Starbucks to ask customers to donate time

Sounds like an easy way to get a free cup of coffee.
IMG%5D

coffee.gif

IMG%5D

personally, i refuse to work for less than a "living wage".

Five hours for a lousy cup of coffee worth what $3.50?

How dare a rich , evil corporation who makes its money selling over priced coffee with beans picked by slave laborers in some third world country expect Americans to work for that kind of remuneration.

Jeez, y'all, did Starbucks kick your puppy or something? If you want a free cuppa, sign up to volunteer. If you prefer not to, don't. Is this really so hard for you people?

If you don't want foam on your phallically shaped vente cappucino, ain't nobody forcing you to buy one.

Is it just me, or has America today turned into a bunch of whiny pansy asses?

Last edited:
Jeez, y'all, did Starbucks kick your puppy or something? If you want a free cuppa, sign up to volunteer. If you prefer not to, don't. Is this really so hard for you people?
I'd say yes. Personally, Starbucks is my God of choice so I look at it as being told by my church to go forth and do community works.

I'd say yes. Personally, Starbucks is my God of choice so I look at it as being told by my church to go forth and do community works.

Ann Taylor is my goddess. I think I'll just spend my frou frou coffee money on a pair of new black boots.

At one cup of coffee per hour of community service, I figure Starbucks already owes me about 20,000 cups of coffee for the last 13 years of time in harness.

Much as I love coffee I'd prefer to own a STARBUCKS franchise if you don't mind.

Or I'll take it in stocks.

Starbucks is obviously speaking to their more liberal customers and I think it's about time. As everyone knows, conservatives give more of their time and money to charity than any other group. These people don't have to be bribed to give of their time with a pot of coffee. However, liberals need some kind of incentive because giving of their time freely does not come naturally to them. Kudos to Starbucks. Let's hope Liberals take the bait.

At one cup of coffee per hour of community service, I figure Starbucks already owes me about 20,000 cups of coffee for the last 13 years of time in harness.

Much as I love coffee I'd prefer to own a STARBUCKS franchise if you don't mind.

Or I'll take it in stocks.

Starbucks doesn't franchise.

Do you think it's wrong to donate 5 hours of your time, or wrong because a corporation is asking you to do it, or wrong because it coincides with President Obama's Inauguration, or wrong because you don't like Starbucks Coffee?

Personally I believe it is wrong because it is a blatant ass kissing ploy by one of the most left-wing companies, in support of an idiot left wing President Elect who is even more hypocritical than even I thought he would be at this time

I personally am all for people volunteering their time for communities and charities... but not at the publicly shouted behest of a company for pony tailed grad students, still living in mom's basement and working the afternoon shift in the 'coffee house', asking if you want a chai latte with skim platypus milk, before they rearrange their copies of 'The Communist manifesto" on the tables by the window, and talk about the soulfulness of Peruvian banjo music when listened to while smoking pot

Last edited:
Personally I believe it is wrong because it is a blatant ass kissing ploy by one of the most left-wing companies, in support of an idiot left wing President Elect who is even more hypocritical than even I thought he would be at this time

I personally am all for people volunteering their time for communities and charities... but not at the publicly shouted behest of a company for pony tailed grad students, still living in mom's basement and working the afternoon shift in the 'coffee house', asking if you want a chai latte with skim platypus milk, before they rearrange their copies of 'The Communist manifesto" on the tables by the window, and talk about the soulfulness of Peruvian banjo music when listened to while smoking pot

That was funny! :D

Okay go get in line folks...your being asked to man up...for your Messiah.

Good thing I hate Starbucks coffee.

Snip

NEW YORK —
Starbucks Corp. said Wednesday it is asking its customers to donate five hours of time to their communities as part of an initiative timed to coincide with President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration.

Customers who fill out a pledge card to give five hours of time to a local "volunteer opportunity" of their choice will receive a free tall brewed coffee beginning Jan. 21 through Jan. 25. Customers can pick up pledge cards inside stores.

The initiative comes as Obama, who called during his presidential campaign for a renewed commitment to community service, is sworn in to the Oval Office on Tuesday.

Local News | Starbucks to ask customers to donate time | Seattle Times Newspaper

Starbucks may soon be asking customers to danate money given they are now the target of a Boycott, Divest, and Sanction campaign against Israel.

Do you think it's wrong to donate 5 hours of your time, or wrong because a corporation is asking you to do it, or wrong because it coincides with President Obama's Inauguration, or wrong because you don't like Starbucks Coffee?

He doesn't even think it's wrong... he just felt like trolling.

Dead give-away? Anyone who uses that messiah garbage? total and complete wingnut.

He doesn't even think it's wrong... he just felt like trolling.

Dead give-away? Anyone who uses that messiah garbage? total and complete wingnut.

Wait, are you telling me when people call President Obama "The Messiah" they really don't mean it! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Working 5 hours and you call the coffee free? :lol:
No, silly Willy! You fill out the card, write in BatBoy or someone else or even your own name, it's an unenforceable pledge, take your coffee and go.

I think you need more coffee. Here
coffee.gif

No, silly Willy! You fill out the card, write in BatBoy or someone else or even your own name, it's an unenforceable pledge, take your coffee and go.

I think you need more coffee. Here
coffee.gif

Ahh... no proof of identity needed to get your benefit.... and with that you could do it multiple times

Must mean that ACORN is running this promotion for them

• Thanks
Reactions: del

LOL Very funny!
My thoughts as well apart the dig at Obama. And the few times I've been in one the service varied widely. From arrogant and snotty to genuinely hospitable.
As someone who does volunteer work already if find this shallow ploy of theirs off putting.
I don't like their overpriced burnt coffee anyway. I either bring my own in thermos or buy from locally owned businesses.

If you don't want foam on your phallically shaped vente cappucino, ain't nobody forcing you to buy one.

Is it just me, or has America today turned into a bunch of whiny pansy asses?

Ummm .... are you whining about America's pansy asses? Whaaaaaaaaa....... I just hate when people do that!! ;)

Forum List

Back