Starbucks Claims Widespread Support for CEO's Call to Boycott Campaign Donations

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Ya wanna make your voice heard in DC? Hit em where it hurts, in the pocket book. :clap2:

Starbucks claimed Wednesday that it has rallied “hundreds” of people in support of a call by CEO Howard Schultz to suspend campaign contributions to Congress and the president until Washington produces a long-term deficit reduction plan.

Schultz has been pushing the idea over the past several days, appealing to business leaders and other Americans to send a message to Washington by cutting off the fundraising spigot.

Starbucks Claims Widespread Support For CEO's Call To Boycott Campaign Donations | FoxNews.com

good for them. now if the rest of the corporate shills that own Washington would please stand up, pretty please stand up.

Really? From Schult'z email:

Tens of millions are unemployed and underemployed. Right now our economy is frozen in a cycle of fear and uncertainty. Companies are afraid to hire. Consumers are afraid to spend. Banks are afraid to lend. Record levels of cash are piling up in corporate treasuries, idling. That cash is not being used to expand operations, train new workers, underwrite new ventures, or spark innovation.

The only way to break this cycle of fear is to break it. The only way to get the country’s economic circulatory system flowing again is to start pumping lifeblood through it. That is why we today issue a second pledge. Our companies are going to hire. We are going to accelerate growth, employment, and investment in jobs.

We do this because we want to set in motion an upward spiral of confidence. We are not waiting for government to create an incentive program or a stimulus.

Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz Calls For Boycott On Campaign Contributions

Sounds EXACTLY like a Tea Partier to me.

Yes I am a teacher. And what I read from this email is "eff Washington" "get out of the way" and let private businesses and people make this country strong again. That's what the Tea Party's message is.

Wow. When did Schultz join the Tea Party?

:eusa_eh: Joke?

Not the Tea Party's focus. This is aimed at all incumbents and party "war chests". Like I said, if you want them to honestly listen to us and not just their supporting PACs then hit them where it hurts, that'll get their attention and maybe, just maybe they'll start listening.

Forum List

Back