Star Wars: Rebels

Luke's journey didn't begin until he met up with Obi Wan and went on some damn fool idealistic crusade like his father did.

Also, Obi Wan described this era as the Dark Times but this Rebels cartoon is so goofy and lighthearted and childish.

The cast of cliche unknown characters makes it even worse not mention that the Rebels didn't score their first victory until the battle of Yavin.

To be absolutely fair, there isn't a whole lot to indicate why the Empire is all that bad in the original trilogy.

Empire is akin to the Taliban. They took over the legitimate government in episode 2 through deceit and deception. Could make an arguement too it's our own US government but in the early stages.

Luke's journey didn't begin until he met up with Obi Wan and went on some damn fool idealistic crusade like his father did.

Also, Obi Wan described this era as the Dark Times but this Rebels cartoon is so goofy and lighthearted and childish.

The cast of cliche unknown characters makes it even worse not mention that the Rebels didn't score their first victory until the battle of Yavin.

To be absolutely fair, there isn't a whole lot to indicate why the Empire is all that bad in the original trilogy.

Empire is akin to the Taliban. They took over the legitimate government in episode 2 through deceit and deception. Could make an arguement too it's our own US government but in the early stages.

Delta4, you're making Prequel era Republic's transformation into Empire analysis and comparisons to the real life currents events

Well JoeB (who can't seem to be honest even during a discussion about Star Wars) was referring to the Original Trilogy and what's been established storywise about the Empire not being bad and life under their rule.

Tarkin was clearly established as a ruthless Tryrant under the Emperor's dictatorship that used the Death Star to destroy planets and to instill fear throughout the other planets in the galaxy.

Their stormtroopers declared marshal law on Tatooine and torched down Luke's Aunt and Uncle along with their farm.

JoeB calls that a comfortable life under the Empire?

Last edited:
Delta4, you're making Prequel era Republic's transformation into Empire analysis and comparisons to the real life currents events

Well JoeB (who can't seem to be honest even during a discussion about Star Wars) was referring to the Original Trilogy and what's been established storywise about the Empire not being bad and life under their rule.

Tarkin was clearly established as a ruthless Tryrant under the Emperor's dictatorship that used the Death Star to destroy planets and to instill fear throughout the other planets in the galaxy.

Their stormtroopers declared marshal law on Tatooine and torched down Luke's Aunt and Uncle along with their farm.

Well, if you weren't one of those people, yeah. Frankly, it strikes me that life was a lot worse during the Republican where you never knew when you might find yourself caught between armies of clones and robots.

Well, if you weren't one of those people, yeah. Frankly, it strikes me that life was a lot worse during the Republican where you never knew when you might find yourself caught between armies of clones and robots.

LOL, you're just trolling, aren't you Joe?

Well, no, I'm just pointing out that really, the Rebels are kind of making things worse, aren't they? I mean, they overthrew the only stable government this universe had, and the fact we now need three more movies to talk about it where apparently there are still problems 30 years later says a lot.

Well, no, I'm just pointing out that really, the Rebels are kind of making things worse, aren't they? I mean, they overthrew the only stable government this universe had, and the fact we now need three more movies to talk about it where apparently there are still problems 30 years later says a lot.

In the original trilogy, the empire is pretty clearly shown to be a heavy-handed dictatorship in which anyone, including the populations of entire planets, is at risk. Most of the leadership is portrayed as stereotypically power-hungry and outright evil. The lives of the regular population is not shown in much detail. So I'm uncertain why you would say that there isn't good reason shown why the empire is bad. It's run by the dark-side scarred emperor and his right-hand man, Darth Vader!

It's like looking at Nazi Germany and saying, "Well, I don't see what was so bad about the Nazis. They helped the German economy, brought order, had the trains running on time....". :lol:

Stability does not necessarily equal a good or equitable government. And while I haven't seen a plot synopsis, there are any number of reasons there could be problems in an entire galaxy 30 years after the fall of the empire, including various holdouts from that same empire.

Well, I never bought that just because they killed the Emperor, the whole Empire was going to fall.

Even assuming Vader was his designated successor, there had to be guys lower down on the food chain who would have been ready to step up if what happened actually occurred.

Forum List

Back