State Fair

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
I went to the state fair with a few of my friends last night. It was alright, would've been more fun if I'd had any money. I had to get my friend to pay for me to get in. I rode 2 rides (the scrambler, and whatever the thing is that spins you around really fast and pins you to the wall). The games have gotten ridiculously expensive, the majority of them were $3 or $5. I had $2 to my name and I blew it on a stupid dart game that I lost. Oh, well. We met up with some people we know that run a fried mushroom stand up there and we got some free mushrooms. They were awesome. Later, I found out that they use King Cobra in the batter. We mostly just walked around, my friends went on a lot more rides than I did (being that I hadn't put in any money for the tickets and they had). Everytime they went on, I had to hold one of the girls' purses and would get about four or five confused stares from people walking by. I got to see The Gap Band for about thirty seconds (my friends have no appreciation of old-school funk). Right before we left, my friend Justin got hungry again and he made me get an "Italian steak sandwich" with him. The sandwich was roughly the size of a hotdog. Italian steak is apparently just cold, dry roast beef topped with onions, peppers, mushrooms, and cheese. Oh, and it was $5.50. It's really unbelievable these food places probably make in a week. After that, we went home and watched Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood. All in all, it was a decent evening, I guess.

Sounds like a very expensive night! though, I go down the shore and dump over $50, that's why I don't go that often. Food at Fair's are super expensive, and usually shitty too!

You went on the 2 rides that I hate the most! I hate rides that do nothing but spin in circles. They have that one in Great Adventure that fits like 10 people into a cylinder, drops into the ground and proceeds to spin at warp speed! Last time I went on that I felt dizzy for a week.

All in all it sounds like you had a good time, and THATS what college is all about (any chicks get naked?).

You left out the part where you guys drank a bunch of 40's on the way back home and vomited on one another.

Originally posted by jimnyc
All in all it sounds like you had a good time, and THATS what college is all about (any chicks get naked?).

You left out the part where you guys drank a bunch of 40's on the way back home and vomited on one another.

Seriously Dan!! Wheres the naked chick part of the story?? Damn..at least make something up!!! :)

Dan, I can totally sympathize... the 3rd largest fair in America is right here in my hometwon of Puyallup, WA. It's $9 to get in, every ride costs 4-5 tickets (tickets, in bulk, are 75 cents each), and the food is extremely expensive. It's gotten to the point where I eat ahead of time so I don't have to buy food there. However, they do have scones at the Puyallup Fair, which are really incredible, and they're only $10 for a dozen. But admission for two adults and one kid, five rides, and scones cost $49.
And no naked chicks either!

Hahaha, no naked chicks, it was kinda cold out that night. Ordinarily, most of the girls I hang around with just walk around naked.:D

And, yeah, the thing that spun me around was weird, I thought it was still moving once it had been stopped for like 30 seconds. It's kinda scary to look at some of the people working there and think about the fact that they're the ones that put these things together.

Forum List

Back