"Stark and Dreadful and Inescapable..."

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Ask yourselves if Albert Einstein, Bertrand Russell, and HG Wells could be wrong about anything as important as war.

Fifty-four years ago, Al & Bert wrote an open letter about a choice facing the world described by the three words in the above title. "...shall we put an end to humanity; or shall mankind renounce war?"

With 20 percent of the local economy in many congressional districts dependent of war spending, humanity is looking like a real long shot in the Land of the Free.

My solution is to Flush the DC Toilet in 2010!

Vote against every single congressional incumbent running in next November's midterms.

Replace as many incumbents as possible with candidates who are neither Republican nor Democrats.

And you will get a republican majority , they LOVE war spending you fool.

Ask yourselves if Albert Einstein, Bertrand Russell, and HG Wells could be wrong about anything as important as war.

Fifty-four years ago, Al & Bert wrote an open letter about a choice facing the world described by the three words in the above title. "...shall we put an end to humanity; or shall mankind renounce war?"

With 20 percent of the local economy in many congressional districts dependent of war spending, humanity is looking like a real long shot in the Land of the Free.

My solution is to Flush the DC Toilet in 2010!

Vote against every single congressional incumbent running in next November's midterms.

Replace as many incumbents as possible with candidates who are neither Republican nor Democrats.
Welcome to USMB. Your solution to replace all incumbents has been advocated before...never happened to my knowledge, even with an attempt to exchange Democrats for Republicans and vice versa. Changing to third and fourth party congressmen is a far fetched dream.

About 64 years ago, Japan renounced war and changed its constitution to preclude it. Japan has done well economically for several decades, so it can be done. Unfortunately, the government of Japan is considering changing the constitution to once again allow war.

Personally, I feel a big war coming, not necessarily from Japan...they will be one of our allies against the collectivist nations.

He said he'd like to replace them all with some other party's candidates...meaning third or fourth parties. This will not happen.

I am wondering what party he favors. I'm guessing the Green (front for the Communist) Party.

It makes for quite a window into the soul of this forum, that when someone makes a politically neutral statement ("replace incumbents regardless of party") each one of you savages assume that the poster was the political opposite of you. Some liberal ahole accused him of being conservative, and some conservative ahole accused him of being a communist.
What's wrong with you people?
This is precisely why level-headed independent thinkers are through with your two-party bu!!$hit. Ideologues have no place in a rational discussion as far as I'm concerned, and even though I disagree in every possible way with the Green Party (I'm a libertarian), I would still rather see a Green Party member elected than a Democrat or Republican, if only because you can have an intelligent conversation with them that isn't ruled by political melodrama.

I know a Green party candidate for Congress last election. I am yet to be able to have an intelligent conversation with him.

And what if war is the racket Natural Selection employs to put and end to humanity?

strangerlovebomb.jpg

Fiscal conservatives need to be swept in, not moderate/liberal pork barrellers who got us INTO this mess.

Fiscal conservatives get the point that we can't afford diddly right now and are going to have to gut the government gravy train just to survive.

Life's gonna suck for the next decade. And I mean REALLY suck.

Forum List

Back