State Deficits! Simple Solution!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Last I checked every single state in the union has a budget deficit. Politicians say the answer is taxing and fees, we the people say cut costs. Cutting pork should be a no-brainer, but the single biggest expense to the States that NEVER gets discussed are THE Pensions!

Back in the 60-70s, business used pensions plans to provide for their retirees. It was a failed concept and private businesses slowly and but surely dropped them. I think less than 1% of the private businesses use pensions now. In fact the biggest, UNSPOKEN, reason GM and Chrysler went under was because of their unsustainable pension plans.

So private business wised up, SO WHY THE HELL DO WE NOT EXPECT GOVERNMENT TO DO IT? We pay the salaries, but they dictate the terms. That never happens in the REAL WORLD!

I guarantee if States go the way private businesses have gone (which is 401k plans), then most states could lower taxes and STILL balance their budget!

Last edited:
YES AND NO , since Ronnie braiddead Raygun went on his union busting spree, pensions have went right down the crapper, but that was the plan, because their was a gov agency that picked them up, now that didn't show up as a tax increase, good ole ronnie, I miss him, not

The NJ state pension is the single biggest drain our state. However, as a public employee, I know the legislators have had their hands in the cookie jar for over a decade. That goes for both Reps and Dems. Now that the pot is almost empty and many people are retiring, the standard line is "the public employees are draining the system." It's bullshit. Pensions are a negotiated benefit. We have a contract with the state.

If they want to change the system with new hires, great. But they can't screw with the people who have been CONTRIBUTING to it for 20 plus years.

oh btw - your last little tid bit about the jews is fucking hogwash, ask those boys on the Liberty

The NJ state pension is the single biggest drain our state. However, as a public employee, I know the legislators have had their hands in the cookie jar for over a decade. That goes for both Reps and Dems. Now that the pot is almost empty and many people are retiring, the standard line is "the public employees are draining the system." It's bullshit. Pensions are a negotiated benefit. We have a contract with the state.

If they want to change the system with new hires, great. But they can't screw with the people who have been CONTRIBUTING to it for 20 plus years.

That is exactly why they will never go away! Too many hands in the cookie jar and too many automatic lost votes! Same reason not CA governor or LA mayor can talk about combating illegal immigration, because of the instant voter loss!

Pensions were negotiated in private sector! The difference, when the funds run out the company declares BK and pension goes out the window. Individual independent retirement plans, aka 401k, have become a proven system and in the end a better system. However, when the State Pension plan funds dry up, the government raise fees, taxes and penalties. Hence squeeze the public who in the end have no say!

The If they want to change the system with new hires, great. But they can't screw with the people who have been CONTRIBUTING to it for 20 plus years.
If its sustainable cool, BUT IT HAS NEVER BEEN SUSTAINABLE! Guess what happened to all the poor shmoes at GM, Chrysler or an of the other private business that went under and had to drop their pension plans!

hey Gh , that's total hogwash ask the steel workers, they still get a reduced pension on the taxpayer dime, and where the hell is Us stell now?

hey Gh , that's total hogwash ask the steel workers, they still get a reduced pension on the taxpayer dime, and where the hell is Us stell now?

Now now now, contracts matter if you're a worker who was sexually assaulted on the job. If you're the employer, well, the workers should have known you have the right to go back on any deal you make.

Forum List

Back