Start celebrating!

swizzlee

RedWhiteAndBlue
Jan 8, 2011
on a mountain
The University of Colorado just came out with their study that predicts the presidential winner. They have apparently never been wrong in the 32 yrs they've been doing this.

Romney - 53% and 313? EV [I think I caught that number right]
Obama - 47%

Apparently there is one predictor that has been fairly reliable thru the years and that is that an incumbent will get the same % of the vote as his job approval rating. That pretty much matches the U of C study.

This was just on the news so have no link.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I won't get cocky..........

as long as you don't make wild-eyed predictions that the O will pull this out...........somehow. :)

President Romney and Vice President Ryan. Sounds nice, doesn't it? Thirty two years? Sounds great!!! Think I'll go to the tavern!

While I'd like nothing better than to see Obutthead and company be given the boot come November, never, ever, ever count your chickens before they've hatched.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Being a numbers cruncher............

I've worked my own purely amateur figures and have already come to the conclusion that R&R "should" win and possibly handily.

Yes, the whole world could come to an end but I don't waste my time fretting about unanticipated "surprises."

I'm just delighted to see someone with the experience and success rate confirm my feeble efforts.

I have a serious question.

Why would people elect Romney for a possible 8 years when they would only have Obama for 4 more? They are damn near identical. In anything that matters they are the same...

I have a serious question.

Why would people elect Romney for a possible 8 years when they would only have Obama for 4 more? They are damn near identical. In anything that matters they are the same...

Anyone who says they are "Damn near identical" hasnt bothered to actually analyze anything they stand for IMHO.

I think most people would disagree with you..............

While I suspect your sense that they're both the same comes from the cynicism many people feel about politics and politicians, as individuals they are wildly different both personally and idealogically.

I think most people would disagree with you..............

While I suspect your sense that they're both the same comes from the cynicism many people feel about politics and politicians, as individuals they are wildly different both personally and idealogically.
Personally both are elitist snobs.Ideology they are both big government. All I need to know there.

575499_251669688279812_257084033_n.jpg

They are damn near identical

The University of Colorado just came out with their study that predicts the presidential winner. They have apparently never been wrong in the 32 yrs they've been doing this.

Romney - 53% and 313? EV [I think I caught that number right]
Obama - 47%

Apparently there is one predictor that has been fairly reliable thru the years and that is that an incumbent will get the same % of the vote as his job approval rating.

What kind of crackpot shit is this?

Clinton had a 58 percent job approval rating in October 1996, and won the election with 49 percent of the vote.

Also, what about 2000 and 2008 when there were no incumbents running?

Then why bother asking the question?

Personally I feel with your overall attitude, you should probably not vote at all or vote for some no-name if you wish to feel like you contributed to the process.

Are you deliberately being obtuse?

The match to one's job approval is viable only for incumbents who would have an existing job approval rate in a one-on-one race. Clinton ran against 2 challengers.

The study has evaluated every presidential race sinc 1980 egardless of whether one of the candidates is an incumbent or there's more than 2 candidates.

Perhaps you should have read the article in my link.

Forum List

Back