Starve the beast

pleaserescueme.jpg

• Banned
well-known proponent of the strategy is activist Grover Norquist. He has famously said, "My goal is to cut government in half in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub."[20][21]

Economist Paul Krugman summarized the strategy in February 2010: "Rather than proposing unpopular spending cuts, Republicans would push through popular tax cuts, with the deliberate intention of worsening the government’s fiscal position. Spending cuts could then be sold as a necessity rather than a choice, the only way to eliminate an unsustainable budget deficit." He wrote that the "...beast is starving, as planned..." and that "Republicans insist that the deficit must be eliminated, but they’re not willing either to raise taxes or to support cuts in any major government programs. And they’re not willing to participate in serious bipartisan discussions, either, because that might force them to explain their plan—and there isn’t any plan, except to regain power

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starve_the_beast

• Banned
the republicans are trying to starve the beast.

that means they hate this government the founders left us and want it to suffer and die

• Banned
why are they following a man who wants our government dead?

note they will not explain why they want to back a plan designed to distroy the US government

you and Grover have a plan huh?

it doesnt involve facts does it

Me and Grover have a plan. E I E I O

And in this plan we have a tub. E I E I O

With a drown, drown here and a drown, drown there

Drowning, drowning everywhere

Me and Grover have a plan. E I E I O

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back