Starbucks to ask customers to donate time

Way to overestimate the potential support for Hamas terror groups....:eusa_whistle:

Way to overestimate your knowledge of the world.

At a time when other businesses were desperately pulling out of Israel, Starbucks decided to help Israel's floundering economy and invest in Israel - a joint venture with Israeli conglomerate Delek Group for Starbucks outlets in Israel ( Shalom Coffee Co). A bad business decision - Starbucks made heavy losses and in April 2003 Starbucks were forced to announced that all 6 Starbucks cafes in Israel will be shut down and its partnership with Delek end.
http://whatreallyhappened.com/content/flashback-boycott-starbucks

So let me get this straight .. your position is that a company in BUSINESS .. particularly during a time when BUSINESS is hurting .. shouldn't care if it is included in a BOYCOTT of their BUSINESS about a issue most of the world supports and have caused world-wide protests. That's what you think?

Starbucks will shut down 600 of its U.S. coffee shops
Starbucks will shut down 600 of its U.S. coffee shops - Business - Oregonlive.com

Starbucks Profit Down Sharply on Restructuring Costs
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/11/business/11sbux.html

That's what you thnk?

well, he can hope. :cuckoo:

I don't think he realizes how out of touch he is from reality.

See my previous post .. but I'm kinda' betting you still won't get it.

As long as I recognize how out of touch with reality you are on this issue, finding truth is easy. It is you who run from it my sister, not me.

I don't understand the backlash. I already do 5 hours a week easily so I'll be collecting my free coffee. Were people this pissed off when they gave away coffee on election day? Around here they gave it to anyone and everyone that came in. I just don't think every corporation is the devil, I don't know how some of you can make it through the day with so much evil lurking in the shadows. How do you even find the courage to leave the house?

It's just a marketing ploy. A free cup of coffee...you'll end up buying something else, like an overpriced cookie. Regardless, this thread has convinced me that Starbucks needs our help and I vow to buy a cup of the most expensive latte they offer every day for the next month.

Viva la Starbucks!

I don't understand the backlash. I already do 5 hours a week easily so I'll be collecting my free coffee. Were people this pissed off when they gave away coffee on election day? Around here they gave it to anyone and everyone that came in. I just don't think every corporation is the devil, I don't know how some of you can make it through the day with so much evil lurking in the shadows. How do you even find the courage to leave the house?

I'm guessing some don't.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQKdEdzHnfU]YouTube - We Met At Starbucks[/ame]

Sorry I'm a tard when it comes to embedding ...

There isn't any backlash... it's just silliness. It's a nice thing to do by a corporate owner.

BAC is just angry that the owner happens to be a Jew who's pro Israel. (you know, because jews are supposed to die for terrorists). That kind of sticks in his craw. The fact that he also makes sure even his part-time workers have health coverage must be just a cover for his being a blood thirsty zionist. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

There isn't any backlash... it's just silliness. It's a nice thing to do by a corporate owner.

BAC is just angry that the owner happens to be a Jew who's pro Israel. (you know, because jews are supposed to die for terrorists). That kind of sticks in his craw. The fact that he also makes sure even his part-time workers have health coverage must be just a cover for his being a blood thirsty zionist. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Get real .. BAC ain't mad at anything. I'm offering my opinions, just like you are. You're full of mischaracterizations.

I've never been to Starbucks, knew nothing of the CEO or the boycott of Starbucks until I read some information about it with information on the protests.

You can talk that bullshit about no backlash all you want, but I'm betting Starbucks is in no position to be the target of a boycott AGAIN.

Surely you agree with the right of consumers to choose who they do business with .. let's see how this all plays out.

Feel free to boycott any business you choose. Show them arabs a thing or two and boycott their oil.

I think it's the superior attitude that Starbucks is projecting, pretending that they are going to turn America into an army of volunteers by rewarding them with their coffee, that offends people.
Sure, lots of people do volunteer work for the perks, people donate to charities for the thank you gifts they get in return. It's a great way to raise funds, but this coffee for pledges gimmick seems so pretentious and outright opportunist. I'm not in the least inspired by $tar$'s PR ploy to get more customers in their stores while acting like it's all for the good of the community.

I've gotten lots of free cups of coffee from people showing gratitude for my volunteer work but it wasn't for the coffee that I did it.

Last edited:
It's just a marketing ploy. A free cup of coffee...you'll end up buying something else, like an overpriced cookie. Regardless, this thread has convinced me that Starbucks needs our help and I vow to buy a cup of the most expensive latte they offer every day for the next month.

Viva la Starbucks!
Starbucks needs a bailout?? Let's get cracking folks!! Forget expecting the government to hand over our tax money to them. How about some good old fashioned neighbor's helping neighbors!!! Everyone get down to your local Starbucks and buy an extra large, errrrr, vente?? is it?, 1000 calorie flavored coffee drink!!!

Get real .. BAC ain't mad at anything. I'm offering my opinions, just like you are. You're full of mischaracterizations.

I've never been to Starbucks, knew nothing of the CEO or the boycott of Starbucks until I read some information about it with information on the protests.

You can talk that bullshit about no backlash all you want, but I'm betting Starbucks is in no position to be the target of a boycott AGAIN.

Surely you agree with the right of consumers to choose who they do business with .. let's see how this all plays out.

Feel free to boycott any business you choose. Show them arabs a thing or two and boycott their oil.
if you've "never been" to a starbucks, how can you boycott them?
they wont miss what you never gave them
:lol:

I think it's wrong because I don't like my community.

Same here. Funny (and disturbing) facts about Seattles social services:

Most who use the services are not even native to Seattle, many find out how good our homeless shelters and programs are then move up here with the intent to take advantage of them. Our social services are pulling out their hair because these people are ruining it for the few who didn't and they can do little to stop it (last time we tried California sued us) which ultimately drains our services and hikes up our taxes to pay for the drain.

As for those not needing the services, we have a lot of people moving here (or already here) from other states because we are "such a beautiful city" but now it's an ugly gray lego block city because of these people. I hate what my community has become.

OH .. I get it .. you think "boycott" meant just me.

I have a different interpretation.

The actual numbers of people who will boycott starbucks for political reasons is so small as to be meaningless in practical reality. Now, there may be plenty who will "boycott" them for taste reasons, or because they are generically anti-corporate pro-local, or because of economic reasons.

But I think you'll find that the actual support for Hamas is rather small in the U.S. in economic terms. In fact, I strongly suspect that most Americans feel Israel is entitled to bomb the shit out of Gaza.

OH .. I get it .. you think "boycott" meant just me.

I have a different interpretation.
ah, so you think your boycott will effect them
then you will be happy to know i have been boycotting them since they first opened and before they ever had a shop near me

:lol:

you are way too naive for politics

Most of Starbuck's sales occur in the U.S., and I think that the average American doesn't care enough about the Pali/Israeli conflict to give up their mochaccinos.

Hey .. then there's no problem because everyone knows that Starbucks is so finacially healthy that it doesn't need it's foreign business. It's why they shutdown their stores for three hours months ago .. so they could tell employees how wonderfully their bottom line was looking. :lol:

In fact, I strongly suspect that most Americans feel Israel is entitled to bomb the shit out of Gaza.
My take on it is less and less Americans are supportive of the bombing, especially now that it's looking as if Israel would go ahead and blast the entire population to oblivion if it weren't for international intervention.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back