Starbucks

J

janeeng

My Dad sent me this by email today! I thought it would be nice to share with all of you!

NO MORE STARBUCKS FOR ME!!!!!

Please pass this along to anyone you know, this needs to get
out in the open.

Recently Marines over in Iraq supporting this country in
OIF wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked
their coffee and try to score some free coffee grounds. Starbucks wrote
back telling the Marines thanks for their support in their business, but tha they don't support the War and anyone in it and that they won't send
them the Coffee.
So as not to offend them we should not support in buying any Starbucks
products. As a War vet and writing to you patriots I feel we should get this
out in the open. I know this War might not be very popular with some folks,
but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting
street to street and house to house for what they and I believe is
right.
If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can
discard it and I'll never know. Thanks very much for your support to me, and I
know you'll all be there again here soon when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis,

Sgt Howard C. Wright
1st Force Recon Co
1st Plt PLT RTO

janeeng said:
My Dad sent me this by email today! I thought it would be nice to share with all of you!

NO MORE STARBUCKS FOR ME!!!!!

Please pass this along to anyone you know, this needs to get
out in the open.

Recently Marines over in Iraq supporting this country in
OIF wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked
their coffee and try to score some free coffee grounds. Starbucks wrote
back telling the Marines thanks for their support in their business, but tha they don't support the War and anyone in it and that they won't send
them the Coffee.
So as not to offend them we should not support in buying any Starbucks
products. As a War vet and writing to you patriots I feel we should get this
out in the open. I know this War might not be very popular with some folks,
but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting
street to street and house to house for what they and I believe is
right.
If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can
discard it and I'll never know. Thanks very much for your support to me, and I
know you'll all be there again here soon when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis,

Sgt Howard C. Wright
1st Force Recon Co
1st Plt PLT RTO

Tim Hortons sends coffee to Canadian troops, I bet they would send some grinds over to Iraq for your guys.

-=d=- it has been discussed before, but scopes doesn't give the entire story. It just helps Starbucks cover their ass.

Wal-Mart has been donating tons of stuff not only for the troops, but for their families too. Starbucks says that THEY can't donate cuz it would violate IRS rules. As me and Merlin pointed out before..... BULLSHIT!

While it is true that they couldn't get a tax deduction for the donations, netiher can Wal-Mart and they are not letting it stop them from doing it. Starbucks should be willing to pay for it as a gesture to the troops, but they are not. They are hiding behind tax code to try and explain away why they can't do it. Instead, Starbucks' employees are making donations by giving up THEIR weekly rations while Starbucks is taking the credit for it. I commend the Starbucks employees that are making the donation, but they shouldn't have to. Starbucks should be willing to step up to the plate and send our boys (and girls) some frigg'n coffee.

!!FUCK STARBUCKS!!

This is all too funny. When I was in the Union Savings Bank the other day, THEY have a basket in which to place items they've listed for the troops. Comes down to just how charitable you want to be.

-=d=- said:
starbucks doesn't owe anyone anything for free - be they soldiers or others.

you don't get it. nobody said they "owed" anybody anything. But their excuse is lame. There are no laws that prevent them from doing it. That is my point.

And actually, I will disagree with you. Starbucks at least owes our troops gratitude.

freeandfun1 said:
you don't get it. nobody said they "owed" anybody anything. But their excuse is lame. There are no laws that prevent them from doing it. That is my point.

And actually, I will disagree with you. Starbucks at least owes our troops gratitude.

I had this conversation with others, some time ago. AS a former military man, I don't think anyone OWES me anything. The reasons why I joined the service were my own, and the results of my service are had by all who live in the US. Starbucks doesn't owe troops anything....just as you don't OWE the charitable organizations I support anything, either.

I understand your disappointmentwith their business decision, but you can always express your point of view by going down the street to Joe's corner coffee joint, instead.

Starbucks OWES it's shareholders profit.....and as a for profit business, that is what they chose to do.....sorry....it's just the way I see things.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Fmr jarhead said:
I had this conversation with others, some time ago. AS a former military man, I don't think anyone OWES me anything. The reasons why I joined the service were my own, and the results of my service are had by all who live in the US. Starbucks doesn't owe troops anything....just as you don't OWE the charitable organizations I support anything, either.

I understand your disappointmentwith their business decision, but you can always express your point of view by going down the street to Joe's corner coffee joint, instead.

Starbucks OWES it's shareholders profit.....and as a for profit business, that is what they chose to do.....sorry....it's just the way I see things.

Did you read my post?

But I still hold that Starbucks and ALL Americans at least owe gratitude and that doesn't cost a damn dime.

Well, it's their saying they don't support the war or anyone in it that pisses me off. They can jam their coffee up their asses if they want to, for all I care. But, to cite their antiwar stance as the reason for not donating coffee to the soldiers - I don't know - it just seems to me that an attitude like that should carry a price. Maybe they figure that their more liberal customers will appreciate it. O.K. - that's fine. Life is a series of trade-offs, I guess. But, for my part, I say again - fuck 'em!

Starbuck's does suck!!
They make millions of dollars....would it kill them to give a few cases to our guys (and girls) over there.

Boycott..go to Dunkin' Donuts.

:usa:

pennyville73 said:
Starbuck's does suck!!
They make millions of dollars....would it kill them to give a few cases to our guys (and girls) over there.

Boycott..go to Dunkin' Donuts.

:usa:

That avatar rocks!

It's one of those e-rumours that was going around. Nothing to it.

Full story

Dear Readers,

Almost 5 months ago I sent an e-mail to you my faithful friends. I did a wrong thing that needs to be cleared up. I heard by word of mouth about how Starbucks said they didn't support the war and all. I was having enough of that kind of talk and didn't do my research properly like I should have. This is not true. Starbucks supports men and women in uniform. They have personally contacted me and I have been sent many copies of their company's policy on this issue. So I apologize for this quick and wrong letter that I sent out to you.

Now I ask that you all pass this email around to everyone you passed the last one to. Thank you very much for understanding about this.

Howard C. Wright

Sgt USMC

1st Force Rcon Co

1st Plt PLT RTO

freeandfun1 said:
Did you read my post?

But I still hold that Starbucks and ALL Americans at least owe gratitude and that doesn't cost a damn dime.

I heard you the first time, but maybe you did not understand what I wrote.....

They do not owe me, nor any like minded members of the service, anything....I have enough respect for our system to know that I am not OWED anything by anyone....that is the best part about our country. You can disagree with anything about it, and still have the freedom to express it.

Now, on the other hand, if someone does have gratitude for service members, it is greatly appreciated.

Does that make sense?

Is this the rumor that said they were charging 9/11 victims for water???
I still don't buy Starbucks because of that.

Forum List

Back