Starr Jones gets FIRED!!

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
Who gives a shit whether she is gone from a TV show that nobody I know whatches??? I think the legal arena may get interesting as a major network pulls the plug on an African American woman, who claims a medical condition forced her to lose weight... Hmmmmm???

Not renewed, not given a new contract, not hugged kissed, and beg to stay... No matter how you say it,, Jones needs to find a job.

Now.. If what we heard on LKING tonight is accurate,, she had since 04/21 or 04/25 to come up with a better scam. She should have read the writing on the wall as far back as November of 05.. So.. With the departure window known to all parties, and the she was given a promise to write her own exit script,,, why didn't she exercise her options, without using such a clandestine move?(allowing a competitor to gain inside info while still legally employed by her past employer(ABC), and providing exclusionary protections to such material (not favorable to ABC)that would/could be reasonably considered valuable to ABC)

In my humble opinion,, she has no leg to stand on. And,, probably burned those invisible bridges she would need to launch any new career in TV.

Howard must be loving this on space radio.:gives:

Mr.Conley said:
Who is Starr Jones?
She's someone that the popular culture expects us to believe is important. She probably is right up there in importance with Paris Hilton, Brittany Spears and Angelina Jolie. I believe her and Barbara "Wa-Wa" Walters are having a tiff....

But, as Rhett Butler so aptly put it, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"

P.S. Frankly, I can't decide which has done more these women's careers... plastic surgery, or (in the cases of the white girls) hair bleach?

P.P.S. I wanted to think of something more sexist, homophobic and racist, but, I have to take a shower and I have to get some things done around the house and I don't have the time today. :):):)

But she is being replaced with Rosie O'Donnel! :wtf:
Guess what demagraphic group they're trying to target?
They're competing with Ellen on Daytime TV.

( I think I've watched the show all of......8 minutes)

Joz said:
But she is being replaced with Rosie O'Donnel! :wtf:
Guess what demagraphic group they're trying to target?
They're competing with Ellen on Daytime TV.

( I think I've watched the show all of......8 minutes)
Oh, are lesbians a big draw on day time TV?

Do lesbians watch day time TV? I thought they'd be at work! No "happy housewife" routine for them! After all, that wouldn't be liberated! What would the N.O.W. think? Oh yes, I forgot about Tivo!

Actually, I believe that straight women like Rosie and Ellen in spite of their sexual orientation. Ya see, in spite of the gay activists' claims, Americans really are tolerant and willing to overlook that sort of thing. And no, they really aren't an oppressed minority!

And guess what, we've known that many of entertainers were gay for generations and didn't care either! Examples such as Liberace, Rock Hudson come to mind. Sure, "it was rumored" for years, but everyone knew.

That poor couch. It finally thought it'd get a little relief when they got rid of Starr Jones, but then they hired Rosie O'Donnell. I bet that poor thing has to retire early.

As for what Karl said, I agree. I mean, sure, Ellen Degeneres is a lesbian, and I think that's wrong. However, most comedians are know to take the name of God in vain on a regular basis. They also drink, smoke, swear, talk about all the unmarried sex they have, etc., etc., all of which I think is wrong. However, Ellen Degeneres is hilarious, so I like to see her stuff, anyway. Rosie, on the other hand, has turned into a screeching harpy, a fat, screeching harpy. I can't stand to listen to her squawk anymore. I has nothing to do with sexual orientation, as I feel the same way about Barbara Boxer and Hillary Clinton.

KarlMarx said:
Oh, are lesbians a big draw on day time TV?
Do lesbians watch day time TV? .....
Actually, I believe that straight women like Rosie and Ellen in spite of their sexual orientation. Ya see, in spite of the gay activists' claims, Americans really are tolerant and willing to overlook that sort of thing. And no, they really aren't an oppressed minority!

And guess what, we've known that many of entertainers were gay for generations and didn't care either! Examples such as Liberace, Rock Hudson come to mind. Sure, "it was rumored" for years, but everyone knew.
How would I know??? But I'm assuming someone has to play the wife.
Sure women like Ellen, probably more than Rosie, because they're.....women. Ellen talks about women stuff; how hot/cute this actor is.... what she did last night. We try to ignore it was with a girl.

We suspected about actors in the past. But it was never so blatantly displayed before us as though it is some kind of special honor bestowed upon them.
If this is what you choose to do, so be it. But I don't have to support it.

Hobbit said:
... I mean, sure, Ellen Degeneres is a lesbian, and I think that's wrong.... Ellen Degeneres is hilarious, so I like to see her stuff, anyway. Rosie, on the other hand, has turned into a screeching harpy, a fat, screeching harpy....
So then, you think it's okay to condone their behavior when you like them; think they're funny?

Joz said:
So then, you think it's okay to condone their behavior when you like them; think they're funny?

Please tell me you're joking. That looks like a NYT quote, but just in case:

Of course I don't condone the behavior. I watch the stuff because it's funny. Love the sinner, hate the sin, right? If I thought that somehow my watching "Finding Nemo" or one of her comedy routines would be construed as supporting the homosexual lifestyle by reasonable people, I probably wouldn't do it.

Hobbit said:
Please tell me you're joking. That looks like a NYT quote, but just in case:

Of course I don't condone the behavior. I watch the stuff because it's funny. Love the sinner, hate the sin, right? If I thought that somehow my watching "Finding Nemo" or one of her comedy routines would be construed as supporting the homosexual lifestyle by reasonable people, I probably wouldn't do it.
No, I was serious. But you're probably right, if we delved hard enough, we'd probably find that most of the things we watch, eat, use, put money into the pockets of those lifestyles we disapprove of.

Actually, Rosie was hired to take Meredith Viera's place, who left the view to take Katie Couric's place on the Today show, who left to take Tom Brokaw's place on the NBC news. That's the rundown. I don't give a crap about any of it frankly, but I figured I'd give you the lineage. :lalala:

acludem

That's right, I stand corrected, Katie jumped ship to CBS to take over for Bob Schieffer who took over for Dan Rather temporarily. :scratch:

acludem

I didn't know we had that many people who tuned into the talk shows. I think Katie Curic and the rest can go have a tuna taco or something cause I don't watch any of them.

LOU DOBBS for President!!

There was a hard core liberal nightly news anchor who screwed up and told some bullshit to the public in an attempt to turn a presidential election. He got canned and replaced by another hard core liberal morning time show host who will draw less liberals to watch the nightly news than the original one did. Then to replace the one liberal they brought in another liberal who was replaced by another liberal who got help from another liberal to get the job that another liberal was up fpr but was replaced anyway by another liberal who got that job from another liberal who worked in a liberal industry.

This little Liberal went to market,

This little stayed home,

This little liberal had tuna instead of roasted beef,

This little liberal had none, (but got a govt check)

This little liberal went weee...weeee..we all the way to CNN.

Wait a minute... I didn't mention how good looking Paula Zahn was.....

Forum List

Back