Starbucks

Fmr jarhead said:
I heard you the first time, but maybe you did not understand what I wrote.....

They do not owe me, nor any like minded members of the service, anything....I have enough respect for our system to know that I am not OWED anything by anyone....that is the best part about our country. You can disagree with anything about it, and still have the freedom to express it.

Now, on the other hand, if someone does have gratitude for service members, it is greatly appreciated.

Does that make sense?

I agree nobody owes anybody anything and for the record, I never said Starbucks owes the troops anything either. I just take exception to their hiding behind the IRS. If they don't want to do it, they should just say, "hey, we value our money more so we don't want to send the troops anything. We will just let our employees send the troops their coffee and we will then take he credit for it."

I guess I can even agree that even gratitude isn't OWED.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Is this the rumor that said they were charging 9/11 victims for water???
I still don't buy Starbucks because of that.
So was there any truth to this one???

Sir Evil said:
STARBUCKS COFFE SUCKS anyway! I buy the cheapest shit in the store and it tastes better!:D

Amen !!------The economy (that the libs said was going down the tubes) can't be all that bad if people are paying those incredibly high prices for a stupid ass cup of joe. Gimme the store brand any old day.

I hate the taste of Starbucks coffee. Tastes like burning tires smell, to me.

Starbucks doesn't owe me or any other vet a damned thing. I dont have to agree with their stance on the war or anything else for that matter.

On the other hand, I dont have to agree with them either. Aint the US neat???

JOKER96BRAVO said:
So was there any truth to this one???

Yeah, JB, that was on snopes as well. They did charge the rescue workers inflated prices for cases of water. However, Starbucks (IMO, again dodging the heat) blamed it on a lower level employee. They did, in fact, refund the money, but that was only after every attempt by those same workers to make the story public.

Like you, I still do not buy Starbucks because of that. In fact, the story of them refusing to send the coffee doenst surprise me.

The point of this thread is being missed by those arguing in Starbucks favor.... I believe no one is saying Starbucks "owes" anything, however, I am a non-veteran full time employee of a hospital. Even I, on a limited budget, found the time and money to donate care packages to our military personnel..... not because I felt "obligated" to, because I wanted to. I agree with (whoever said it).... its not the "obligation" they should feel, its the "gratitude".

This is what Starbucks wrote back to me...

------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for taking the time to contact Starbucks regarding coffee donations to those serving in our armed forces.

Starbucks has the deepest respect and admiration for U.S. military personnel. We are extremely grateful to the men and women who serve stateside or overseas. We sincerely appreciate that they are willing to risk their lives to protect Americans and our values of freedom and democracy. While Starbucks as a company cannot directly donate to military personnel, many of our partners (employees) show their support by donating coffee.

Recently, there was an e-mail circulating the internet that contained misinformation about Starbucks and our support of the military. Starbucks was able to locate the author who turned out to be a Marine Sergeant. He was very grateful that we contacted him and apologized for any misunderstanding, as he did not intend to spread the rumor. He subsequently sent an e-mail to his original distribution list correcting his mistake, which I've included at the end of this e-mail.

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify Starbucks policy regarding charitable contributions. We are able to donate to nonprofit organizations that are designated as public charities under Section 501(c) (3) of the IRS Code, including public libraries and schools. The U.S. military or individual military personnel do not qualify as a public charity.

However, on an individual level, many Starbucks partners have collected and shipped numerous pounds of Starbucks coffee overseas. Starbucks partners receive one pound of free coffee each week as an employee benefit (known as "partner mark-out"). Many of our partners have elected to send their weekly mark-out of coffee to members of the military or military families, and related organizations.

As an example of this generosity, our partners in our Atascadero, California store sent their weekly mark out coffee to troops in Afghanistan so they are able to enjoy a little piece of home. Our customer relations department in Seattle donated hundreds of pounds of coffee to the sailors in the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier group. These are just a few examples of our partners supporting the troops. We recognize and appreciate the very personal connection that customers have with us and how they might miss their Starbucks Experience while overseas.

Thank you again for writing. We ask you to accept our deepest appreciation to servicemen and women and hope you remain a valued Starbucks customer. If you have any additional feedback or would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us at (800) 235-2883 or email us at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Shenae H.

Starbucks Coffee Company

------------------------------------------------------------

Just because the President of Starbucks isnt sending troops free coffee( and who knows maybe he his for all one knows...) I would have to say that Starbucks on the whole is doing just fine sending whatever they can. And if Customer Service doesn't qualify as being "Starbucks" I dont know what does. I mean starbucks still has to be accountable to its public. I dont think stockholders would want all their profits given away.

Patriot said:
And if Customer Service doesn't qualify as being "Starbucks" I dont know what does.

You must have missed this part in the letter.....

Our customer relations department in Seattle donated hundreds of pounds of coffee to the sailors in the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier group. These are just a few examples of our partners supporting the troops.

...many of our partners (employees)....

Again, their "partners" are their employees. So once again, they are taking credit for something their EMPLOYEES are doing.

Wal-Mart and other corporations don't want "all their profits given away" but they are giving to the troops and the families of the troops.

Anyway, my position on this is that they need to quit hiding behind the IRS and just come out and say, "we don't want to give, as our shareholders' profits are more important" or something along that line. Also, they need to stop taking credit for the actions of their employees. That is NOT the same as the corporation giving.

Frankly, I don't think Starbucks cares as they know that most (enlisted anyway) soldiers can't afford their coffee. Places like Wal-Mart are being more proactive because a LOT of soldiers and their families shop at Wal-Mart. I just wish Starbuck would be more upfront about it all. That is all.

I have to point out that Home Depot has a program to help soldier's families too. They have been great around here about helping families and soldiers out...everything from disounts on merchandise to sending out repairmen to fix things around the apartment/house while hubby is deployed.

CSM said:
I have to point out that Home Depot has a program to help soldier's families too. They have been great around here about helping families and soldiers out...everything from disounts on merchandise to sending out repairmen to fix things around the apartment/house while hubby is deployed.

Again, another sign of the arrogance of Starbucks in my opinion. Starbucks figures that GI's can't afford to buy their coffee on a regular basis, so why try to cater to them. They would prefer cater to the SUV driving, cultural elites of the left than to a bunch of barely above poverty GIs.

I was in Starbucks this past weekend getting their Hot apple cider drink, and I noticed all the long faces of the libs who spend their time sitting in the winged back chairs with their laptops open reading Liberal rags like Lefty Coast Times, plotting their revenge on the rest of us, loving to listen to themselves talk about nothing but swearing they are brilliant...........No I won't be going there anymore!!

Was that out loud???? :tng:

Forum List

Back