State Department: Texas a foreign country

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
State Department Lists Texas As A Foreign Country

Texas Governor Rick Perry suggested after a tax day tea party rally that his state might consider seceding from the union.

"We've got a great union," Perry said. "There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."
Texas Democrats ripped the governor for his secession talk, calling it "anti-American."

Unfortunately for Perry's detractors, the U.S. Department of State (until Friday morning) was with the governor on this one. On its website listing of 16 foreign countries visited by Secretary Hillary Clinton,

State's got Texas right there between Turkey and Switzerland.
State scrubbed the Texas listing, but the Huffington Post has a screen grab.

There was nothing particularly international about Clinton's March 27 Texas visit: She appeared at the Dallas Women's Museum with Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Tex.) and accepted an award from Planned Parenthood in Houston.

Far from thumbing its nose, Washington seems to be giving Perry a thumbs-up. Too bad his constituents give the whole secession idea a big thumbs-down; 75 percent of Texans would prefer to remain part of these United States of America. The Huffington Post is conducting a quick poll of its own -- click here to vote on whether Texas should secede!

Hilarious.

I guess things ARE changing under the new administration.
I think the Republic of Texas has WMDs, and is a threat to US. Unleash Shock and awe, tear down Perry's reghime, hang him and Tom Delay. And that other guy who owns that brush infested ranch in Crawford.
Turn the Dallas Cowboys stadium into a prison where we can send detainees we scopp up off the streets to be tortured - whether they are guilty or not.
It will be a Slam Dunk. We will be treated as Liberators.

Hilarious.

I think the Republic of Texas has WMDs, and is a threat to US. Unleash Shock and awe, tear down Perry's reghime, hang him and Tom Delay. And that other guy who owns that brush infested ranch in Crawford.
Turn the Dallas Cowboys stadium into a prison where we can send detainees we scopp up off the streets to be tortured - whether they are guilty or not.

Dear Worldadope,

I missed when Perry, Delay and that other guy ( with a ranch that is more eco friendly than anything Al Gore does) gassed their own people, raped Kuwait, and violated UN resolutions.............. :eusa_whistle:

Sincerely,

Non left wing hack ........

Texas most certainly could stand on its own. If it seceded, other States would likely follow, like Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. Obama likes to compare himself to Abraham Lincoln. His divisive policies might make that a reality.

State Department Lists Texas As A Foreign Country

Texas Governor Rick Perry suggested after a tax day tea party rally that his state might consider seceding from the union.

"We've got a great union," Perry said. "There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."
Texas Democrats ripped the governor for his secession talk, calling it "anti-American."

Unfortunately for Perry's detractors, the U.S. Department of State (until Friday morning) was with the governor on this one. On its website listing of 16 foreign countries visited by Secretary Hillary Clinton,

State's got Texas right there between Turkey and Switzerland.
State scrubbed the Texas listing, but the Huffington Post has a screen grab.

There was nothing particularly international about Clinton's March 27 Texas visit: She appeared at the Dallas Women's Museum with Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Tex.) and accepted an award from Planned Parenthood in Houston.

Far from thumbing its nose, Washington seems to be giving Perry a thumbs-up. Too bad his constituents give the whole secession idea a big thumbs-down; 75 percent of Texans would prefer to remain part of these United States of America. The Huffington Post is conducting a quick poll of its own -- click here to vote on whether Texas should secede!

:lol:

Hilarious.

No, you'd be dead. This ain't Iraq anymore than talk such as your is in any way productive.

Perry's comment was stupid, but nowhere NEAR as stupid as the people who have tried to turn it into WAY more than what it is.

Smartt: Texas Governor Perry did not threaten to lead Texas out of their union with the US. However, Texas is unique in that it can acrtually do that.

I am an American, and I will try to honor my Hero Dad by not leaving, however, the way things are looking this will not be the country My Dad fought for. So I won't feel guilty for leaving.

We have a Prez who rather than withdrawing from the world and being independent, intends on turning our independence over to the world through devolution. (evil evolution) He is giving this nation away in a clearly planned agenda.

Hilarious.

Point of Order... Accepting an award as the advocate of infanticide is decidedly "Hillary-ous" Listing Texas as an independent nation: Hussien-ious.

It's in perfect step with Candidate Hussein's accounting of the 57 or so states to which he had already visited, noting that he had several which he had yet to visit.

Someone really needs to tell us again about the intellectual merits of these Advocates of Social Science. I know I spend most of my time in "Ahhh" of these children...

"Ahhh... Look honey... she's trying accepting an award for advocating the murder of innocent children, so as to provide a means to normalize casual sex... And she's the Secretary of State... and she thinks she's doing it in the 'nation of Texas...' isn't that CUTE?"

Last edited:
Smartt: Texas Governor Perry did not threaten to lead Texas out of their union with the US. However, Texas is unique in that it can acrtually do that.

I am an American, and I will try to honor my Hero Dad by not leaving, however, the way things are looking this will not be the country My Dad fought for. So I won't feel guilty for leaving.

We have a Prez who rather than withdrawing from the world and being independent, intends on turning our independence over to the world through devolution. (evil evolution) He is giving this nation away in a clearly planned agenda.

It is an old agenda... The Marxist agenda... one which has been stewing for quite a while.

Nothing new here, except the "Progress" which the Progressives have recently made in accomplishing it.

Hilarious.

Dear Worldadope,

I missed when Perry, Delay and that other guy ( with a ranch that is more eco friendly than anything Al Gore does) gassed their own people, raped Kuwait, and violated UN resolutions.............. :eusa_whistle:

Sincerely,

Although I did hear Tom Delay has been secretly misting liberals with sugar water during tick and mosquito season. :lol:

Last edited:

Dear Worldadope,

Sincerely,

Although I did hear Tom Delay has been secretly misting liberals with sugar water during tick and mosquito season. :lol:

Forum List

Back