State Dinner Glorious in Spite of GOP Refusal to Attend

Why would the president invite Boehner or McConnell? Can you imagine...

Server: "Good evening Senator, would you care for white or red wine?"

Senator McConnell: "No"

Server: "Sir?...you prefer not to be served wine, this evening?"

Server: "Very good sir. Which wine do you prefer, red or white?"

Server: "Senator McConnell, sir, others are waiting, May I move on and serve others while you decide?"

Server: "Others are waiting, Sir, if you don't mind, please Sir, Red, White or do you prefer water... Sir?"

And the next day from the Capital steps...

Senator McConnell: "Last night, at the State Dinner, both my colleague and friend, Congressman Boehner, and I were not offered a glass of wine by the Obamas.
I'm sure if Hugo Chavez or Rev. Wright were there both would have been offered a full bottle of the best wine available.

And the next day from the Capital steps...

Senator McConnell: "Last night, at the State Dinner, both my colleague and friend, Congressman Boehner, and I were not offered a glass of wine by the Obamas.
I'm sure if Hugo Chavez or Rev. Wright were there both would have been offered a full bottle of the best wine available.

That's about how they play the game.

Think Progress » Washington Times falsely claims Boehner was ‘not invited’ to White House state dinner.

Washington Times falsely claims Boehner was ‘not invited’ to White House state dinner.
Today in the Washington Times, reporters Joseph Curl and Matthew Mosk write a story titled “Top Republican lawmakers not invited to State Dinner.” The article attempts to paint President Obama’s invitation list for tonight’s dinner honoring Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as an example of his partisanship because he did not invite enough Republicans. The article states that House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH), like House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA), “didn’t get an invitation to the dinner”:

House Minority Leader John A. Boehner won’t be there; he’s on Thanksgiving break and home in Ohio. His deputy, Rep. Eric Cantor of Virginia, also didn’t get an invitation to the dinner.

However, this simply isn’t true. As Politico reported, Boehner was invited but turned the White House down. Already, Fox News is trying to gin up controversy by reprinting the Washington Times along with the same error.

I will say the First Lady's dress is the prettiest dress I've *ever* seen her wear. The dress and the story behind it are first class.

Not so her husband. Sorry. :(

I really don't thing the president is important enough to interrupt Glenn Beck so why should anyone be interested in going to his party?

It might have been good because the GOP didn't attend.. How rude and childish. :lol:

Its a shame the Republicans didn't attend..

Its the closest they will get to the White House for the next 15 years

Like everything else this admin. does,, close the door on the Republicans,. no bitching now when what goes around comes around. I wouldn't want to sit next to Bill Ayers anyway.or bullfrog

It might have been good because the GOP didn't attend.. How rude and childish. :lol:

They are both the same kiddo, which is what I keep telling you:

It wouldn’t be the first time the opposing party has declined. When Queen Elizabeth II came to Washington for a state dinner in 2007, the event was white tie and Senate leader Harry Reid declined the invitation

State Dinner: Boehner, Reid snub invite - Politico Staff

The bad part of those snubs is that Boehner unfortunately came back to Ohio. Too bad golfing season is over.

Like everything else this admin. does,, close the door on the Republicans,. no bitching now when what goes around comes around. I wouldn't want to sit next to Bill Ayers anyway.or bullfrog
Closer ties with India means more outsourcing of US jobs.

yes I know, he has no intention of creating American jobs. all he intends to create are illusions of jobs in imaginary places.

Forum List

Back