starving in Texas

Lefts have invaded Texas with million illegal Latinos, sure they have not enough money for a good nourishment.

I live just North of Houston and in our community we have 3000 kids only eating one meal a day. We are helping in the community and not looking to the "Gov" for help. We can't afford it.

The right hates poor people

Do You even understand how stupid you sound. Study after study shows, Conservatives and Christians Regularly Out give to Charity over Liberals by 2 to 1 to 3 to 1.

We don't hate Poor people. What we hate is Government Bureaucracy. We simply do not trust government, We don't think Government is the best, Most efficient way to get help to the Poor. We would rather give money to our local Churches Shelter, or the Salvation army, or some other Private Charity, than give it to the Government.

Go ahead find me a study or link that shows Liberals give even Half of what Conservatives do to Charity. I dare you. Stupid, Brainwashed Liberal Idiot.

Well seeing about 18 percent of the population is illegals they need to go back to their own country to eat..
Im sure they are eating much better in TX than Mexico... so that would be a good thing, TM

The right hates poor people

No, the right hates lefties who lie about poor people to stuff their own pockets.

I qualify for food benefits, I'm a poor person. I'm not starving, but I'm under 185 percent of the fpl.

Quit lying and using the misfortune of others to forward policies that further depress the economy. There's nothing more nauseating than fear mongering and attempting to terrify the people you claim you are helping.

Those numbers mean nothing.
Facing hunger means they qualify for SNAP, which means they are at 185 percent of the federal poverty level.

For a family of 4, that means they have total gross income of $3446 or less.

Or they have answered that they occasionally skip meals to meet a food budget.

That's what passes for starvation in the US. It is in no way akin to real starvation, and is, essentially, a lie.

Aside from the obvious attempt by TM to paint Perry as a failure it's difficult to find wholesome food in grocery stores in America. It's easy to find garbage, but good food? Figure the odds.

Where do you come up with that fuzzy math? 18% of the population of Texas is not illegal.

18% aren't starving either. It's fuzzy statistics.

I know 18% of the population is not starving in Texas.

The Truth of the matter is the only people in this Country that ever "starve" are all Either Mentally Ill, and or Addicted to Drugs or Alcohol. Anyone who is not one of those things, is Smart enough to go to the local food Pantry, or Homeless Shelter. And get something to fucking eat.

Not surprising that TM is resorting to dishonest rhetoric again though.

For a family of 4, that means they have total gross income of $3446 or less.

Where do you get that Number? Is that Monthly or Annually? My wifes good Friend and her Husband recently applied for Food Stamps. They have 2 kids, and between both of them they Gross 31,000 a year, and they were denied. They were told they need to make less than 22,500 dollars a year to get them. Less than 11,000 a year for a single person.

The 185 percent fpl is the number that caseworkers look at to determine whether or not a household is categorically eligible and is the number posted in welfare offices and other places where information about snap is available.

Then they apply deductions...and at that point, if the applicants are at or under 130 percent of the fpl, they are eligible for an actual allotment.

Eligibility

they jsut like to pretnd that about half of these people are not children.

They just hate poor starving children

They aren't starving.

Being at 185 percent of the fpl (working full time at almost twice the fed minimum wage) is not starving.

Forum List

Back