Starting my own business has not been a pretty ride..makes me hate the government.

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
What a joke - My business just received another threat of force letter from the state government (Colorado Department of Labor and Employment), listing the unemployment insurance rate for 2013 - the rate that I must pay to ensure that in case I fire myself, the government will send money back to me personally to take care of me during the tough times, so I guess I don't need to save for myself - the nanny's got my back. Interestingly at the bottom, they bribe me with this message "You can get a lower rate for 2013 if you have a computed rate and are up-to-date with all of your payments. (I am). To get a lower rate, you must make an extra payment called a 'voluntary payment.' This payment must be received my March 14, 2013. See the voluntary-payment instructions form in this packet."

WHAT A JOKE! Think of it like someone holding a gun to your head and saying, 'don't worry, if you voluntarily give me your money I won't shoot you.'

Thoughts to ponder:
1) Should people be responsible for themselves and save money to account for potential time in which they might become unemployed, or should the state & federal government be on top of it for you - using force to create another burden on employers. Keep in mind the latter creates extra costs and - who are we kidding - your wage will be lower anyways to compensate - not to mention government inefficiency given the possibility that they ever do pay out to you (after you sign-up through their paperwork process)... So is government force the answer?

2) Should government threaten force in the middle of a voluntary interaction and contract? i.e. "Hi 16 year old that has no work experience and is looking for extra money to take your girlfriend out on the weekend - what's that you say? You are looking for side work? You're wanting to voluntarily form an agreement in which you do six hours of work for my business on Saturdays for $5/hr? Sorry, due to government threatening to lock me in a cage if I don't pay you $7.25 in addition to filling out hours of paperwork, I cannot give you this work and instead you will be left with nothing including no girlfriend - so go back and play games in your mom's basement until you're 26.

3) Is your labor your property? Are the fruits of your labor (income) your property?

4) Should you do with your income what you please or should 51%+ of the population be able to hire a force agent in which they take it and decide how to use it for you, and then give it back when you're older and they feel like it?

Also, I wanted to hire some independent contractors for a few days of work, but due to the ~$1k in unemployment insurance alone that has been confiscated by force this year, I have foregone this. Unseen consequences are always the worst.

Last edited:
Plus you have to wash your hands. What a drag.

Most regulations are mandated by the court. They also protect you, not just people FROM you.

Plus you have to wash your hands. What a drag.

Most regulations are mandated by the court. They also protect you, not just people FROM you.

The elites really were successful in dividing the country into the providers and the takers huh? How unfortunate.

It does kind of suck living in a system that requires lawyers and accountants to be on retainer before a guy can go in to business for himself.

:eusa_think: Unless you're a guy who can afford lawyers and accountants... then it works in your favor.

Favoritism sucks.

I owned two business before I took my dream job with NASA. Sir, you need to sack up and or pick a new market to look into.

I recently just opened a dog grooming shop and next door im renting a shop that will allow me to do a doggy day care/ boarding. Its been profitable only three months in. I employ 4 people and pay their insurance out of pocket because I care for the people who make money for me and work very hard. I have paid Holidays and up to 10 sick days a year.

IDK what complaining will get you. Not much I rekon.

Last edited:
What a joke - My business just received another threat of force letter from the state government (Colorado Department of Labor and Employment), listing the unemployment insurance rate for 2013 - the rate that I must pay to ensure that in case I fire myself, the government will send money back to me personally to take care of me during the tough times, so I guess I don't need to save for myself - the nanny's got my back. Interestingly at the bottom, they bribe me with this message "You can get a lower rate for 2013 if you have a computed rate and are up-to-date with all of your payments. (I am). To get a lower rate, you must make an extra payment called a 'voluntary payment.' This payment must be received my March 14, 2013. See the voluntary-payment instructions form in this packet."

WHAT A JOKE! Think of it like someone holding a gun to your head and saying, 'don't worry, if you voluntarily give me your money I won't shoot you.'

Thoughts to ponder:
1) Should people be responsible for themselves and save money to account for potential time in which they might become unemployed, or should the state & federal government be on top of it for you - using force to create another burden on employers. Keep in mind the latter creates extra costs and - who are we kidding - your wage will be lower anyways to compensate - not to mention government inefficiency given the possibility that they ever do pay out to you (after you sign-up through their paperwork process)... So is government force the answer?

2) Should government threaten force in the middle of a voluntary interaction and contract? i.e. "Hi 16 year old that has no work experience and is looking for extra money to take your girlfriend out on the weekend - what's that you say? You are looking for side work? You're wanting to voluntarily form an agreement in which you do six hours of work for my business on Saturdays for $5/hr? Sorry, due to government threatening to lock me in a cage if I don't pay you $7.25 in addition to filling out hours of paperwork, I cannot give you this work and instead you will be left with nothing including no girlfriend - so go back and play games in your mom's basement until you're 26.

3) Is your labor your property? Are the fruits of your labor (income) your property?

4) Should you do with your income what you please or should 51%+ of the population be able to hire a force agent in which they take it and decide how to use it for you, and then give it back when you're older and they feel like it?

