Starting my own business has not been a pretty ride..makes me hate the government.

Whatever "real regulation" is supposed to mean. How about unions and the government keep their noses out of issues that are none of their business? If what they do in Europe works so much better, then why do they suffer from chronic high unemployment and a lower standard of living?

Um.. because they don't. Sorry. I know you don't have a passport, never been there and know everything from Hate Radio, but the Europeans mostly have a better standard of living iwthout douchebags making 8 figures.

Whatever "real regulation" is supposed to mean. How about unions and the government keep their noses out of issues that are none of their business? If what they do in Europe works so much better, then why do they suffer from chronic high unemployment and a lower standard of living?

Um.. because they don't. Sorry. I know you don't have a passport, never been there and know everything from Hate Radio, but the Europeans mostly have a better standard of living iwthout douchebags making 8 figures.

Wrong, turd. Everything in Europe costs more than it does here:

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Europe/currency-value

Last edited:
It does kind of suck living in a system that requires lawyers and accountants to be on retainer before a guy can go in to business for himself.

Yeah and lawyers are mostly to blame for that.

Did you know that the vast majority of Dem presidents have been lawyers? I can tell Obama is one, too, because he has chosen one side to represent and one side to sue the pants off.

You only ever hear about the "bad" things government does. How about the protection from predatory practices by businesses already in the field? Do we really want to go back to the Standard Oil days, when it wasn't government that hampered business, but large companies that prevented new companies from forming and drove others out of business by shady practices? At least with government you can vote people out and change laws. No such luck when stuck in a minarchist libertarian "paradise".

For some reactionary, naïve libertarians, the answer would be yes.

Government regulatory policy is the consequence of decades of illegal, abusive practices by the private sector, both with regard to treatment of employees and consumers.

Unfortunately for many business owners the temptation to maximize profits at the expense one’s workers or customers is too great to resist.

Wrong, turd. Everything in Europe costs more than it does here:

Cost of Living in Europe | European Cost of Living Comparison

Which doesn't matter if they are making more.

I mean, shit, you can get anything cheaper down in Mexico, son, doesn't mean you'd want to live there.

Not sure if every state is like this, but the Colorado Secretary of State requires businesses every year to pay $10 to say, "no, my business hasn't moved...I'm still here at this address..." What a joke. If I moved, then sure my business would need to update the address on file, and seeing as 95% of businesses haven't moved, this is just another ploy of needless government force and regulation which causes more time and headaches to file documents so that the Secretary of State can sit on a throne using my money to pay for his RNC shenanigans.

Denver DA launches criminal probe of Secretary of State Scott Gessler - The Denver Post

Plus you have to wash your hands. What a drag.

Most regulations are mandated by the court. They also protect you, not just people FROM you.

Never thought of starting your own business, have you?

One of the biggest impediments to starting or expanding a business (i.e., more jobs) is that the cost of hiring new employees is severely front-loaded. The full cost of benefits like health insurance starts on day one, and most employer taxes are capped, meaning the full amount of most employer-paid taxes are regressively assessed against the lower pay levels of new employees. Obamacare has exacerbated this situation, causing many employers to switch their workforce from full-time to part-time employees.

These disincentivizing tax and insurance policies should be changed so that they distribute costs among a company's entire payroll rather than per employee. This would include eliminating the cap (but lowering the rate) on employer contributions to Social Security and applying Obamacare taxes/penalties on a percentage of payroll rather than per employee.

Forum List

Back