State Dept. calls AQ members family, offers parents condolences on his death

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
I wasn't aware we did this kind of thing.................... did we send a fruit basket to the several Mrs.s' Bin Ladens?

U.S. State Dept. contacts Khan family
Official offers parents condolences on death of al-Qaida propagandist.

An official from the U.S. State Department has called the Charlotte family of al-Qaida propagandist Samir Khan to offer the government's condolences on his death in a U.S. drone attack last week in Yemen, according to a family spokesman.

"They were very apologetic (for not calling the family sooner) and offered condolences," Jibril Hough said about the Thursday call from the State Department to Khan's father, Zafar.

The phone call came a day after the family released a statement through Hough that condemned the "assassination" of their 25-year-old son - a U.S. citizen - and said they were "appalled" that they had not heard from the U.S. government to discuss their son's remains or answer questions about why Khan was not afforded due process.

On Friday, State Department spokesman Harry Edwards confirmed to the Observer that the call had been made, but said "privacy issues" kept him from offering details.

Hough said the Thursday conversation lasted a few minutes.

"It wasn't just 'I'm sorry' and hang-up," said Hough, who added that the phone call included no discussion of the status or condition of Khan's remains.

more at-

Read more: U.S. State Dept. contacts Khan family | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

Maybe the administration is sorry that they were forced to kill him before he had realized his destiny of killing more Americans.

It's like an episode of The Twilight Zone.:cuckoo:

in all seriousness to you and HG and CG, I have not the slightest idea why we called this guys family... there is no sign post up ahead, its surreal, really...

"Hi, this is Hillary at State. On behalf of President Obama, and the Democratic Party, I would like to offer our sincere apologies for the outrageous murder of your innocent son. Naturally, we wouldn't commit such an atrocity. It was those war mongering Republicans and the TEA Party Terrorists. They are enemies of this democracy - they keep insisting on calling it a 'Constitutional Republic' - and, frankly, they aren't real Americans. We will be in touch shortly to discuss suitable compensation. Please don't sue.'

Forum List

Back