State AG allows 47% increase in Health Care costs, lays blame on Obamacare

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Health Care Reform Blamed for Huge Hike in Premiums

Attorney General Richard Blumenthal sent a letter to Insurance Commissioner Thomas Sullivan on Oct. 6, asking what he called "excessive" increases were approved without full consideration of all the facts. His letter mentioned rate increases for both Anthem and Aetna.

The state has given Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield the go ahead to raise premiums by as much as 47 percent for some members, and says health care reform is the reason why"

The new rates took effect Oct. 1, and include increases from 19 percent all the way to 47 percent depending on the individual, the Hartford Courant reported.

Sullivan responded to Blumenthal saying the new rates included "very rich benefits" mandated by federal law.

Health Care Reform Blamed for Huge Hike in Premiums | NBC Connecticut

:eek:

CaféAuLait;2850371 said:

Attorney General Richard Blumenthal sent a letter to Insurance Commissioner Thomas Sullivan on Oct. 6, asking what he called "excessive" increases were approved without full consideration of all the facts. His letter mentioned rate increases for both Anthem and Aetna.

The state has given Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield the go ahead to raise premiums by as much as 47 percent for some members, and says health care reform is the reason why"

The new rates took effect Oct. 1, and include increases from 19 percent all the way to 47 percent depending on the individual, the Hartford Courant reported.

Sullivan responded to Blumenthal saying the new rates included "very rich benefits" mandated by federal law.

Nancy Pelosi: "Your costs will never go up and your benefits will never go down."

Some people have no contact with the real world.

I just read this and my reaction was the same. :eek:

Wait til they start taxing health benefits. It's coming. Well at least for those of us who pay taxes. :evil:

But just think how good you will feel at night before you go to bed knowing you paid for some crack whore and her baby.

Isn't this the America everyone wants? The Founders should be so proud.

CaféAuLait;2850371 said:

Is the lying "I served in Vietnam" Blumenthal? His opponent ought to use this against him.

I just read this and my reaction was the same. :eek:

Wait til they start taxing health benefits. It's coming. Well at least for those of us who pay taxes. :evil:

But just think how good you will feel at night before you go to bed knowing you paid for some crack whore and her baby.

Isn't this the America everyone wants? The Founders should be so proud.

Did you catch the Stossel special last night. About being a nation of Makers and Takers? It would blow your circuits.

You know it's a fucked up, ineffective economic model as soon as it says "State AG allows..."

We already pay for the crack ho and her baby. Now we will be paying for the able bodied 26 year old who prefers to live in his parent's basement and paint pretty pictures...

I don't mind a good argument for or against anything. But the stupid statements I read here on a daily basis are just amazing. Please tell me how "we" will be paying for any 26 year old's healthcare due to the new health legislation. The legislation allows for anyone up to 26 years of age to be included on their parent's health plan. It doesn't say that they get FREE COVERAGE. Their premiums must still be paid, and in most cases, it will be by the parents. The likely outcome of this portion of the healthcare bill is that more 26 year olds will be paying into the system, and since 26 year olds are at a stage in life where they are mostly healthy, there will be few claims made by these paying policy holders. Of course, their rates will be lower than the rates of a 45 or 55 year old, because of the fact that they will have less claims.

The bottom line is that their parents will be paying their premiums, not you. Duh!!! :cuckoo:

We already pay for the crack ho and her baby. Now we will be paying for the able bodied 26 year old who prefers to live in his parent's basement and paint pretty pictures...

I don't mind a good argument for or against anything. But the stupid statements I read here on a daily basis are just amazing. Please tell me how "we" will be paying for any 26 year old's healthcare due to the new health legislation. The legislation allows for anyone up to 26 years of age to be included on their parent's health plan. It doesn't say that they get FREE COVERAGE. Their premiums must still be paid, and in most cases, it will be by the parents. The likely outcome of this portion of the healthcare bill is that more 26 year olds will be paying into the system, and since 26 year olds are at a stage in life where they are mostly healthy, there will be few claims made by these paying policy holders. Of course, their rates will be lower than the rates of a 45 or 55 year old, because of the fact that they will have less claims.

The bottom line is that their parents will be paying their premiums, not you. Duh!!! :cuckoo:

Their parents must be happy as hell this mandated expenditure has been foisted off on them. The bottom line is that we all will be paying a very high price in one way or another under Obamacare.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;2850371 said:

But all the other increases prior to the congress passing this bill..were due to what?

And make no mistake..it's been going up pretty quickly.

Their parents must be happy as hell this mandated expenditure has been foisted off on them. The bottom line is that we all will be paying a very high price in one way or another under Obamacare.

That was happening one way or another. Healthcare companies now have a punching bag to blame stuff on..

Bottom line is that everyone with HC coverage right now will be paying higher premiums to cover the cost of the millions who will be added to the roles. Since there is no real reform, i.e. the cost, everyones premiums will go up.

Ask Bill O'Reilly. His premium went up by $2100. I'm sure anyone else who buys their own insurance will see the same jump.

Not really all that hard to figure out. We are getting screwed by Obamacare.

You are wrong wrong wrong. We will all pay a, because all of our premimums will go up and b. bacause those who cannot pay will be subsidized by guess who? Yes, We the People" will pay for ours and pay for thiers. That's not stupid at all.

Thank you Willow. A "family policy" includes all "children". The 26 year old will pay nothing, and the parents' premium will only rise as much as all other "family policies" such as those for people with small children.

The stupid statements you read on here on a daily basis are truly amazing. :lol:

CaféAuLait;2850371 said:

Nancy Pelosi: "Your costs will never go up and your benefits will never go down."

Some people have no contact with the real world.

Apparently, Pelosi said this before the bill was passed so she could see what in it. :lol:

Of course we are Meister That was the plan all along Why else did Kucinich change his vote?

These rate increases may not be based on any real data. The insurers may be trying to get what they can, while they can. But consider this for a moment; I heard a story today about a kid who was transported via ambulance and her mom got a bill for 500 bucks. A bit outrageous? Hardly. When
she called to questi
on the charge and provided her insurance info, they told her "Oh you have insurance? That will be 2500 dollars" Five times more. The insurance companies now know that their claims could go up five fold when everyone is forced to buy insurance. Things that make you go hmmm.

Forum List

Back