students who earned college degrees and paid big money should ask for a refund.

BTW Governor Quinn gave LA RAZA 3.4 million dollars last year. That WAS taxpayer money.

“I’m super excited this bill got passed. Illinois is going on a different path,” said Rep. Maria Antonia Berrios (D-Chicago)...

Different path, all right.

BTW - it's a private scholarship fund, not publicly funded.

Il has a long history with migrant workers. there is, or used to be, a special welfare set aside for them to cover the cost of traveling through Ill and down further south,

Illinois Migrant council, was the name.

Most couldn't understand you until you told them "no denero". Then magically a person that spoke clear English would appear.

so illegals were all over the place. wait until legal kids can't get into college b/c the seats are filled with criminals and their children. You won't hear a peep.

Illinois democrats are the biggest pieces of shit...

I'm from and living in Illinois and I can tell you that these dicheads are like Nazi's.

You should see their gerrymandering..

These assholes rely on the black and latino vote to stay in power and they actually pay them to vote democrat with taxpayer funded entitlements.

Kids in minority districts get free lunch, their parents get free welfare while they work for cash under the table while their older ones get free college educations.... Its fucking disgusting...

Meanwhile those who live in blue collar towns are stuck paying for them to live for free while we pay for our own families to eat and we're only making it by the skin off our teeth.

These illegal fucks are just raking it in and laughing all the way to the bank while democrats cheer..

But hey, those that are fed up with the bullshit are voting with their feet and leaving this state and soon enough there wont be any taxpayers left to support their illegal alien loving welfare state. Chicago only lost 200,000 residents since 2000 and I will assume the majority of those left recently... Illinois lost a House seat..

So most Illinois residents don't want this progressive liberal bullshit...

Chicago rules the entire fucking state and the leftists recently redrew district lines to insure that continues to happen...

I hate this state...

“I’m super excited this bill got passed. Illinois is going on a different path,” said Rep. Maria Antonia Berrios (D-Chicago)...

Different path, all right.

BTW - it's a private scholarship fund, not publicly funded.

Like this one from last year?:

Latino group awarded $3.4M to fund health career program

February 26, 2010
SUN-TIMES MEDIA WIRE
The Illinois Dept. of Labor has awarded the National Council of La Raza a $3.4 million award to invest in health services training for high-need Latino communities in Chicago

The money will fund the Carreras en Salud program, which provides low-income, low-skilled Latinos with a structured but flexible career pathway to nursing and health occupations, according to a release from the NCLR.

Carreras en Salud offers integrated services to overcome barriers to employment and career advancement, such as job training, career counseling and assistance in job placement, the release said.

The program represents a workforce parternship betwen NCLR and its Chicago-based affiliates, the Instituto del Progreso Latino, Association House of Chicago and
Humboldt Park Vocational Education Center, the release said.

Services will be easily accessible, as all three partners are located in Latino communities -- HPVEC and AHC in the
Humboldt Park area, and Instituto del Progreso Latino in the Pilsen neighborhood.

NCLR is the largest national Latino civil rights and advocacy organization in the
United States, the release said

THEY LIE, LIE, LIE, AND STEAL FUNDING THAT WAS MEANT FOR POOR AMERICANS!

il has a long history with migrant workers. There is, or used to be, a special welfare set aside for them to cover the cost of traveling through ill and down further south,

illinois migrant council, was the name.

Most couldn't understand you until you told them "no denero". Then magically a person that spoke clear english would appear.

So illegals were all over the place. Wait until legal kids can't get into college b/c the seats are filled with criminals and their children. You won't hear a peep.

American Parents from Illinois
Demand Schools Free of Criminal Invaders
or
Boycott All Public Schools!!!

Last edited:

I'm from and living in Illinois and I can tell you that these dicheads are like Nazi's.

These assholes rely on the black and latino vote to stay in power and they actually pay them to vote democrat with taxpayer funded entitlements.

Kids in minority districts get free lunch, their parents get free welfare while they work for cash under the table while their older ones get free college educations.... Its fucking disgusting...

Meanwhile those who live in blue collar towns are stuck paying for them to live for free while we pay for our own families to eat and we're only making it by the skin off our teeth.

These illegal fucks are just raking it in and laughing all the way to the bank while democrats cheer..

But hey, those that are fed up with the bullshit are voting with their feet and leaving this state and soon enough there wont be any taxpayers left to support their illegal alien loving welfare state. Chicago only lost 200,000 residents since 2000 and I will assume the majority of those left recently... Illinois lost a House seat..

Chicago rules the entire fucking state and the leftists recently redrew district lines to insure that continues to happen...

I hate this state...

I'm from there myself. I loved the state. It's the polotics that are utterly corrupt.

People think the mob stopped infuencing it when Capone went to prison and died.

pfft

My dad lost his job as an office manager b/c some pols kid wanted unemployment and he didn't qualify. So they told my dad to approve the kids app, when he refused, he got squeezed out. And that was down in Kankakee.

remeber when Blago took over and promised to cut spending? first thing he did was close VA offices. No mention from the liberal media about him making it harder for Vets and widows.

I hate this state...

I've lived in Illinois all my life and I think you nailed it.

The politician here have no backbone at all

By the way: A part of this DREAM act gives those illegals the right to drive back and forth from school.

It should be mentioned that we still have a governor IN JAIL for giving licenses to illegals.

Il has a long history with migrant workers. there is, or used to be, a special welfare set aside for them to cover the cost of traveling through Ill and down further south,

Illinois Migrant council, was the name.

Most couldn't understand you until you told them "no denero". Then magically a person that spoke clear English would appear.

so illegals were all over the place. wait until legal kids can't get into college b/c the seats are filled with criminals and their children. You won't hear a peep.

Yes, we need those migrant workers to pick crops on State Street.:lol:

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 12 > § 231
Prev | Next

§ 231. Civil disorders

(3) Whoever commits or attempts to commit any act to obstruct, impede, or interfere with any fireman or law enforcement officer lawfully engaged in the lawful performance of his official duties incident to and during the commission of a civil disorder which in any way or degree obstructs, delays, or adversely affects commerce or the movement of any article or commodity in commerce or the conduct or performance of any federally protected function— Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

(b) Nothing contained in this section shall make unlawful any act of any law enforcement officer which is performed in the lawful performance of his official duties.

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 19 > § 372
Prev | Next

§ 372. Conspiracy to impede or injure officer

If two or more persons in any State, Territory, Possession, or District conspire to prevent, by force, intimidation, or threat, any person from accepting or holding any office, trust, or place of confidence under the United States, or from discharging any duties thereof, or to induce by like means any officer of the United States to leave the place, where his duties as an officer are required to be performed, or to injure him in his person or property on account of his lawful discharge of the duties of his office, or while engaged in the lawful discharge thereof, or to injure his property so as to molest, interrupt, hinder, or impede him in the discharge of his official duties, each of such persons shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six years, or both.

Forum List

Back