'Stars Earn Stripes' - Criticized by coven of Nobel Prize winners

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
sounds kind of lame to me. I am stretching to remember their critique of Obama ala lauding Osamas killing, drone attacks etc.....most especially because he was given a Nobel....oh wait, I get it now...;)

'Stars Earn Stripes'

Review of NBC’s Stars Earn Stripes | Entertainment | TIME.com

NBC defends ‘Stars Earn Stripes’ show after Nobel laureates including Tutu criticize it

By Associated Press, Published: August 13

NEW YORK — NBC is defending its new series “Stars Earn Stripes” after nine Nobel Peace Prize winners complained the show treats military maneuvers like athletic events.

Archbishop Desmond Tutu and the other Nobel laureates protested Monday in an open letter that the show glorifies war and armed violence.

NBC says the show isn’t “a glorification of war, but a glorification of service.”

The series premieres on NBC on Monday night. It pairs celebrity participants with U.S. military personnel for simulated military challenges.

The letter was sent to NBC boss Robert Greenblatt and others connected with the show. It declares “preparing for war is neither amusing nor entertaining.” It calls for NBC to stop airing the series.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ba17a2-e587-11e1-9739-eef99c5fb285_story.html

The Nobel process is a shame so screw them.

The show though was good. Lots of action, some eye candy, a Navy Corpsman, and Todd Palin showing the world what a stud he is.

I look forward to the next episode.

The show though was good. Lots of action, some eye candy, a Navy Corpsman, and Todd Palin showing the world what a stud he is.

:lol: I caught the beginning of that and he WAS a stud!

We ended up turning the channel after the first commercial break though...

Didnt we just have the olympics? Do these people know what most of the core olympic sports are descendents of?

Ill give you an easy one.... Javalin throw.

:lol: I caught the beginning of that and he WAS a stud!

We ended up turning the channel after the first commercial break though...

I watched the whole thing. It is scripted and the live fire and explosions are obviously controlled but I was entertained. I'm not a big Wesley Clark fan but thought his role was decently played. The WWE diva is a stunner and she did better physically than I thought she would. Picabo Street is not aging well but she did good as well.

Ar you all going to pretend that this "reality show" is NOT a huge and nasty loughey spat directly in the faces of REAL soldiers?

There is no low too low for you.

Ar you all going to pretend that this "reality show" is NOT a huge and nasty loughey spat directly in the faces of REAL soldiers?

I spent 26 years as a "real" soldier, actually Navy Corpsman, and the prior military on the show did their time as well. The celebrities are playing for military and law enforcement charities.

If you don't like the show, don't watch it.

I spent 26 years as a "real" soldier, actually Navy Corpsman, and the prior military on the show did their time as well. The celebrities are playing for military and law enforcement charities.

Yeah, I don't get why people are so outraged over it... :dunno:

From what I saw, it didn't seem like a glorification of war or a glorification of violence, but more a glorification of service and an appreciation for what a soldier endures...

"Stars Earn Stripes," NBC's military-themed reality competition show in which celebrities compete in a series of physical challenges ...

The show, which features former Delta Force, Navy SEALS, Green Berets and Marines training celebrities such as Nick Lachey, Todd Palin and WWE wrestler Eve Torres in everything from helicopter drops to long-range weapons firing ...

On Monday, nine Nobel Peace Prize winners, including Bishop Desmond Tutu sent a letter to NBC Entertainment Chairman Bob Greenblatt, producer Mark Burnett and host retired U.S. Army General Wesley Clark, among others, calling for NBC to cancel the program.

According to Associated Press, the Nobel Laureates protested the show on the grounds that it glorifies war and violence.

In a statement, NBC responded, saying, "'Stars Earn Stripes' is about thanking the young Americans who are in harm’s way every day. This show is not a glorification of war, but a glorification of service."

'Stars Earn Stripes' receives criticism from veterans - latimes.com

From what I saw, it didn't seem like a glorification of war or a glorification of violence, but more a glorification of service and an appreciation for what a soldier endures...

"Stars Earn Stripes," NBC's military-themed reality competition show in which celebrities compete in a series of physical challenges ...

The show, which features former Delta Force, Navy SEALS, Green Berets and Marines training celebrities such as Nick Lachey, Todd Palin and WWE wrestler Eve Torres in everything from helicopter drops to long-range weapons firing ...

On Monday, nine Nobel Peace Prize winners, including Bishop Desmond Tutu sent a letter to NBC Entertainment Chairman Bob Greenblatt, producer Mark Burnett and host retired U.S. Army General Wesley Clark, among others, calling for NBC to cancel the program.

According to Associated Press, the Nobel Laureates protested the show on the grounds that it glorifies war and violence.

In a statement, NBC responded, saying, "'Stars Earn Stripes' is about thanking the young Americans who are in harm’s way every day. This show is not a glorification of war, but a glorification of service."

It's a fucking CARTOON of what our military deals with, where actors, who are perfectly able to ENLIST are shown pretending to go through what our real military deal with on a daily basis, reducing their service to our country to a video game, worse, a game show.

But hey, support that shit. You're despickable.

Whore

Whore

Go take your meds dumbass.

It's a fucking CARTOON of what our military deals with, where actors, who are perfectly able to ENLIST are shown pretending to go through what our real military deal with on a daily basis, reducing their service to our country to a video game, worse, a game show.

First, actual military people are doing this with them. Each star gets a "buddy" who has either military or police experience.

Second:

nazi.jpg

First, actual military people are doing this with them. Each star gets a "buddy" who has either military or police experience.

Second:

nazi.jpg

:up_yours:

It's just OK as entertainment but it's all in a good cause. Real money for good charities.

Hell, it's NBC honoring our troops and what they do for us. Enjoy it while it last. In a handful of months President Romney will be sworn in and Hollywood (and the rest) will be back to demeaning our soldiers and "anti-war" protesters will be back in style.

I wasn't going to watch this stupid show, but I am tempted to now that I know it upsets a bunch of idiots.

Second:

nazi.jpg

:up_yours:

:lol: Aww..Aren't you sweet...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Z2MP8vMWU]That's Despicable - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back