State Department cannot explain difference between apology and Obama statement

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Come to think of it, neither can I.

QUESTION: What’s the divergence between what that message [from the U.S. embassy in Cairo] said and what the message is coming from Washington?
MS. NULAND: I don’t --
QUESTION: Because it seems to me it’s exactly the same thing as what the President and what the Secretary said over the last couple days.
MS. NULAND: I don’t think so, but I’m not going to sit --
QUESTION: Well, can you tell us what was wrong with it?
MS. NULAND: I’m not going to sit here and parse the two texts. I think from our perspective, the message was unbalanced, the words were mischosen, and they were not clearly comprehensible to all audiences.

State Dept. Can't Explain Difference Between Cairo Apology and Obama Statement | The Weekly Standard

Then explain the difference between what the administration is saying and what Mitt Romney said Thursday - about the film:

"...the idea of using something that some people consider sacred and then parading that out a negative way is simply inappropriate and wrong."

Based on the 'nuts new definition of what constitutes an apology, that sounds as much or more apologetic than anything the president has said.

reference:
Full Transcript: George Stephanopoulos and Mitt Romney - ABC News

Then explain the difference between what the administration is saying and what Mitt Romney said Thursday - about the film:

"...the idea of using something that some people consider sacred and then parading that out a negative way is simply inappropriate and wrong."

Based on the 'nuts new definition of what constitutes an apology, that sounds as much or more apologetic than anything the president has said.

reference:
Full Transcript: George Stephanopoulos and Mitt Romney - ABC News

I don't need to, I don't defend Romney.

Forum List

Back