Also, I wanted to hire some independent contractors for a few days of work, but due to the ~$1k in unemployment insurance alone that has been confiscated by force this year, I have foregone this. Unseen consequences are always the worst.

Hey, just remember, the costs and risks and headaches you're facing are your own fault, because you didn't build that business, you're not as smart as you think you are, and you don't work as hard as you think you do.

Hope that lightens the load a bit.

I owned two business before I took my dream job with NASA. Sir, you need to sack up and or pick a new market to look into.

I recently just opened a dog grooming shop and next door im renting a shop that will allow me to do a doggy day care/ boarding. Its been profitable only three months in. I employ 4 people and pay their insurance out of pocket because I care for the people who make money for me and work very hard. I have paid Holidays and up to 10 sick days a year.

IDK what complaining will get you. Not much I rekon.

I work for myself and have to pay unemployment insurance. How is this not absurd?

Thoughts to ponder:

Hey, just remember, the costs and risks and headaches you're facing are your own fault, because you didn't build that business, you're not as smart as you think you are, and you don't work as hard as you think you do.

Hope that lightens the load a bit.

There it is again. Another attempt to imbed a lie into a post........by acknowledging it as though it were a given.

I work for myself and have to pay unemployment insurance. How is this not absurd?

Its absurd however, what can you do. I appreciate all the things my govt, state govt and local govt provide me, I pay in, I also use every tool at my expense.

When I began my first Business in 2003, I was scared shitless man, im liberal as they come and from what I was told liberals dont understand business. Well, that's just pure stupidity now that I have done quite well.

Dude, there are a lot of unfair things in this world, your situation being just one example. You have to pull yourself up and do whats right. If its the law of the land, then do with it.

Have you considered moving to a new state. FL has some awesome programs for people like you. Look into it, be flexible, be patient and mostly, be aggressive and never say never. Dont let the negativity get to you man.

Its absurd however, what can you do. I appreciate all the things my govt, state govt and local govt provide me, I pay in, I also use every tool at my expense.

When I began my first Business in 2003, I was scared shitless man, im liberal as they come and from what I was told liberals dont understand business. Well, that's just pure stupidity now that I have done quite well.

Dude, there are a lot of unfair things in this world, your situation being just one example. You have to pull yourself up and do whats right. If its the law of the land, then do with it.

Have you considered moving to a new state. FL has some awesome programs for people like you. Look into it, be flexible, be patient and mostly, be aggressive and never say never. Dont let the negativity get to you man.

Nah man, it's highway robbery. Sitting around taking the government dick up your ass without even a little protest is how the government dick gets bigger (Sorry for the gross comparison). I'm going to do it but I am still going to protest it and try to change it. Just taking it is the same as giving them reason to make shit even harder.

lol, I hear you OP, I really do. I had to pay a 4k fine for not doing certain things the was the FL state govt wanted me too. I paid up ASAP and in good faith and now have a great working relationship with the local inspector.

I thought his call was wrong, however, hes the man and I prefer to stay off the "mans" radar if you follow me.

Its tough out there bud, I hear you. Its gotten worse and worse since 2000 as far as im concerned. However, this dog grooming enterpirse I have begun, I had my wife use her name to start the company, in FL a woman owned business gets mad tax breaks and I take full advantage. Try and think outside the box and work the system man, just like the system tries to work you.

Last edited:
People like me?
I have never sued anyone or anything.

The only time I have ever dealt with lawyers was on property transfers.

lol, I hear you OP, I really do. I had to pay a 4k fine for not doing certain things the was the FL state govt wanted me too. I paid up ASAP and in good faith and now have a great working relationship with the local inspector.

I thought his call was wrong, however, hes the man and I prefer to stay off the "mans" radar if you follow me.

Its tough out there bud, I hear you. Its gotten worse and worse since 2000 as far as im concerned. However, this dog grooming enterpirse I have begun, I had my wife use her name to start the company, in FL a woman owned business gets mad tax breaks and I take full advantage. Try and think outside the box and work the system man, just like the system tries to work you.

Well hey, if it doesn't work out, maybe you could give me a job, I've always wanted to move to FL.

yes sir OP. Do you have any technical skills? Shoot, I know of job opening on Ascension island in the south Atlantic. Its tax free pay and you get a top level security clearance which means you will get paid decent money. Its solid work.

When my expansion of the grooming shop is done, I will have 3 slots to fill, full time and benefits.

If I can help just let me know.

dice.com, WOW, best job site ever, please check it out. Its awesome!

yes sir OP. Do you have any technical skills? Shoot, I know of job opening on Ascension island in the south Atlantic. Its tax free pay and you get a top level security clearance which means you will get paid decent money. Its solid work.

When my expansion of the grooming shop is done, I will have 3 slots to fill, full time and benefits.

If I can help just let me know.

dice.com, WOW, best job site ever, please check it out. Its awesome!

2060593-851ac22e_d61912a9_cant-tell-if-serious.jpeg

Well you have to go to my websites too then!

http://playpianoking.com/
http://pianokeyz.com/ (In development, the guy on the piano in the vid is not me...i don't have girly hair)
http://savvyhoster.com/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back