Start of a GREAT WEEK~Liberals Go Ballistic As Senate Advances 17 Federal Judges

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Liberals are going nuts. They’re furious. All because President Donald Trump is doing exactly what he said he’d do during his campaign and is reshaping the judiciary in the United States.

The Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday advanced the nominations of 17 of President Donald Trump’s judicial nominees, including a Ninth Circuit pick who faced questions about his ties to California.

Daniel Bress received approval from the committee with a 12-10 vote, over the objections of Senators Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris, both California Democrats, who said Bress does not have close enough ties to California to occupy one of the state’s seats on the Ninth Circuit. [Harris didn’t even bother to question him.]

“It’s not a debate about whether his views are within the legal mainstream or what his opinions are on various issues,” Feinstein, the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, said Thursday. “This is a factual discussion about whether he is a California attorney and the facts are clear he is not.”

Specific seats on the federal appeals courts are generally reserved for specific states within the circuit, but the practice is a tradition and not a legal requirement.

(Excerpt) Read more at nworeport.me ...

“over the objections of Senators Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris, both California Democrats, who said Bress does not have close enough ties to California to occupy one of the state’s seats on the Ninth Circuit.”

I guess I read a different version of the Constitution. Might you have a copy of the version that says all 9th Circuit Judges have to be from California, or at least have close ties to California? I can’t seem to find it anywhere on the Internet.

Liberals are going nuts. They’re furious. All because President Donald Trump is doing exactly what he said he’d do during his campaign and is reshaping the judiciary in the United States.

The Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday advanced the nominations of 17 of President Donald Trump’s judicial nominees, including a Ninth Circuit pick who faced questions about his ties to California.

Daniel Bress received approval from the committee with a 12-10 vote, over the objections of Senators Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris, both California Democrats, who said Bress does not have close enough ties to California to occupy one of the state’s seats on the Ninth Circuit. [Harris didn’t even bother to question him.]

“It’s not a debate about whether his views are within the legal mainstream or what his opinions are on various issues,” Feinstein, the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, said Thursday. “This is a factual discussion about whether he is a California attorney and the facts are clear he is not.”

Specific seats on the federal appeals courts are generally reserved for specific states within the circuit, but the practice is a tradition and not a legal requirement.

(Excerpt) Read more at nworeport.me ...

“over the objections of Senators Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris, both California Democrats, who said Bress does not have close enough ties to California to occupy one of the state’s seats on the Ninth Circuit.”

I guess I read a different version of the Constitution. Might you have a copy of the version that says all 9th Circuit Judges have to be from California, or at least have close ties to California? I can’t seem to find it anywhere on the Internet.

Guess its a bad day for folks who favor Congressional power vs Presidential?

Or do the words "Liberal" and "Conservative" have new meanings today?

Forum List

Back