State braces for 'really terrible' budget cuts

Tip of the iceberg? The states are coming back from the near depression Bushie "led" us into with his incompetence and lact of or any understanding at all of domestic policy.

Sarah, are you kidding me!! I'm sure that you are able to think and speak for yourself, but just in case please put down your liberal politics for dummies! Our financial problems are not President Bush's fault. The problem is our government! He is just a bi-product of what our government has become! Look at Greece! Their government has so many entitlement programs that it broke itself. How are we different from Greece? We really aren't! Our government, starting with FDR, has run us into a financial crisis! Our government feels the need to push for "rights" of everyone!
The right to own a home - sub-prime lending
The right to health care - medicad/medicare
The right to be lazy - welfare programs
The right to a home - government housing (sect 8)
The right to a retirement - Union negotiated pensions
The right to retire - social security
The right to....I'm sure you get the picture!
With the latest round, health care, we are now spending low-to-mid 40% of our GDP on government run entitlement programs! No economy can support that! Greece is currently at 43% GDP on their programs and they are all but done!
"Bushies" fault! Get real and think for yourself!

The bigger issue as to why States, Counties, and Cities are growing broke is public employee unions.

Paying above market compensation with huge pensions that allow such employees to retire in their 50s (and then often, double dip with another job), is not good fiscal policy.

Boedicca, Unions have destroyed state and local economies, but yet the local and state governments continue to support them! This is a more prevalent problem in liberal controlled cities and states, but it is everywhere. With the full support of the Democratic party, the Union abuse will not stop but will only worsen!

Back on the topic of California, the LA Mayor actually said today,
Villaraigosa told CNSNews.com he believes immigration in general is a net plus for the country, that most of the estimated 12 million people in the country illegally contribute to the "economic might of the nation," and that the illegal immigrants in California contribute to the "economic might of the state."
This guy really is daft! California and LA have no "economic might". They have economic disaster! It will be very interesting to see if California keeps their support of illegal aliens as they continue to creep closer and closer towards complete bankruptcy.

You can't possibly be this stupid. The idiots on the streets asking for a free ride are usually the homeless white people. Mexicans are always out there ready to work, to make sure you don't pay $10 for your strawberries, and can get a head of lettuce for under a dollar. They are the ones who do the grunge work that is keeping this economy from the brink. The data proves that they give more to the economy than they use from public services. They pay taxes and don't get a refund. Their checks boost Social Security 7 billion per year, and they'll never even get to use it. SO get your facts straight.

They work harder than most Americans have every worked. In Yuma Arizona, the lettuce farmers cant get anyone BUT Mexicans to do the difficult task of harvesting the lettuce crops, and no, it isn't because of cheap labor either. They do it and it pays about $15/hr, but AMericans are tooo fucking lazy to do it.

dude this shit has allready been debunked a hundred times since the mid 90's.....and there are plenty of lazy Mexicans and there are plenty of Americans who work just as hard as any Mexican.....so take your pro-illegal bullshit and shove it....

To add insult to injury California was named "worst state for business" of course Texas was named best state for business.

Best and Worst States for Business 2010 | Articles | Homepage

speaking of that LL.....the Orange County Register had an article about 12 Companies who will be leaving this year,because of the bullshit they have to put up with to run their bussiness....many jobs gone,much revenue going with them.....6 of them are relocating to Colorado Springs....2 are heading your way.....

Tip of the iceberg? The states are coming back from the near depression Bushie "led" us into with his incompetence and lact of or any understanding at all of domestic policy.

have you been to what arguably was the best State to live in at one time Sarah?.....and yes i mean California.....the Economy does not seem to be "coming back".....and being that this State at one time was the 6th biggest economy on the planet,and had a lot to do with keeping this nation at the top of things.....if this State goes under.....its going to hurt the rest of ya.....

have you been to what arguably was the best State to live in at one time Sarah?.....and yes i mean California.....the Economy does not seem to be "coming back".....and being that this State at one time was the 6th biggest economy on the planet,and had a lot to do with keeping this nation at the top of things.....if this State goes under.....its going to hurt the rest of ya.....

If? Exactly how much further can it go down? We are talking about a State with a projected $25 billion deficit for 2010! I guess if the "big one" were to finally hit it can go down much further... And with all the major quakes that have hit worldwide in the past few months I wouldn't be too suprised.

If? Exactly how much further can it go down? We are talking about a State with a projected $25 billion deficit for 2010! I guess if the "big one" were to finally hit it can go down much further... And with all the major quakes that have hit worldwide in the past few months I wouldn't be too suprised.

hey quakes we can handle....we get them quite often....had one last night....its the Legislature that is undoing this State.....but if the poll i saw in the paper yesterday has any bearing....85% of the people polled said California is not going in the right direction....that is the first time that many Dems have agreed to that....last year same time it was only 45%.....now we will see whom these people elect in June....

Dartagnan has bought into the crap that the open border creeps and pro-illegal advocates spew. That americans are lazy - yeah right! Who made this country what it is today? It took more than a pick and a shovel......which is what they keep saying. That illegals ONLY come here to work??? Have any of them read the statistics on crime committed by these illegals who 'only' come here to work??? They really should stop lying to themselves - it's long overdue.

Forum List

Back