Star Wars in 3D...

jsgr79

Rookie
Jan 22, 2012
very disappointing...Lucas, besides having watered the original (but Blu-Ray version is amazing just to watch) this 3D theatrical release is terrible...I expected better..

I don't really see the fus about 3d movies honestly..I prefer watching them normally. unless the graphics are so good you could almost get fooled you're in the middle of the action, 3d movies are not as exciting. star wars doesn't need a 3d version to kick ass anyway

I really have to disagree. I've been a Star Wars fan since opening night in 1977. Sure, there are things here and there I'd change in the franchise (jar jar should have been killed off in Phantom Menace, the love story angle and dialog between Anikan and Padme should have NEVER been born, etc.) but overall I'm very please with the Start Wars saga.

I took my 11 year old son to see Phantom Menace in 3-d. It was his first experience with the 'prequels'. He loved it. I thought there was just enough 3D to make it fun, without killing it.

The audience (full house) applauded at the end.

7 of 10

Phantom Menace was terrible in 2d, why would I want to watch it in 3d? A few people from my family saw it and they said there was nothing worth putting in 3d. Just George Lucas trying to wring some more money out of the Star Wars cash cow.

I agree it was not good. To get the real 3D experience the move has to be shot in 3D. Trying to convert none 3D to 3D doesn't work very well. I could barely detect any real 3D effect. The only thing I got out of it was seeing the digital Yoda.

Forum List

Back