Starwood's executives move to China

KissMy

Free Breast Exam
Oct 10, 2009
In your head
...the company’s President and CEO, Frits van Paasschen has decided to relocate his senior leadership team to Shanghai until mid-July...

Van Paasschen said the company’s top executives would go about their day-to-day business on a 12-hour time difference with their “usual operations” in White Plains, New York, until July 11.

“With properties in nearly 100 countries, Starwood is no longer an American company that happens to run some hotels overseas... today, we’re a global company that happens to be based in New York,” he said.

I bet Starwood is testing the waters for a permanent relocation outside of the USA in the event of tax hikes.

...the company’s President and CEO, Frits van Paasschen has decided to relocate his senior leadership team to Shanghai until mid-July...

Van Paasschen said the company’s top executives would go about their day-to-day business on a 12-hour time difference with their “usual operations” in White Plains, New York, until July 11.

“With properties in nearly 100 countries, Starwood is no longer an American company that happens to run some hotels overseas... today, we’re a global company that happens to be based in New York,” he said.

I bet Starwood is testing the waters for a permanent relocation outside of the USA in the event of tax hikes.

wouldn't you consider moving if youre landlord was bankrupt?

See? This is why we need tax hikes or "increased revenues" as the gov't likes to call it:
“Eighty percent of our future pipeline is outside of North America, and nowhere is more emblematic of our global growth than China, where we will open one hotel every two weeks this year.
See the more the gov't takes from us, the faster our economy can grow. I mean, just look at what the Stimulus did for us.

I am starwood platinum. Moving HQ is not going to change how and where i book hotels.

There will be fewer rich executives & corporate employees for democrats to tax. Certainly no more trickle down into the USA.

New Topics

Forum List

Back