Star Wars: Rebels

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
On one of the Disney channels here. Thinking it was about the episode 7+ movies coming soon I checked it out last night. Liked Star Wars: The Clone Wars and this was noticeably more for kids, but the animation style was superior to Clone Wars'. Clone Wars was really blocky in appearence and this one's much more rounded and natural looking. Only saw one episode so far but it looks like something to set tv reminders for. :)

Love to see them put the Clone Wars series through whatever renderer they used for Rebels. Better looking imo :)

Love to see them put the Clone Wars series through whatever renderer they used for Rebels. Better looking imo :)

The animation is better.

The characters are... well, who ever heard of these people and who cares.

Clone Wars, for its flaws, actually did go into more depth about what happened between Clones and Sith.

Some of it was silly, like bringing back Darth Maul. No, really.

Some of it was kind of interesting.

The animation is better.

The characters are... well, who ever heard of these people and who cares.

Clone Wars, for its flaws, actually did go into more depth about what happened between Clones and Sith.

Some of it was silly, like bringing back Darth Maul. No, really.

Some of it was kind of interesting.

Well it's obviously targetted to different age groups. Rebels is rated Y7, Clone Wars was often TV-14 if not mistaken.

Show feels a bit like Firefly to me. Just a bit. But I've enjoyed what ive seen so far

Well it's obviously targetted to different age groups. Rebels is rated Y7, Clone Wars was often TV-14 if not mistaken.

and, this, Children, is why Disney taking over Star Wars is a bad thing.

Disney, the people who take morbid fairy tales and gives them happy endings.

Fuck you, Victor Hugo, Esmeralda gets to live and the Hunchback gets accepted.

Fuck you, Rudyard Kipling. Mowgli doesn't burn down the village that rejected him. He just hangs with some happy animals.

Fuck you, Rudyard Kipling. Mowgli doesn't burn down the village that rejected him. He just hangs with some happy animals.

Um, are you aware of what Lucas already did to Star Wars? I don't see Disney fucking it up any worse. :lol:

Um, are you aware of what Lucas already did to Star Wars? I don't see Disney fucking it up any worse. :lol:

I do. They can do it by simply making more that aren't any good.

Browsing around earlier this am, there's some stuff already online re: episode 7. Supposedly a trailer will be airing in theatres during The Hobbit 3 movie this weekend.

If they wanted a epi 3-4 storyline they shoulda used a young Luke Skywalker. Why they invented a completely new character is beyond me. Especially since he fades to obscurity by epi 4.

If they wanted a epi 3-4 storyline they shoulda used a young Luke Skywalker. Why they invented a completely new character is beyond me. Especially since he fades to obscurity by epi 4.
Luke was farming for uncle Owen during the time of those events.

And bullseyeing womprats in his T-16. :) Just as the Ezra character's experiencing the Force with no training or even awareness it exists in the pilot, presumedly Luke had similar experiences before learning about it. Since all that time is unwritten about, who's to say it didn't happen. Certainly would make more sense than a brand new character who dies off or otherwise vanishes by the 4th episode of the series.

Could even have done a younger Han and Leia. Leia was some kind of rebel agent by episode 4, Han was smuggling, not like there was nothing going on pre-4 to write about.

Wel, keep in mind, the main purpose of this show is to sell toys.

Perhaps for this wretched childish cartoon but not for the movies.

Um, yeah, actually, the movies, too. In fact, one of the sadder legacies of Star Wars is that it has changed the way movies are made and marketed. When a Star Wars movie is made, they first thing they are thinking is, "How many of these things can we make into toys?"

And bullseyeing womprats in his T-16. :) Just as the Ezra character's experiencing the Force with no training or even awareness it exists in the pilot, presumedly Luke had similar experiences before learning about it. Since all that time is unwritten about, who's to say it didn't happen. Certainly would make more sense than a brand new character who dies off or otherwise vanishes by the 4th episode of the series.

Could even have done a younger Han and Leia. Leia was some kind of rebel agent by episode 4, Han was smuggling, not like there was nothing going on pre-4 to write about.

Luke's journey didn't begin until he met up with Obi Wan and went on some damn fool idealistic crusade like his father did.

Also, Obi Wan described this era as the Dark Times but this Rebels cartoon is so goofy and lighthearted and childish.

The cast of cliche unknown characters makes it even worse not mention that the Rebels didn't score their first victory until the battle of Yavin.

Wel, keep in mind, the main purpose of this show is to sell toys.

Perhaps for this wretched childish cartoon but not for the movies.

Um, yeah, actually, the movies, too. In fact, one of the sadder legacies of Star Wars is that it has changed the way movies are made and marketed. When a Star Wars movie is made, they first thing they are thinking is, "How many of these things can we make into toys?"

Perhaps prequel era George Lucas let the idea of toys and merchandize dictate his stories but the first Star Wars movie had zero priorities for merchandizing while in production.

In fact the Kenner Toy company had to give out early bird certificates for the action figures, vehicles and playsets during the 1977 holiday season because they under estimated the demand.

Luke's journey didn't begin until he met up with Obi Wan and went on some damn fool idealistic crusade like his father did.

Also, Obi Wan described this era as the Dark Times but this Rebels cartoon is so goofy and lighthearted and childish.

The cast of cliche unknown characters makes it even worse not mention that the Rebels didn't score their first victory until the battle of Yavin.

To be absolutely fair, there isn't a whole lot to indicate why the Empire is all that bad in the original trilogy.

Forum List

Back