Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Coffee, tea, and controversy
A Maine town down on its luck confronts pitch for topless shop
By Brian MacQuarrie
Globe Staff / January 12, 2009

VASSALBORO, Maine - For coffee drinkers who need more than caffeine to get them going, Donald Crabtree thinks he's hit on an eye-opening answer in this small town just north of Augusta.

Crabtree plans to open a topless coffee shop in as soon as a month here, where the biggest excitement has usually been the town picnic during Vassalboro Days each September.

In a long-vacant building that once housed Mac Daddy's Pub at the Fat Cat Grille, Crabtree plans topless service between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. to 25 tables arranged on a checkerboard floor behind blacked-out windows and a cordon of security.

But where Crabtree sees a unique niche in a tanking economy, many townspeople see a worrisome toehold that will beckon similar businesses and undesirable visitors.

"My husband doesn't drink coffee," said Erlile Pelletier, as she worked the cash register at Ferris Variety. "But I told him if he became a coffee drinker, we were getting a divorce."

Click below for full article...
Coffee, tea, and controversy - The Boston Globe

Gives new meaning to cupsize.

OMG I have a mental picture of some old guy sitting with his coffee and asking one of the topless gals for milk. *Laughing*

I see the ad in the paper for this job "Leaky Tits only need to apply" LOL

There used to be a topless donut shop down here for a while. Didn't last long. Can't make much money selling coffee and donuts when the customers don't leave!

Forum List

Back