State Dept. Nominee Says “Guns Kill Civil Society”

Lookout

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2007

The Betrayal
June 24, 2009

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has scheduled a Wednesday vote on a State Department nominee who supports gun control on a global scale.

While advocates of the Second Amendment have come to expect that appointees of President Barack Obama would be hostile to the rights of gun owners, the president’s nominee for legal advisor to the State Department reaches a whole new level of anti-gun extremism.

Harold Hongju Koh, who served at the State Department under the Clinton administration, is a self-described “trans-nationalist” who believes that our laws — and our Constitution — should be brought into conformity with international agreements.

The Betrayal
June 24, 2009

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has scheduled a Wednesday vote on a State Department nominee who supports gun control on a global scale.

While advocates of the Second Amendment have come to expect that appointees of President Barack Obama would be hostile to the rights of gun owners, the president’s nominee for legal advisor to the State Department reaches a whole new level of anti-gun extremism.

Harold Hongju Koh, who served at the State Department under the Clinton administration, is a self-described “trans-nationalist” who believes that our laws — and our Constitution — should be brought into conformity with international agreements.

I find it sad when a citizen of this country want us to loose our rights just to conform to others that do not have the same rights in their country.

I believe we should endeavor to raise the level of individual rights of all people to the level of those we enjoy, in lieu of lowering the level of rights in this country to those in some other country, but I am not a political appointee.

The Betrayal
June 24, 2009

I find it sad when a citizen of this country want us to loose our rights just to conform to others that do not have the same rights in their country.

I believe we should endeavor to raise the level of individual rights of all people to the level of those we enjoy, in lieu of lowering the level of rights in this country to those in some other country, but I am not a political appointee.
Perhaps you should be!

I believe we should endeavor to raise the level of individual rights of all people to the level of those we enjoy, in lieu of lowering the level of rights in this country to those in some other country

exactly.

plus there is something to be said about sovereignty. sovereignty tends to localize problems while globalization will make problems systemic.

once one world government goes dictatorship ( it won't take long since there won't be anybody to oppose it ) it will make the current economic crisis look like Disneyland by comparison.

His premise is, of course, utterly absurd on it's face, the problem isn't guns which after all are only tools (much like the dolt in question) that can be and frequently are used to keep the barbarians at bay, but the fact that too many barbarians have fire arms access and that it is all but impossible to keep firearms out of their hands.

Of course if you accept his premise you likely believe another absurd premise namely that eveyone who owns a gun is a barbarian.

Forum List

Back